Gen rushing

I've been seeing people say that gen rushing doesn't exist recently and I would like to ask those people why they think that. As someone that played both survivor and killer, I have my own opinion that gen rushing does exist and is a pretty big problem for killers now that ruin has been nerfed. But I'd like to hear from the people that disagree with me. Does gen rushing exist and why?

Comments

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

People need to apply more pressure.

I play Clown and am able to apply extreme pressure without any issue.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Gen rushing is when survivors bring 4 bnps, 4 commodious, both, or sit on generators letting mate advance in hook stages even though killer is patrolling elsewhere. That's all I can think of and not one of them is more prevalent than moris.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

You get one of many giant maps. Survivors spawn far away from one another and each one starts working on a seperate gen.

You apply the pressure to the single survivor and chase him for let's say 40-50 seconds, then pick him up and hook him. 3 gens pop if survivors are not stupid and just hold M1 on their only objective.

When do you apply that pressure?

Are you absolutely sure that it's you that applies pressure and not survivors not work on their objective for no reason whatsoever?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Because its the Survivors Objective. Gens going to fast does not mean that the Survivors are just doing them because it is the most satisfying thing, but when you cannot force them to Altruistic Actions (by hooking or downing people), you will not get them off Gens. The result will be a game where nobody gets many BPs or Pips.

So Gens going too fast means that the Killer does not apply enough pressure to them. This can have several reasons beside the usual "Killer is not good enough/Survivors are better". Maps will be one of the most important reasons.

Once the first Survivor is on the Hook, there is already pressure on the Survivors. This means that not all 4 people are on Gens. And I have never seen it that the 3 others simply let the 4th guy die, just to push all the Gens through (and I am not talking about those Potatoes who simply are not helpful).

• AceInTheKate
    AceInTheKate Member Posts: 100

At red ranks I have no issue looping clowns for 5 gens.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

One doesn't simply loop me. You won't be able to use vaults or pallets. 😋