Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Live Q&A: 3.5.0 PTB/Update

Comments

• Littlefabio
    Littlefabio Member Posts: 139

I was wonder if all the maps will be updated like Lery's. I would love to see new assets for older maps better lighting effects and higher resolution.

• sensualsatan
    sensualsatan Member Posts: 92

What was the process behind reworking the Doctor and Lery's?

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

In the Dev update there was mention that the new ruin is good in late game. However, it feels as if Hex totems rarely make it to late game.

Is there any discussion or effort to change all totems to be harder to find? There have been many suggestions about how to make totems harder to locate. I'm not talking about new hiding spots, but making them harder to see in some way?

• Eric4bz
    Eric4bz Member Posts: 4

When you track the stats of killers and survivors - along with the addons or perks used - and notice something being used ad nauseum or almost never, do you consult well known community members (streamers, active forum users, known content creators, etc.) for their opinions on them along with their reasoning for the amount of usage, or do you have your own analysts for that?

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Since we are now getting events through the Rift, what are your plans regarding the firecracker items?

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

About Tome II, why Jane, David, Spirit and Doc and not, for instance, Wraith, Hillbilly, Meg or Dwight? Doc is most likely because of the rework, and Spirit maybe for the pick rate. Is this correct? And the others?

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

with the Ruin changes can we now finally remove the notifications that survivors get on which hex totem are up when they get hit or work on generators. Just maybe the Hex will stay up long enough to have fun with it instead of survivors go searching for it right away

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

New Lery's look's amazing and what I would expect for all maps because of that "sinister look", but I've noticed that some vault windows are made of briks (below it) wich makes them seem breakable (wich would confirm the breakable window leak), is it for a new killer or a new mechanic?

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

After last rift, how is it planned now on to keep the events? And will they reward free cosmetics too?

• greekfire774
    greekfire774 Member Posts: 170

Is there any chance the stun time between static blast and being able to use an attack will be decreased? Currently its 2 seconds short of decisive strike and feels a bit rough

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Do you ever have a thought/plan about adding more Objectives to Survivors? Or at least a way to slow down the Gen progressing but not extend Gen time.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    edited January 2020

With ruin no longer able to hold the front killer players are seeing more sad limitations on killers..seeing as you wish to keep the game from getting boring for survivors..would you agree adding tools and removing certain limitations off killers would probably be the best solution? I ask because it would fix variety and let killers themselves hold more sway over the match instead of perks as well as enhance gameplay across the board

(Tried to keep it short but wanted to be clear)

Post edited by immortalls96 on
  • CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Is the game hard to balance since at the low ranks it's a killer sided game and in high ranks it's survivor sided? Asking because I want to be a game dev :3

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689

What killer are you planning to add chase music to next?

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149

The new Lery's is amazing aesthetically speaking. Can we expect future map reworks to get complete visual overhauls just like Treatment Theatre?

• Gam1ngga5tly
    Gam1ngga5tly Member Posts: 129
    edited January 2020

Apart from the doctor Is any other killer getting there own chase music when the update comes out?

• Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105

What are your plans concerning the doctor ?

Will you change more addons to add more variety as well as better sticking to its new power ?

• mike1288mccarthy
    mike1288mccarthy Member Posts: 78

Will the archives have more bloodpoint rewards and rift fragments rewards than last the tome and part 2 of this will it be easier this time to reach tier 70 on the rift? I know a lot of people had trouble reaching just because they didn't have the time to do so

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2020

Lore-wise, how would you justify a killer's power rework (such as Freddy or the Doctor)? Is the Entity involved or are the killers that change by their own will?

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757

You guys outdid yourselves with Lery's rework.I was quite ''shocked'' at how beautiful and atmospheric everything looked.You guys plan to do all maps in game like that?

• AndraKun
    AndraKun Member Posts: 22

Will there any generator progress nerf or genrush nerf? On high rank players tend to genrush and able to pop 3 gens on early game

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

The backlash from the ruin change was twofold. The first part was normal for any change that occurs prior to actual game play. The 2nd part was what caused the most heated discussions. Many players felt slighted the way the announcement was written. Do you plan to at least try to look neutral in the future?

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Any plan to adjust gen times?

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Is the current plan to rework each map with a rework of its associated killer? For example would Ormond not receive a change until a hypothetical legion change is due?

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited January 2020

The early game impact of Ruin was removed. Were there ideas about how to change it to still be an early game perk that simply didn't work well enough (or were stil lfrustrating) or was it intended to change it to be a mid-game perk? And are there plans to get more early game perks either changed or added in the future?

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

What helps you decide which killer to rework? Are you currently working on the next killer/map now?

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited January 2020

Are there any plans to adjust the delay that the Doctor can attack after shock therapy?

• Rockaway
    Rockaway Member Posts: 2

Next challenges point towards Jane, David, Spirit and Doctor's storylines, why did you chose them? why not ie Doctor and Ming, who's the one that was released with him?

• TheScottishGuy
    TheScottishGuy Member Posts: 2

so the ruin change is controversial but if 80% of people use the perk theirs a good reason for it. I don’t use it but understand why everyone else does. Instead of changing it did you look at why people use it because some killers need ruin especially at red ranks like trapper, hag, Michael. I use corrupt but still struggle and tier 1 myers isn’t going to fun fun anymore. So instead of changing ruin why not change other perks to help with early game instead of leaving just corrupt as the only early game perk. Skillchecks aren’t hard to hit it’s just practice but that’s the case with everything in the game. Not everyone can loop for 3 gens at rank 20 but easily can happen at red ranks

• NOEED
    NOEED Member Posts: 4

What was your inspiration behind The Clown's elephant skin?

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Why do you guys feel like any delay at all between the Doctor releasing his Shock Therapy and the survivor getting shocked is necessary? I enjoy the other elements of his update, but something that always kept me from playing Doctor more is that this part of his kit in particular feels clunky and unresponsive.

This discussion has been closed.