124»

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@finitethrills said:

Thrill of The Hunt

Devour Hope

Ruin

Do I really need to go on here since survivors will always break dull totems whether NOED exists or not. It's also amazing how when NOED is used killers still complain about gen rushing. I always break totems since the killer might be running Devour Hope which is even worse than NOED because then you not only get downed instantly but can get killed without ever going near the hook.

Throw Devour in with one of the other perks like Warden etc and you can wreck them.

You realize all those perks cause the totem to be lit, right? If you see ruin and go around breaking dull totems to try and get rid of it...

You realize that Devour Hope isn't lit up until it's actually active so when it activates it catches you by surprise. Throw that in with the late game perks and you destroy teams, especially on maps that are better rng wise. Get a good killer and it's even more powerful.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@powerbats said:

@finitethrills said:

Thrill of The Hunt

Devour Hope

Ruin

Do I really need to go on here since survivors will always break dull totems whether NOED exists or not. It's also amazing how when NOED is used killers still complain about gen rushing. I always break totems since the killer might be running Devour Hope which is even worse than NOED because then you not only get downed instantly but can get killed without ever going near the hook.

Throw Devour in with one of the other perks like Warden etc and you can wreck them.

You realize all those perks cause the totem to be lit, right? If you see ruin and go around breaking dull totems to try and get rid of it...

You realize that Devour Hope isn't lit up until it's actually active so when it activates it catches you by surprise. Throw that in with the late game perks and you destroy teams, especially on maps that are better rng wise. Get a good killer and it's even more powerful.

WHAAATTT? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU TYPE?. THATS 101% false. Thats why DH is extremely useless and not completly OP .

• pauloandrade22

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@finitethrills said:

Thrill of The Hunt

Devour Hope

Ruin

WHAAATTT? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU TYPE?. THATS 101% false. Thats why DH is extremely useless and not completly OP .

Devour is lit like Thrill or Lullaby.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@finitethrills said:

Thrill of The Hunt

Devour Hope

Ruin

Devour Hope is lit like every other hex totem. You can usually see them from the distance, since they look like a burning torch.
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@finitethrills said:

Thrill of The Hunt

Devour Hope

Ruin

Devour Hope is lit like every other hex totem. You can usually see them from the distance, since they look like a burning torch.

I've only ever seen it lit once it's active in my games, Ruin and Thrill I know are always lit and NOEd when it goes active. But when I've done all 5 totems myself and none have ever been active I've seen post game the killer had Devour Hope as a perk.

That's why I said what I did because it's never been lit for me.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

@finitethrills said:

Thrill of The Hunt

Devour Hope

Ruin

I've only ever seen it lit once it's active in my games, Ruin and Thrill I know are always lit and NOEd when it goes active. But when I've done all 5 totems myself and none have ever been active I've seen post game the killer had Devour Hope as a perk.

That's why I said what I did because it's never been lit for me.

You just didn't found it before.
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:

No I even stated I've found all 5 before and none was ever lit that's why I figured 1 was a NOED totem but turns out it was a Devour hope, it was their only hex perk. I've had other games like that as well.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2018

@Zanfer said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@campasaurus said:
    i think both ds and noed are vastly overrated and situational at best.  an inability to counter either means thou art bad.

You say this, but then how many survivors escape when they shouldn't have because of DS? How many killers get kills they shouldn't have with NOED? A lot, being able to counter them doesn't mean they still aren't crutches for bad players.

Just like how bitter murmur gives locations of all survivors with no skill besides the survivors finishing the generators.

You could consider Bitter Murmur a crutch, but at the same time it's impact on the game is far less than NOED. It's like Sprint Burst for survivors, very meta but doesn't impact the game nearly as much as DS. There are also several alternative options, like BBQ/Lithe respectively. What makes them not exactly a crutch is that they don't single handedly sway the flow of the game. It can over time, but not one instant, unless it was an extra critical one maybe.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Everything in this game is a crutch.

• pauloandrade22

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

No I even stated I've found all 5 before and none was ever lit that's why I figured 1 was a NOED totem but turns out it was a Devour hope, it was their only hex perk. I've had other games like that as well.

You either hallucinated or you missed the explosion of it. Or the killer could not get at least 3 stacks . But it is still lit.

• powerbats

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

You either hallucinated or you missed the explosion of it. Or the killer could not get at least 3 stacks . But it is still lit.

I also could've seen an unlit totem and not hallucinated at all nor miss counted because I always count how many I do. I also always count how many broken totems I've seen to know how many are left. Also I've never missed the explosion since I know exactly what it looks and sounds like either up close or from a distance.

The killer could've not gotten the 3 stacks yet but when I've killed all 5 and none are lit and the killer still has Devour Hope as a perk that means it's bugged. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it hasn't.

It's no different than the other rare bugs that pop up and people like you say it didn't happen. Then along comes other people and whammo the devs either reproduce it or see video of it. In every game out there bugs like that happen and don't always appear frequently enough.

• pauloandrade22

@powerbats said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

I also could've seen an unlit totem and not hallucinated at all nor miss counted because I always count how many I do. I also always count how many broken totems I've seen to know how many are left. Also I've never missed the explosion since I know exactly what it looks and sounds like either up close or from a distance.

The killer could've not gotten the 3 stacks yet but when I've killed all 5 and none are lit and the killer still has Devour Hope as a perk that means it's bugged. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it hasn't.

It's no different than the other rare bugs that pop up and people like you say it didn't happen. Then along comes other people and whammo the devs either reproduce it or see video of it. In every game out there bugs like that happen and don't always appear frequently enough.

Well every time i versed killers, there was no ruin but a lit totem it was either DH or third seal (since lullaby get a notification like ruin (it should not but oh well)) and i or another would see a lit totem and BOOM.

When i said hallucinate its like when im killer and i think i saw someone but it was just an hallucination so its fine. Sorry if i was rude. Its just that for me that never happened.

• powerbats

@pauloandrade22 said:

Well every time i versed killers, there was no ruin but a lit totem it was either DH or third seal (since lullaby get a notification like ruin (it should not but oh well)) and i or another would see a lit totem and BOOM.

When i said hallucinate its like when im killer and i think i saw someone but it was just an hallucination so its fine. Sorry if i was rude. Its just that for me that never happened.

All good, it's like the map glitches where the walls don't spawn, it's not a constant thing and not everyone gets it.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@thesuicidefox said:

@Zanfer said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@campasaurus said:
    i think both ds and noed are vastly overrated and situational at best.  an inability to counter either means thou art bad.

You say this, but then how many survivors escape when they shouldn't have because of DS? How many killers get kills they shouldn't have with NOED? A lot, being able to counter them doesn't mean they still aren't crutches for bad players.

Just like how bitter murmur gives locations of all survivors with no skill besides the survivors finishing the generators.

You could consider Bitter Murmur a crutch, but at the same time it's impact on the game is far less than NOED. It's like Sprint Burst for survivors, very meta but doesn't impact the game nearly as much as DS. There are also several alternative options, like BBQ/Lithe respectively. What makes them not exactly a crutch is that they don't single handedly sway the flow of the game. It can over time, but not one instant, unless it was an extra critical one maybe.

Yeah I agree though noed is given for not stopping gens which is a reward for people doing gens too quickly and not destroying totems. The reward it gives the killer is too powerful like you say

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    powerbats said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

I am totally willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that it was a bug, this IS dbd, after all.  Even still, everything EXCEPT noed is SUPPOSED to light a totem at match start. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

LET THE SALT BEGIN xD

• powerbats

@finitethrills said:

I am totally willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that it was a bug, this IS dbd, after all.  Even still, everything EXCEPT noed is SUPPOSED to light a totem at match start. 

Thank you, it's rare but it does happen like the screenshot of the missing walls or where the killer would get stuck.