Balance

I have an idea that could probably help with the game's balance issues.

Survivors are able to finish gens quicker because Killers have secondary objectives, so survivors should have a secondary objective for the generators that would even things out. This would entail jumpstarting the generator at the end of the repair sequence by triggering a mini game where you have to match correct fuses. The minigame has 2 wires to match only, giving the survivor a 50/50 shot at fully repairing the generator but also challenging them because it is 50/50. If they mismatch the generator pops but instead of the repair progression meter going down you just have to do the minigame again with it constantly being randomized.

Thoughts? (Healthy debate if you don't agree)

Comments

• Survivors have plenty of second objectives. Maps are the biggest issue with the game.

There is no skill involved if a killer takes so long to get from one gen to the other that they cant stop a certain amount from being repaired, that's bad.

The solution is to get rid of gigantic maps (corn fields), and make loops more reasonable (haddonfield). Smaller maps would promote more survivor- killer interaction, which is more skillful by default. Good survivors would be able to handle the killer more effectively, and good killers wouldn't have to lose 3 gens to apply proper pressure.

Ruin wouldn't be needed at all if every map was like Lery's or Azerov's (arguably)

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

Balance is way more complex than kil ratio or gens done ratio, it has to do with the gamer perception of what a "win" is:

• Piping up regardless of if you died
    • Black Pipping regardless of if you died
    • A 3k+ for killer
    • A pip for killer regardless of kills
    • A hardcore 4k
    • A 4 men escaped game
    • A 2+ escapes game
    • A 3 men escape thanks of you taking the L

It's not about gen's speed, it's about maps, pipping sistem and killers that need a buff or rework.

I play both sides the same amount on red ranks every month, and believe me, gen time getting nerfed would help a lot as a killer to secure a way to easy 3k+, and as survivor it would incentivate me to bring in toolboxes, which I usually never do just to compensate and it wouldn't affect my gameplay.

The real problem about gen speed it's that it's messing with new killers or experienced killers who are trying a new killer, average high ranks don't complain about it.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Yeah Maps need to be rebalanced, and they need to stop being made giant. But that dosen't seem to be a very high priority for the devs.