Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is this new exploits?

Options
anormalman
anormalman Member Posts: 105
edited January 2020 in Ask the Community

They are quick to find glitches🤔

Fen min also did this.

Best Answers

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

That statement confuses me, you don't move from the hook as a Killer or a Survivor?

If you mean as a Killer while the other Survivor stands under the hooked Survivor, than they'll eventually just unhook them fully and take a hit off you while the other Survivor gets away. In-general, i'd just mind-game where you'd face next and hit them, if you miss, than you'll still have enough time to hit them on the rebound.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • FireHazard
    Options

That depends if they don't also mind-game you and make you waste a hit on the hooked Survivor, than hit them into the injured state afterwards.

At lower ranks this isn't an issue, but if the Survivor is good at a lot of loops THAN it becomes an issue for higher ranks. Hence why the speculation that the hit-box was rumored to be removed for hooked Survivors, but that's still a rumor.

• FireHazard
    Options

I mean, you could just go side to side till you do a little mind-game and double back on one side for a hit.

I can't remember if they were actually interesting in removing the hooked Survivor hit-boxes or not, if not, it must of been a rumor since the issue hasn't been that bad until now.

Well, "issue", it's not that hard to counter, and if you hit a Survivor and they unhooked them you can still hit them afterwards and than hit them again at a loop... if there even is a loop nearby, they might get disoriented after the hit, which happens.

If they get hit without the boost than that's a easy down tbh.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2020
    Options

No it's more efficient to just wait. You have 2 survivors not doing a damn thing. While there are only 2 gens left, he has NOED and the chances of the other two survivors doing 2 gens AND finishing all the totems is very very slim (though IDK how long the game was up to this point). If he waits, both of these survivors are dead, and he will likely catch another before they get the gates open. This Claud is basically giving him a 3k as long as he is patient.

If he swings there is a good chance he will hit the guy on the hook thus giving a free escape.

Trust me just wait. Eventually the survivor will try to do something when they realize their mistake.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

I mean, he could wait... but I personally wouldn't because I don't like camping.

But i'm not him and I don't know if he does or not, so who knows. If he does than the hooked Survivor will die, but I honestly doubt a Survivor would sit under them for the entire 1st and 2nd hook phase until they die...

If anything, someone with BT could come over and get the unhook (making sure they dont get tunneled) and they could try and bait a hit to ensure a BT unhook AND a chance to loop the Killer for who knows how long.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

It's not camping if there is a survivor right there. You are punishing them for making a ballsy move.

If you wait you force them to wait. They won't. They will realize that you are not taking the bait and try to do something, at which point you can grab them or do whatever needs to be done.

Point is they want you to swing. Doing anything other than just waiting is a mistake on the killer's part, because there is a very low chance you will succeed at what you are trying to do.

• FireHazard
    Options

True, either way I doubt the Survivor would sit there that long...

Unless they're stubborn and want the Survivor to die over some stand-off that's a losing war, either way, the Killer wins in this scenario.

• FireHazard
    Options

Yes it works for Oni, as the Hooked Survivor has a hit-box, and this will initiate the post-hit multi-attack he does after, which is also a instant down if a Survivor is hit during that animation.

Unless the Survivor is smart enough to run right when it's about to launch at the hook, than they'll get downed. If they wait too long or move too early, than The Oni can just move to where they're running to and down them with it there.

If they miss, than they can still easily down them, which just wasted time and got The Oni another hook.