The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Uninstalled till Matchmaking is fixed.

I am done with trying to play killer at rank 13 and getting matched with all purple and red ranks.

Killer queue time is near instant, yet every match is full of this crap.

The cherry on the top is that the Devs don't even care. No, they'll just remove rankings from the end game screen so we can't confirm that they are ignoring a very basic problem with their game.

I hope to play again someday, but not till you sort this fundamental problem out.

Comments

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

Go for it. Most of the purple and red rank players aren't even deserving to be at that rank due to the nature of matchmaking and the way rank reset works though. Rank doesn't mean much. Plenty of purple and red rank potatoes

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
  • Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

I've literally been 2 tapping purple rank survivors, survivor rank means almost nothing right now.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

That's why I think its unfixable the issue has so many factors involved that its not just easily patched.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742

Rank should mean something in any game but in DBD its cosmetic basically. However new survivors will get steam rolled by even decent killers and bad killers will get obliterated by good or great survivors.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324
    edited January 2020

Whether or not there are boosted survivors in red ranks isn't the problem.

The problem is that killer queue times are near instant, yet almost all my matches in the last month have been against survivors with a significantly better rank. The game isn't even TRYING to match me against similarly ranked players. There is literally no wait time to get into a match. BHVR has just given up.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Your're going to wait for a long ######### time then.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Did they admitted having that idea? If so, holy crp that's a dirty move, even for them.

About what you said, I completely agree with you, there are literally rank 15 skill lvl survivors at the red ranks.

It's bonkers atm.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Goodbye forever then. Not trying to be a jerk, but matchmaking has ALWAYS been aids, and likely will never be fixed. At this point I think the system should just get scrapped and toss all the players in a blender to remove the illusion of fair matchmaking.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

See you next week!

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    edited January 2020

no, they never commented (understandably) on the leaked patch notes.

They only stated that ranks are still visible, which doesn't mean either that they changed their mind or that they will remain visible in the future. It's a mystery!

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

Valid reason.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

I'll let you in on a secret. Majority of red rank, purple rank, and green rank are all about the same skill level. Only difference is how many hours they put in between rank resets.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

This is different. I've played this game for about 2 years. You used to wait for matches and your opponents usually had a similar rank if not skill. Now matchmaking is instantaneous. So, like I said, matchmaking isn't even trying.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

I remember seeing someone post a screenshot of one of the mods saying they decided against the idea (from a conversation, not a thread post, so it wasn't "official"), but I myself do not have the screenshot nor do I remember what thread it was posted under (or if that thread still exists), meaning it's just hearsay being relayed by me, a third-party random poster on the forums.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how ranks are so borked that low-skill survivors are making it to red ranks.

And even if ranks were meaningful, matchmaking is still so totally broken right now that many people are finding a rainbow of numbers on their end game screens. Low-rank killers going against high-rank survivors. Even working correctly, the +6/-6 range is too much; a rank 16 survivor shouldn't be put against a rank 20 killer. It really feels like colors should mean something, and having matchmaking being restricted to one color (not including the mess that is SWF) seems reasonable in terms of skill level... queue times are a different story, though.

Identity V has a queue system that tells someone if there are too many players playing one side, giving them the option to switch sides for a faster lobby. Seems like it'd be a great addition to DbD. Knowing which side is faster without having to test the waters by sitting and waiting in the queue would improve player experience.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I'm afraid it's too late for that. Low-skilled survivors are now used to being red ranks. If the devs would want to take that away from them, the outcry would be big.

I also think this is intended. You make players feel good by leading them to believe they are very good at the game, in hopes that these people will play the game even more.

It's like with some brands that put a size M on their clothes instead of a truthful size L, just to make their customers feel better.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

Ugh, you're right. You're totally right.

I hope BHVR is hiring A.I. developers, because mixing players of all skill levels together doesn't work in a 1v4 game. Without proper ranks and matchmaking, one side is either dominating or getting dominated. Neither of those things is fun except maybe for SWF who are chatting about Netflix series while repairing gens.

A.I. killers are the future. Possibly even bot survivors to fill the gaps in SWF groups.

• MrMisanthropy66
    MrMisanthropy66 Member Posts: 167

The only ppl that ever say rank doesn't matter are red rank players. That says it all right there

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    edited January 2020

What if there was a rift-like list of challenges to increase rank each month, instead of pipping? They’re always active, you don’t hafta select each one separately. Small bp rewards could be given for completing them as well.

Save 5 survivors? Increase half a rank. 10 minutes total chase time? Increase a full rank. However the math works out, you would need to complete around 90% of them before reaching red rank.

Rank up, but never rank down, aside from a monthly rank reset all the way to the bottom. This keeps most players around a similar level as they progress (especially at the start of the month). Furthermore, this keeps the red ranks well-stocked with decent enough players so that queue times aren’t ridiculous, since it’ll be a little easier to reach and maintain red.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

Ranks will be gone soon (at least no longer viewable in tally screen).

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234

The funny thing is, or should I say the unfunny thing is, this is happening in my matches as well, but oppositely. I'm a red rank killer, not all the time, but sometimes I'll get matches that consist of two green and two yellow ranks... 😕

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Attention seeker.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

If everyone is red ranks because it's so easy to get there, then yes it doesn't matter. There are a lot of bad players in purple and red ranks