The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it just me or is Hag kind of broken OP?

Might_Oakk
Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

She takes literally 0 skill to play. You don't even have to mind game since she can just put down a trap.

I've just 4kd 8 games in a row at r1 while barely paying attention. Probably the easiest character to play and 2nd strongest.

Kinda silly.

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

After her rework I would say she is very powerful. I play her too and it's kinda silly how easy you can counter loops and "camp" from anywhere on the map without much effort. That said, she needed the buffs because her trap set time was just god awful before. I think the range at which a trap is triggered and the amount it pulls your camera should be reduced some. That would make her a lot more fair.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    I think it's just you.  As surv, you can still wreck an unskilled hag and skilled hags are a solid challenge and win chases more often than not unless you actually lose them instead of looping.  This is about what every killer should be like, IMO.  Bravo finally making a second balanced killer!

Now just 9 more to go and they can nerf the nurse.
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited August 2018

Just don't go down in the basement, or you'll tilt the game WAY in her favor due to Make Your Choice. Other than that, she hasn't... really changed much. The teleport range increase might've been a little too much, but she still has all of her previous weaknesses.

Mint Rag is broken as sin and needs a nerf, but the rest of her is fine.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2018

She's still hard countered by Urban Evasion and Flashlights...

Broken OP hag would be traps triggering while survivors crouch.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

She's still hard countered by Urban Evasion and Flashlights...

Broken OP hag would be traps triggering while survivors crouch.

https://youtu.be/pSkDk6GWF3U
  • campasaurus
    campasaurus Member Posts: 60
    i am pretty sure that nurse is the only killer that requires actual skill.  

merely an "lol" and no counter-argument.  i mean...you do have to press a button to teleport with hag.  there is that.  michael myer's stares and stabs.  i dunno.  am i missing something?  if that is skill in your world, you're desperate for the label.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    I hope they don't nerf her. She's legitimately one of the scariest killers now without feeling totally oppressive.

However, she does make Urban Evasion mandatory, and I think it's fair to take away the jerky camera movement after triggering a trap. Or put the jerky movement on a cd.
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@Visionmaker said:
    I hope they don't nerf her. She's legitimately one of the scariest killers now without feeling totally oppressive.

However, she does make Urban Evasion mandatory, and I think it's fair to take away the jerky camera movement after triggering a trap. Or put the jerky movement on a cd.

Urban is great for her. You dont trigger the trap randomly. You keep it for chases. And the camera swing is like leatherface's 3 chainsaw hits part of the power.

• Visionmaker
    edited August 2018

@Visionmaker said:

Urban is great for her. You dont trigger the trap randomly. You keep it for chases. And the camera swing is like leatherface's 3 chainsaw hits part of the power.

I think it's cheap, unfair, and annoying after the first time. It's useful for the jumpscare atmosphere, but I don't think it's intended to completely disorient a player again and again. It goes against the devs motto of not taking control away from the player.

There's no skill or strategy needed on behalf of the killer with the camera flips. And whether it screws you as a survivor is completely up to luck. This is the only part of her kit that is zero skill and unfair feeling.
  • pauloandrade22

@Visionmaker said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

I think it's cheap, unfair, and annoying after the first time. It's useful for the jumpscare atmosphere, but I don't think it's intended to completely disorient a player again and again. It goes against the devs motto of not taking control away from the player.

There's no skill or strategy needed on behalf of the killer with the camera flips. And whether you are completely screwed by the camera flip is up to chance as the survivor.

Actually the best hag mains and similar activelly use that mechanic by learning the trap placement and all of the survivor's possible routes too. The traps's exact placement is key to it and it takes lots of time to do it perfectly. There are tons of mindgames with it its insane. I have to then disagree with the "no skill or strategy needed on behalf of the killer with the camera flips" sentence. Now hag is 3rd best . Bye bye huntress.

• Visionmaker
    edited August 2018

@Visionmaker said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

There's no skill or strategy needed on behalf of the killer with the camera flips. And whether you are completely screwed by the camera flip is up to chance as the survivor.

Actually the best hag mains and similar activelly use that mechanic by learning the trap placement and all of the survivor's possible routes too. The traps's exact placement is key to it and it takes lots of time to do it perfectly. There are tons of mindgames with it its insane. I have to then disagree with the "no skill or strategy needed on behalf of the killer with the camera flips" sentence. Now hag is 3rd best . Bye bye huntress.

The trap placement is for teleport mindgames, not camera flip mindgames. I highly doubt anyone thinks "oh if I place this trap here, the survivor's camera will turn in this way when theyre walking in this direction and they'll have a 10% chance of getting confused!" more than just threatening a teleport slap to shut down a loop. 

And if somehow you are calculating an entirely luckbased mechanic, congratulations, you must have 900IQ. I have to see the streams of these sick camera flip Hags.
  • pauloandrade22

@Visionmaker said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

The trap placement is for teleport mindgames, not camera flip mindgames. I highly doubt anyone thinks about "oh if I place this trap here, the survivor's camera will turn in this way when theyre walking in this direction and they'll have a 10% chance of getting confused!" more than just threatening a teleport slap to shut down a loop. 

And if somehow you are calculating an entirely luckbased mechanic, congratulations, you must be the best Hag player in the world with 900IQ.

Thats is right tho. i was very impressed with them as well. the most famous one is named michi im pretty sure. Those guys/gals are really impressive and very helpfull ( outside of a dbd game with them as killer of course).

• Visionmaker
    edited August 2018

@Visionmaker said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

The trap placement is for teleport mindgames, not camera flip mindgames. I highly doubt anyone thinks about "oh if I place this trap here, the survivor's camera will turn in this way when theyre walking in this direction and they'll have a 10% chance of getting confused!" more than just threatening a teleport slap to shut down a loop. 

And if somehow you are calculating an entirely luckbased mechanic, congratulations, you must be the best Hag player in the world with 900IQ.

Thats is right tho. i was very impressed with them as well. the most famous one is named michi im pretty sure. Those guys/gals are really impressive and very helpfull ( outside of a dbd game with them as killer of course).

Well colour me surprised. I'll check michi out some time then, since I do like juicy Hag games. Regardless, I still hope the camera flip is nerfed before the rest of her kit, if needed.

Mint rags kinda douchey right now because of MYC too, I guess.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Hag has always been very powerful.
    People just kept repeating she was weak for some reasons, even tho 99% of players didn't play more than 1 or 2 rounds of her since her release.

Should have realized earlier what you asked for I guess, because it seems like it's gonna stay.

• pauloandrade22

@Runiver said:
    Hag has always been very powerful.
    People just kept repeating she was weak for some reasons, even tho 99% of players didn't play more than 1 or 2 rounds of her since her release.

Should have realized earlier what you asked for I guess, because it seems like it's gonna stay.

You only need to change one value to make strong and viable as well. Her trap placement speed.

• NeoVid
    NeoVid Member Posts: 37

The trap placement is for teleport mindgames, not camera flip mindgames. I highly doubt anyone thinks "oh if I place this trap here, the survivor's camera will turn in this way when theyre walking in this direction and they'll have a 10% chance of getting confused!" more than just threatening a teleport slap to shut down a loop. 

The guide that made me decide to try out the Hag specifically pointed out the power of forcibly turning the survivor to face the trap when it's triggered. Intentionally making use of it is something I never would have thought of on my own, since I'm not a great player.

And if somehow you are calculating an entirely luckbased mechanic, congratulations, you must have 900IQ. I have to see the streams of these sick camera flip Hags.

Here's the guide I referred to (the camera technique comes up at 15:50), check out his channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OiP2gVja_s&t=1s

• pauloandrade22

@NeoVid said:

The guide that made me decide to try out the Hag specifically pointed out the power of forcibly turning the survivor to face the trap when it's triggered. Intentionally making use of it is something I never would have thought of on my own, since I'm not a great player.

Here's the guide I referred to (the camera technique comes up at 15:50), check out his channel!

THIS MAN/WOMAN KNOWS!!!

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

@NeoVid said:

This video is exactly what got me into playing the Hag. I don't know how many times I've watched it and picked up something new.

• thesuicidefox

@Visionmaker said:
    There's no skill or strategy needed on behalf of the killer with the camera flips. And whether it screws you as a survivor is completely up to luck. This is the only part of her kit that is zero skill and unfair feeling.

As someone that plays Hag I can agree to this. The camera jerk isn't necessary when she can place traps super fast. Maybe if one of her add-ons had that effect, but now that she's really good I don't think it should be in her base kit.

• pauloandrade22

@thesuicidefox said:

@Visionmaker said:

As someone that plays Hag I can agree to this. The camera jerk isn't necessary when she can place traps super fast. Maybe if one of her add-ons had that effect, but now that she's really good I don't think it should be in her base kit.

I have to hardcore disagree . its a thing that used with knowlegde it is really powerfull. Its super good and makes her the skillfullest killer out there.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Might_Oakk said:
    She takes literally 0 skill to play. You don't even have to mind game since she can just put down a trap.

I've just 4kd 8 games in a row at r1 while barely paying attention. Probably the easiest character to play and 2nd strongest.

Kinda silly.

Highly doubt that, proof or it never happened.

You also have to be aware that most survivor have no clue how to play against hag because she was a dead killer before. Ive noticed that they slowly adapt and if they dont trigegr your traps while unhooking or bring flashlights.... rip

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I'll give a hint to whoever thinks the trap placement for hag players is random :
    SPOILER ALERT : It's not.

The camera flip is on PURPOSE and has very likely been tested in KYF, if you play against a proper Hag. It has NOTHING to do with LUCK.
    Optimal trap placements have been researched and found.

The whole point of playing Hag is to make ennemie to think it's random, so they don't understand you actually planned what was gonna happen, and from that, they don't manage to plan up a strategy/understand yours, and just keep running brainlessly to their death.

The usual way to put traps is either to force the camera away from the loop, to end up in a blocking situation, or in a disturbing enough situation to actually turn most of the trap triggering situations into a HIT.

It doesn't require that much skill, indeed, but it requires KNOWLEDGE, prediction, planning your moves in advance and other similar things most survivors lack :

STRATEGY

The best way to win as Hag, is them not to understand how and why they lost. Because survivors can actually gain control over you playing Hag if they play accordingly. Tho, if they just run around like they do against any other killers, they're bound to be hooked/camped in a basement and to kill themselves and their teammates in the process.

• pauloandrade22

@Runiver said:
    I'll give a hint to whoever thinks the trap placement for hag players is random :
    SPOILER ALERT : It's not.

The camera flip is on PURPOSE and has very likely been tested in KYF, if you play against a proper Hag. It has NOTHING to do with LUCK.

The whole point of playing Hag is to make ennemie to think it's random, so they don't understand you actually planned what was gonna happen, and from that, they don't manage to plan up a strategy/understand yours, and just keep running brainlessly to their death.

The usual way to put traps is either to force the camera away from the loop, to end up in a blocking situation, or in a disturbing enough situation to actually turn most of the trap triggering situations into a HIT.

It doesn't require that much skill, indeed, but it requires KNOWLEDGE, prediction, planning your moves in advance and other similar things most survivors lack :

STRATEGY

The best way to win as Hag, is them not to understand how and why they lost. Because survivors can actually gain control over you playing Hag if they play accordingly. Tho, if they just run around like they do against any other killers, they're bound to be hooked/camped in a basement and to kill themselves and their teammates in the process.

Agree with all BUT it is probably the most skillfull thing you can do in DBD right now anyways.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Might_Oakk said:

Kinda silly.

Mind game? Like pallet looping is a big mind game? Give me a break.

How can you mind game in this game, when the survivors have 3rd person POV, can see above some walls, like haystacks, killers have a ######### flashlights in their eyes, so survivors always know where the killer is looking?

And Hag is okay.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

She is still slow. Not good at pressuring gens as much as billy or nurse.

She hasn't got the ability to down survivors with 1 hit. Although chases are shorter than other killers, nurse is still better. Since billy has 1 shot ability, he has more potential to end chases quicker.

Although her power is strong and useful, it still wastes a lot of time and can be avoided by a perk and an item.

We have to stop complaining about killers who are weaker than nurse and billy. I believe that billy is in a good position right now and all others should be at his level including nurse.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@RSB said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Kinda silly.

Mind game? Like pallet looping is a big mind game? Give me a break.

How can you mind game in this game, when the survivors have 3rd person POV, can see above some walls, like haystacks, killers have a [BAD WORD] flashlights in their eyes, so survivors always know where the killer is looking?

And Hag is okay.

Some survivors still make me smile with their ignorance.
    Its just sad what this game has evolved to

• Eninya

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

I'm, like, 90% certain only Michi swore by this, but he's never recorded any games, quit months before these forums went up, and you really... don't need to try and resort to that. It's unreliable to good survivors that expect it and reorient their movement directions. Sometimes, it never even occurs, particularly if you hit the trap directly in the center of your perspective.

You can easily body block pallets and windows with your traps. I do it all of the time on Red Forest for the cabin.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Eninya said:

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:
    pauloandrade22 said:

@Visionmaker said:

I'm, like, 90% certain only Michi swore by this, but he's never recorded any games, quit months before these forums went up, and you really... don't need to try and resort to that. It's unreliable to good survivors that expect it and reorient their movement directions. Sometimes, it never even occurs, particularly if you hit the trap directly in the center of your perspective.

You can easily body block pallets and windows with your traps. I do it all of the time on Red Forest for the cabin.

I don't think you have any true idea what you're talking about. The camera jerk can ALWAYS work if you don't place it predictably or "body block windows and pallets"

Trust me daddy, I've been playing hag since before Tyde tyme had all you guys calling hag low tier (which no, she never really was)
  • thesuicidefox
    edited August 2018

@pauloandrade22 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

@Visionmaker said:

I have to hardcore disagree . its a thing that used with knowlegde it is really powerfull. Its super good and makes her the skillfullest killer out there.

But it also takes away control of your character, which is something the devs have said they don't want to do. It's janky from a survivors perspective and quite unnecessary when she can play traps as fast as she does. The value you get from the 'mindgames' of it is outweighed by the negative impacts on controls.

@Runiver said:

I'm willing to bet most Hags traps jerk your camera when the Hag didn't intend for that. Yea sure, sometimes they plan it, but not for every trap and that's where the problem is. She gets that mindgame for free in those situations where it wasn't planned.

Again I play Hag and I don't think the camera jerk is needed now that she places traps faster. If it were an ability of an add-on or something that's fine, because that indicates the Hag is indeed planning it for most traps. But I would rather it is taken out of the base kit considering how good she is now.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited August 2018

This is what all the Survivors you face need to do;

Once they do this, you'll change your tone.

• Eninya

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Eninya said:

I don't think you have any true idea what you're talking about. The camera jerk can ALWAYS work if you don't place it predictably or "body block windows and pallets"

Trust me daddy, I've been playing hag since before Tyde tyme had all you guys calling hag low tier (which no, she never really was)

The two strategies are mutually exclusive, and body blocking doesn't risk them getting the window before your hit if you're relying on the camera pull.

WhineTyme is garbage, though.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Eninya said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Eninya said:

The two strategies are mutually exclusive, and body blocking doesn't risk them getting the window before your hit if you're relying on the camera pull.

WhineTyme is garbage, though.

Oh yes, he is..

As far as body blockin windows, I would think it be better to place a trap on the other side of it and have them run into it. Trapping the front of the window is ok if they're already injured, cuz maybe you could catch them attempting to vault. But trapping the other side at a certain distance angle from the vault is better imo because it allows for one of the only true mind games in the game for killers ;wether you will teleport to the now active trap, or wait for them to vault back into you.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Hag is fine.

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187

I've had one single game vs the hag. I was shocked with how fast she rekt all of us, and really confused as just how one is to counter her. From a new players perspective, she definitely FEELS OP, but I also realize it may be that I just don't know how to counterplay her.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Any killer who can nullify loops will inevitably be called OP
  • SIlentCetra

@ClogWench said:

I think that is because looping is literally all a survivor has. I mean, what can a survivor do? Not like we can fight back. Not like we can outrun most killers. Juking through looping is literally a survivor's only avenue of escape. If THAT pisses you off, I don't know what to tell you.

• ClogWench

@ClogWench said:

I think that is because looping is literally all a survivor has. I mean, what can a survivor do? Not like we can fight back. Not like we can outrun most killers. Juking through looping is literally a survivor's only avenue of escape. If THAT pisses you off, I don't know what to tell you.

Work on breaking line of sight and hiding, work on not getting found in the first place. If a teammate gets grabbed run around and pop all her traps. Or take advantage of her slower speed and run somewhere else she hasn't had time to trap. Learn to react to a killers weaknesses.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Hag main here.
    She's a really good killer, but you can't say it takes 0 skill to play. The hag, along with the Trapper, are killers who need to play really smart actually.
    Also mindgames do exist with the hag, like when you pretend to place a trap, or my favourite one, when survivors trigger a trap next to a pallet, they go back and drop it because they expect you to teleport, but you don't :)
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Tell that to all those who claim she's weak.
    I think good Hags might actually be in the same spot as the few SWF groups who specifically play to bully:
    There's so few of them that devs accept them.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Yall bumpin something I posted in August lol

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Her camp game is too strong I know that.

She's the only killer where I havr to force myself to let survivors go. If I get one down in the basement I know how unfun it can be, so I put traps down to scare them off or force them to crouch walk to slow them down but I rarely teleport to them and if I do then I go for the person who did the unhook to give the other a chance to get away.

She can be really unfun to play against if the person camps. Some put 10 traps around a hook and then stay in the area anyway. So you unhook but the person cant run away as they will set off a trap, and if they crouch-walk away they'll get caught since they're moving too slow anyway. A camping hag is one of the most unfun things in the game.
  • Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

@Peanits can you close this thread, as per OP’s response to the recent bumps?
  • SIlentCetra

@Judgement said:
    Might_Oakk said:

Why? Soemone will just make a new thread; at least this way, there's not another thread about the same thing. I never understood this "OHMYGODYOUPOSTEDINANOLDTHREAD" bs. If the topic is relevant to people, then it's relevant, goddamn.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    i am pretty sure that nurse is the only killer that requires actual skill.  
    this is what separates the good killers from the bad killers. believing only nurse is the only killer that needs skill to play
  • ClogWench

@Judgement said:
    Might_Oakk said:

Why? Soemone will just make a new thread; at least this way, there's not another thread about the same thing. I never understood this "OHMYGODYOUPOSTEDINANOLDTHREAD" bs. If the topic is relevant to people, then it's relevant, goddamn.

The guy who posted it likely doesnt care to be flooded with notifications of people commenting on a thread he made half a year ago.