Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer isn’t really frustrating imo

2»

Comments

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I don't know how you do it Groot. Maybe it was just my nerves acting up from having never really played Clown before, but I was going nuts today while trying to get better at Clown for his new elephant costume. I still managed to do consistently well, somehow, but I'm just throwing it up to the matchmaker being a total crapshoot. At red ranks I managed to go against a good amount of red rank survivors and was actually surprised at how well I did, especially on maps like Family Residence and Ormond as Clown, and after getting more used to his bottles and when/where to throw them, I felt a lot better. As for survivor, ezpz, no tension at all. Go in, do some gens, get chased, do some totems, get chased, finish gens, open gates, get out. Quite the destresser.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I just played Clown my last game. Two died and two escaped through the hatch with a key. I’m not gonna moan over the fact that they escaped with a key, it is what it is. I’ll move on and play another game. You win some and you lose some. I hate playing Clown and Legion because they are boring. I play a lot of Pig but she is considered “weak”. She’s just more fun.

I don’t care enough about the 4K to complain about it and whine because I had one bad match.

I don’t play Billy, ever. His power is just more enjoyable. I mainly play Plague and Spirit.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited January 2020

everyone moves on and play another game, this doesn't mean that what you/we faced wasn't a frustrating situation.

It's not a matter of 4k or winning, you can win and 4k and still be frustrated at how the match went. If this doesn't happen to you, well, good for you, but again: play only Legion and Clown for a couple of weeks, then come back :P.

Maybe you are just exceptionally Zen, who knows.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I consistently loop m1 killers for 5 generators, because generators can be done in 3 min. Then we BT and DS killer. Good games..

Yeah, whats the fuss?

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I try not to get angry over small things. If a survivor outplays me and loses me in a chase then nice job on their part.

If something happens like framedrops cucking me over, sounds bugs, and game breaking glitches THEN I’ll get frustrated over the game being fundamentally broken.

I can play Clown and Legion all day long and be bored to death but I already know in the end it really has no effect on my personal life whether I win or lose. It’s only a game. It’s an ego/pride thing that players get upset over when they lose.

The situation I faced might have been hard or frustrating but why get mad over it? The survivors are only doing what they’re meant to do. Survive. It’s like me getting mad at a killer because he killed me first.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I’m also enjoying the game without Ruin.

Dedicated Servers frustrates me more than not having Ruin.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Huntress is still really good on console and you do know that Marth88 uses a controller, right?

• GrootDude

I don’t care about my post count, I’m just stating my opinion.

• GrootDude
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2020

1) This game is not COD. You really REALLY do not need the precision of a mouse to be effective with killers, except Huntress and Nurse. Additionally, WASD has nothing on a stick. I can moonwalk while hugging a loop super tight with a stick, looking in any direction I want. You can't exactly do that with a digital input that only allows 8 directions. As for survivor, there is no difference. You don't need mouse precision at all for anything, and it's easy AF to turn your camera in a chase and keep running in the direction you want.

2) Irrelevant at this point. I have friends that have almost 5k hours. One friend has almost 12k escapes. Another has almost 13k kills. The first year the game was out this would be a valid point, but the game has been out so long that the extra time the game has been out on PC makes no difference.

3) This is a valid point. However, killers that overcome this limitation can be said to be more skilled than their PC counterparts. Also generally speaking the frame rate is not that bad. It's only very specific things like notifications or certain actions or killer abilities. Bloodlust causes frame drops too. But take any player that has been on console, put them on PC with a consistent frame rate I guarantee they will outperform majority of PC killers even with a controller in their hands.

4) You obviously do not play on Xbox. Xbox is FULL of sweaty try hards in every PVP online game. People that don't play on Xbox refuse to accept this but red ranks is like 70% 3-4 man SWF groups. Just scroll through the DBD page on Mixer. Every. Single. Survivor. On. Xbox. Is. SWF. And I know a lot of the best players on the platform, there is literally ONE person that plays solo at red ranks regularly, and he is considered by most of us to be the best survivor on the platform because of it. If you seriously think players on console, specifically Xbox, are casuals you are just being elitist pure and simple. This platform is full of sweat, it's part of the reason people choose Xbox to play online against other players. Your statement may be true for low ranks, who would be casuals on ANY platform, but is definitely 100% false for red/purple ranks.

PS. Note I'm talking specifically Xbox. I've heard PS players aren't very good, IDK how true this is, but I'm only speaking on behalf of Xbox players. Maybe a PS player can come and validate my points for their platform.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242
  • Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

Suicidefox, red ranks is pure SWF on PC as well, the difference is that they are brutal to deal with as a PC player unless you play the broken killers, or use regular-powered killers and use broken add-ons, like hag with mint rag+shackles. I would like to see some high ranked console killers gameplay as I know people that play killer on console and say its not meant to be played that way.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

Hush Hush!

It is not possible to win or even have fun without ruin!

• EZ5k
    EZ5k Member Posts: 233

I too am satisfied when I completely let go of my standards for what should be a fun game and not a *stress inducing* game

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

I truly envy you guys. I play on PS4. Was rank 4 as killer before I uninstalled last week.

I agree that challenging games are fun, but having completely pointless matches against broken SWF, which the game isn't balanced around, is infuriating for me.

I don't mind losing to strong survivors if know I put up a fight but lost cause they played really well and it was a close game.

But going against a massively buffed team that wasn't supposed to be there is a no no for me.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

That's your experience............ It can't change the reality.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

No, it has been proved time and time again that PS players are the strongest overall, while I hear that Xbox players are not that good.

:P

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited January 2020

I tip my hat to you, fellow r/pcmasterrace user. Thank you for your service. Wholesome 100 breathtaking 100

Edit: thanks for the gold, kind stranger