What is "toxic"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moox
    Moox Member Posts: 40
    Options

I'm fine with anything unless they sandbag someone.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

Most of the people that play this VIDEO GAME as if it were a commission based 40 hour a week job with 401k matching are toxic in my opinion.

"If I see (insert skin, item, team comp here) I'm going to tunnel and camp!"

"If you hit me right when I get off the hook, you're a garbage tier baby killer!"

Pretty much anyone that tries to dictate how people use what the game gives them so THEY can have fun while ignoring anyone else's is a toxic DBD player.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

All reasons I've heard or been yelled at for.

Survivor- flashlight saves, flashlight clicking, tool boxes, genrushing (with or without toolboxes) pointing, teabagging, looping, DS, BT saves, body blocking.

Killer- camping, proxy camping, Mori, tunneling, teabagging, hitting survivors on hook, slugging, noed, gen camping, 3 genning,

Not all of them I consider "toxic" just what I've gathered XD

• thevilnoobschool
    thevilnoobschool Member Posts: 9
    Options

Yea all of this is great but it's part of the game the Devs can't really do much so please stop getting pissed

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

In my opinion toxic is when you intentionally ruin someone's game. For instance, tunneling is really infuriating and I think some killers are just bad and not trying to be toxic but others get outplayed so just tunnel a person to get them out the game early as a statement like 'Oh how dare you outplay me, for that I'm going to make sure you can't escape by tunneling you straight of hook and not going for anyone else.' Or when someone just does something primarily to piss you off like survivors waiting for you in the exit gate only to furiously mash shift (or whatever key they have bound to crouch), flashlight click etc. I wouldn't consider flashlights to be toxic unless your using them to click and be noisy every time you drop a pallet. Blinding in the exit gate when you've already won is debatable as they may just be doing it for bloodpoints

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

Ok actually I've changed my answer, I believe there are 2 seperate things:

Playing scummy to win: Exploiting game tactics/weaknesses (like tunneling) for an easy game putting the opponent at harm. Not necessarily toxic but often can be if a killer only does it because they are mad that a survivor outplayed them.

Toxic: Purposefully putting the opponent in an unpleasant situation, not to help you but to spite them (e.g. Hitting the survivor on hook, facecamping (unless it's a baby killer that doesn't know any better), flashlight clicking, furiously teabagging when you drop a pallet (or those damn pigs and ghostfaces that finally get you down only to teabag on you)

• RipleHHH89
    RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86
    Options

Powering up the exit gates is pretty toxic.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,010
    Options
  • The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I don't think a lot of things are toxic within the game.

Disconnecting is toxic. Sending hate/threats through chat/messages is toxic. Holding the game hostage is toxic. Lag switching is toxic.

Using in game mechanics that are allowed is not toxic. Using strategies allowed by the rules is not toxic. Using perks/addons/offerings is not toxic.

We perceive things as toxic because of our emotions.

• FeBLeSs
    FeBLeSs Member Posts: 15
    Options

That is very wrong idea I'm afraid most na server users have. Most survivor users "force" killers to "have fun" in their way. What if killing all survivors is the way killers have fun? How can you tell him/her with a straight face that s/he ruined your fun? Are you saying killers have to kill their own fun to make survivors have fun?

All I'm saying is everyone has different ways of having fun. If you really hate getting tunneled or camped, I'd recommend using "Object of Obsession" perk and draw the killer's attention and just practice looping. I've done this and it helps. You'll understand the mechanism after some games.

If you felt that was toxic so when you play as a killer, you "loosen" (the term you're looking for is not "fair", it's "loosening difficulty") the game a bit, that's totally fine. Killer can literally do anything. But what I'm saying is don't force other killers to do the same just because you felt it that way. Like I said, it's a tactic.

This game has way more depth in terms of thinking, apparently most na server users don't get (don't worry, I've met really skilled players before, only a handful tho). Most survivors I've seen just waste pallets or looping takes 10 seconds...

Keep practicing.

PS. Often, you will feel the game is boring if you're not good at it.

• FeBLeSs
    Options

I didn't see the posts in the middle. Basically, what these two guys, FaceCamper420 and ReallyBigShoe, said are correct.

If you still don't understand what they are saying or what I'm saying, then competitive PvP games aren't for you. Like I said, try Minecraft with your friends. It's actually peaceful I recommend it.

(So if I spam my mastery 7 emote or ctrl+4 (laughing) on League of Legends, I suppose it's toxic as well? lol no, not even close. Report devs for making those in the game if you want.)

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I think it’s going out of your way to make the game not enjoyable for others. Purposely being “mean”.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Pig.

Also most survivors if you don't get the hell out of that chat asap.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243
    Options

Being Toxic is doing things just to annoy or harass. It has nothing to do with any legitimate tactics such as slugging, camping, looping, etc. Being toxic is hitting survivors with your weapon while they're on the hook, flashlight clicking, teabagging (ghost face too), letting people bleed out on purpose, etc.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I do that on lol and yeah is toxic xd. Also I spam the thumbs up emote just to make them more mad :3

• FeBLeSs
    edited January 2020
    Options

First, you don't know what toxic really means, and second, you still do it when you "think" it's toxic? Hmm.

I think somewhere in the previous comments, ReallyBigShoe mentioned something like this, "just because you're annoyed doesn't mean it's toxic." Also, this is the first thing you learn in any Law courses, "just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right."

So if I solo kill you in the lane, let's just say, 7 times. And pretty much you get destroyed. I don't spam mastery 7 emote or any emotes at all. Just kill you every time you return back to the lane. You call your jungler, and I get double kill. In your definition, I'm being toxic, because your screen is grey most of the times and you're not having fun. So in this case, I have to let you live and farm and get kills. Do you see what's wrong here?

It just sounds like you're not good at that game and complaining why opponents can't do what you want them to do. It's PvP. They have their goals as much as you have yours. Realize that first. Doing what they are supposed to be doing is NOT toxic. I said this before.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

Survivor toxic: flashlights; t-bagging; playing P3 Claudette

Killer toxic: anything mori involved; Rancor; NOED; tunneling; camping; playing Leatherface; sitting in a corner by the hook as Pig or GhostFace.