RiP Doctor, they really did it

Eye66
Eye66 Member Posts: 822

So the Snap out of it nerf that lets them go to tier 1 and avoid all his afflictions while punishing doc for shocking survivors went through in full. He's dead now, maybe the ruin nerf was to distract from how dirty they were punking Doctor

Comments

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

My concern is about the 3 cooldown secs

Did they changed?

• Eye66

It doesn't say any of the cooldown times, assumedly on purpose in the hopes nobody would notice. If they left that in though I doubt they took any feedback into consideration. Which really sucks because as incredible as the new map looks it's impossible to be happy about it since such extreme nerfs to my favorite og killer come with it.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

This change has been on the ptb since it came out.

• Eye66

Everyone except low tier survivors hated the details of mist of the changes and they ignored all the feedback. From the doctor post on the main page it looks like doc is going live exactly as he was day 1 ptb, along with all the problems previously discussed.

• Eye66

There's no reason to think they aren't just lying about adjusting the times in live; I hate this sooo much, even more than Ruin nerf. I was foolish enough to think maybe they'd listen to the doctor players in the ptb, but this just confirms to me they didn't adjusted or fix any of it. I want to enjoy the sweet new map but oof

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

They literally said they're going to reduce/remove the cooldown. The feedback was overwhelming in that field. People said the cooldown was too long and they acknowledged that, and will adjust accordingly

• Eye66

It probably takes longer for static blast to recharge than it did for them to tier up just standing in your field, which isn't necessarily what mainly I used it. Better hope you don't blow it in the wrong corner of the map and have to play without your power while 3 gens pop off

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

What claims exactly have been debunked?

Nevertheless, believe whatever you want to. I am very excited for this patch to play reworked Doctor in the live version, since he seems so much more fun to play as.

• Eye66

What is this "taking the game hostage with his power" business I've never heard of before?

• Eye66

I'd love to be wrong about it and will say so after a couple weeks (in case they nerf him further after release) but have zero confidence

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

With certain perks and add-ons the static filed was huge. If three gens were close together he could stay in treatment and any survivors coming in would go into madness without being able to progress the gens. They would have to run out to snap out of it and by that points the gens could be back to square one.

Some wouldn't chase and just stay there as it meant survivors basically had to give up.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited January 2020

shouldn't matter. Unless they removed the status effect where once you hit Tier 3 you can't interact with anything until you snap out of it.. I mean once they hit T3 they will just be back in T1 plus a 60 sec cooldown on his power

what a joke

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

I guess the only times people will see Doc now is during his archive challenges. RIP.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    edited January 2020

The rework is in sum a definite buff to doctor.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Yeah but like always they didn't give actual numbers. "Adjusted" could mean .5 seconds.

• Eye66

And you get one static blast every what, 50 seconds at best? It's so stupid

• scat
    scat Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2020

He's better now you just like to complain to no end because that's all this community does when updates happen

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • ohmwreckerfan8492
    ohmwreckerfan8492 Member Posts: 11

No to do the same nerf on all the killers yea buddy

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited January 2020

Well with his static blast putting you into the next tier if you are in his terror radius I don't think thats much of a big deal, I'm just glad stance switching is gone but if the delay between shock therapy and being able to hit them is longer than switching stances, he's gonna be trash. Shock therapy wasn't reliable at stopping people from vaulting already lol.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Old news but I remember when almost everyone on Forums were screaming the Sky is Falling when Spirit was announced, yet she turned out to be one of the strongest Killers in the game.

Don't fall for the hype ya'll.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I remember wraith being reworked and everybody saying that he was still worthless

Took over a year before a streamer tried him and realised. You know, He's not that bad after all.

• Strome21
    Strome21 Member Posts: 16

He also said ruin was good still. What was good was surveillance. He ignored the fact it doesn't slow gens, you can't use pop, over charge and you can't get points for kicking gens

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Well lets be honest here in ptb she was pretty trash, after she got multiple buffs post ptb did she become what she was and then nerfed a couple times after as long as survivors don't know when she is phasing in her terror radius and the sounds aren't bugged to #########, she'll be fine.

I know what you mean though, but it's understandable why people react the way they do alot of killer nerfs have been happening, spirit and nurse probably got some questionable nerfs, Oni got his flick taken away until now where they are giving it back and poor pig keeps getting a bat to her knees after EGC came out while Legion is already dead.

• Strome21
    Strome21 Member Posts: 16

I'd agree with the static blast thing if it didn't have a massive cooldown. You can do it 1 time per gen and even then you're taking a gamble with it unless you are in a chase

• OogieBoogie
    OogieBoogie Member Posts: 190

"This will help counter-act the effect of Static Blast immediately putting survivors into the next tier of Madness."

I don't understand this reasoning. Static Blast might put a specific survivor up one tier every 60 seconds while they can go down two tiers in 12 seconds. Personally I hate going against Doc and always wanted the ability to snap out of tier 2 madness, but going straight from 3 to 1 is ridiculous. I'd rather just have the ability to snap out of tier 2 when the Madness meter is under 25%. Survivors would have the option to get rid of an annoying status, but they'd be sacrificing time to do so and could potentially just get tiered right back up. It'd be a choice between time or convenience. Also I don't get why they'd make Snap Out of It progress save. If you get interrupted it's probably because you made a poor decision on where/when to do it. This just encourages poor play (i.e. snapping out as soon as Doc turns his back or even doing it a bit at a time in chase).

That said OP's being dramatic. The Doc changes are overall great.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

I like the changes and I'm a doctor main:D I also tested him out on ptb he's fine:)

Yes it took me a while to figure how to use he's new ability but once I learned how to he was great to play as:)

And I faced a swf on ptb they were all red and I was yellow and guess what I got 3 of em:)