The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I dont understand why some people say they need to increase gen times like why??

2Β»

Comments

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

The game can be over in 3 minutes on the dot if the survivors do the generators.

The amount of time each survivor has on hook is 3 minutes. Meaning that in total the time a killer has to do their objective is.... In 12 minutes.... 4 times more than the time the survivors have to get their objective done.

Now this isn't going to be every game

But at rank 1 - there's a reason good survivors don't rush the unhook.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

It depends on map and skill level. Also what killer you play. If you’re a hag, trapper, basically any m1 killer, you just can’t patrol and cover enough map area to put pressure on the gens with 80 seconds. You toss in a few toolboxes and no ruin and it’s game over.

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442
  • korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

Bring an offering to the game or lery’s. 2 DCs will help you out alot

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

I love the part where you explain how survivors work through ruin, yet are unable to deal with overcharge. What ranks are you playing yellow?

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

Well when percentages come into play, increasing the gen times would only make perks like PGTW, Thana, Surge, become much more useful, since they can chunk out more of a gen at a time. Thana can be really good ngl. A free 16% gen and healing speed reduction on Plague and Legion. Pair it with Sloppy and PGTW and then you get a nasty combo on any other killer than Plague and Legion. (Sloppy on Plague is like distressing on Hag.)

• With gf, it's more about solo queueing, as too often team mates are getting exposed and downed too soon.

Small maps, i don't hate them, they're just too easy to win on. I sometimes even see if I can 5 gen on them (I don't) Once pallets are cleared, survivors are done for. Conversely, as survivor I do like small maps, as they're indoors and have great hiding and looping places, aswell as loop links.

Talking of loop links, it's literally one of the roles of the killer to block off paths to loops. We know that's where the survivors want to go, so bait it and strike.

The overpowered killers, now these bad boys, spirit and Freddy mainly, are a wet dream of killing. Spirit, once in her terror radius, you're #########. Especially if the killer is using a headset! Sure, someone will say "iron will" which is useful, but survivors don't have a whole tonne of choice when it comes to directions for safety. Freddy.....how many abilities do they want 1 killer to have? Then they give him a game slow down perk too! Foolish are the survivors that don't wake themselves up. But the ability to pop up on a gen then slow survivors in a chase is overpowered and completely unnecessary to catch someone that moves slower than you anyway. His stats will be interesting to see

• Yes, that's why feelings aren't import outside ourselves.

• Well, this guy was obvious.

Survivors working through ruin and survivors hitting ruin skill checks isn't the same thing. Have you even played a game before? How's the level 20 bubba's treating you?

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Wanna know why? Because I just got a 4k in a match, where I patrolled as much as you could possibly with Killer. Still got a silver in Gatekeeper, and still only got a single pip in a match I Iridescent in all other categories, and I also got 32k points (maximum).

Yet the game just told me, I did "alright" but not the best.

THE. LITERAL. GAME. THAT. MY. GOAL. IS. TO. KILL. PEOPLE. TOLD. ME. THAT. I. DID JUST. ALRIGHT. WHEN. I. DID. BEYOND. THE. EXPECTATION.

Why does a game treat me like a service worker at Walmart?

• Endstille

Yeah sorry I don't know in which world you think overcharge will do anything against survivors but seems legit. As legit as 4 toolboxes solution is franklin's demise since you are able to hit 4 survivors at once πŸ˜‚

You should use the word ######### more often facepalm

• Does more than ruin! Plus the notification can be handy. I am sorry you tried Franklin's but weren't good enough to keep pressure on the wikkle survivors 😒 I hit a survivor, they're on hook 20 seconds later, I am not the one with trouble v survivor issues, like most killers in here

• Endstille

🀣 you dont understand why it is a wasted perkslot is ok. overcharge maybe works till rank 10 at best. Sorry but you are a joke. Nobody needs franklin's because the person one does chase ends up on the hook and can not use the item anyway, franklin's only helps with septic and nothing else. But yeah you just spill your knowledge, do us all a favor, make a twitch, make a VoD, 50 matches r1 with clown on red forest. Equip your franklins and overcharge. I really wanna see that 🀣

• Compared to ruin, it's definitely not a wasted perk slot πŸ˜‚ yes, when they get unhooked, it's further time wasted as they go find their toolbox... but you know, that doesn't matter right? Time wasted against gen rushers! But hey, point to the forum posts where you see me crying about a scenario you guys seem to say happens all the time.. to you! Why would I make a twitch account? Do any of that? I play for fun, not to show off. Not my fault you suck as a killer and need to get help from content streamers πŸ˜‚ Git Gud! Learn to apply pressure! Stop camping and tunnelling! Try other perks! Learn how ######### ruin was and adapt to become a better killer, learning what most great killers did when we stopped using ruin.

• Endstille

You got it wrong, i am the one doing it with friends to others. There are a handfull of killers capable to play a game flawless, none of them have I seen with franklin's nor overcharge. You know you argue on the level of "just break the pallet". Sorry you are all talk and nothing else it is just facepalm

Maybe if you wanna talk smack get at least some experience in the game and be able to back up what you claim. Good day kiddo.

• FearlessHunter
    FearlessHunter Member Posts: 530

The main problem is when you play killers like hag, tier 1 Myers and huntress who take longer to get to the other side of the map. Also trapper needs time to get his traps and place them. By the time he has picked up two traps, a gen or two would have already been popped.