Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

When is it most active for killers to play?

Options

So I'm on ps4 and whenever I try and play survivor it takes normally 20-30 min to find a match, so I was wondering what time of day is probably the best to jump on?

Best Answers

• TommyFredo
    TommyFredo Member Posts: 48
    Answer ✓
    Options

For survivor it depends on your party size, rank, and the pool of killers at that rank. For killer it depends on what rank you are. Red rank survivors take the longest to get a game, meanwhile Red rank killers have a queue time of 30-40 seconds. Weird right? BHVR needs to fix some stuff. I suggest not staying at rank 1 survivor to lower queue times, i had to de-rank myself to rank 2 in order to find games consistently. Most survivors play around 4pm - 9pm EST, and there's killers playing at all ranks almost 24/7. Just gotta catch the servers at a good time I guess.

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Usually the most active times will be in the evenings from around 6-11, or on the weekends during normal waking hours (say from around 10AM).

However, bear in mind that queue times aren't only dependent on player numbers but also how many people are in the queue. If no one is playing killer, it's going to take a very long time to get a match as a survivor. If you want to check whether it's player numbers or role imbalance causing the problem, you can try playing killer and see how quickly you get a lobby. If killer wait times are a lot shorter than survivors, the problem is probably that not enough people are playing killer, which unfortunately is not a problem you can necessarily solve by playing at strategic times.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@valkier121

There are actually a few factors that go into this. Your rank is one, your region, and of course the time of day you're playing at.

first, your rank

If you're at Grey Ranks (Which is around Rank 17-20) than you'll naturally get very long queue times for whatever time of day it is, mainly because not a lot of people stay in Grey Ranks for long, and because the match-making for that rank has always been a bit iffy.

Ranks like Yellow (the rank after Grey) or Grey will always have bad queue times because of this, so they usually can take about 10minutes+ or more depending on the time of day as well as the region you're in, if not many people in your region are in Grey or Yellow ranks, than the match-making will take longer to find a suitable team for you to play with or against, this usually means you'll be paired with higher ranked Survivors or Killers, since the match-making couldn't find anyone equal or to your rank, so they look above that to fill in the time.

second, your region

Your region is also another factor that plays into match-making queue times. If your rank is low with a region that doesn't have many players in that match-making pool, than the match-making will take longer (depending on the time of day for what that regions peak times are as well).

So, your region isn't a massive factor into this, but it somewhat does change how the queue times are. If your rank is high though, queue times can be slightly better or a lot better! But like I said, the main factors are rank and time of day, the region is just a bi-product of how the match-making searches for suitable players in that same region.

Basically, your region can also lessen or worsen the queue times depending on where you live. So if you're in North America in Grey Ranks, the queue times will be bad (because it's Grey Ranks), but it might be slightly better than someone in say... Germany for example.

third, the time of day

Last, if the time of day for where you live is not at its "peak hours", than the match-making will be a lot slower at low and even high ranks. Sometimes though, if your rank is high, than this isn't really noticeable... if your rank is low, than it's slightly more noticeable.

conclusion

It really does depend on these factors above, but since you're quite new, it seems that you're just starting out in Grey Ranks.

If this is the case, than your match-making will of course take awhile UNTIL you reach a higher rank like Green Ranks (That's about Rank 8-12), which usually starts to bump up the match-making queues quite a lot.

So, in a sense, you'll naturally have longer queue times because less people are IN those ranks, but the time of day can also make this a lot longer... and the region can lessen or worsen this, depending on where you live.

• FireHazard
    Options

I know this is a meme, but they're speaking in-general lol.

• valkier121
    valkier121 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    Options

@FireHazard thanks for answering!! also nah I'm not new, rn I'm in the green ranks. But yea I just never made an account on here, and I always played in the afternoons of est timezone. But again, thanks so much for the info ❤️

• valkier121
    valkier121 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    Options

@Fibijean thanks for answering ❤️ and yea I did just that and had got into queue within 5 seconds. Then again my ranks are different for survivor and killer. I will say, Its making me play killer alot more then usual, which I don't mind as long as I know it's getting other people into matches quicker. I always respected killers but now I respect them a whole lot more since it's a circle, survivors need killers and killers need survivors. I kinda always thought that the majority of people preferred playing killer. Boy was I wrong lol

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I think they did, for a while. Recent changes have turned a lot of people off playing killer, I think. Which is great for those that still want to, because now they get super fast queue times!

• FireHazard
    Options