The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Crashes and servers down

Dex
Dex Member Posts: 2

When I enter a match the game takes me out and when I go in it, it tells me that the servers are down... This has been happening since the event start! I reinstalled the game, I checked the files and nothing. Fix this problem ffs!

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Maybe next week

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59

@Dex said:
    When I enter a match the game takes me out and when I go in it, it tells me that the servers are down... This has been happening since the event start! I reinstalled the game, I checked the files and nothing. Fix this problem ffs!

Yeah, I have same problem. I don't understand why they haven't already solved this. Hours have passed and the issues persists. Good job devs, good job.

• GMan79
    GMan79 Member Posts: 186

they'll be in the office in about 2 hours, hopefully they get this solved pretty soon.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@GMan79 said:
    they'll be in the office in about 2 hours, hopefully they get this solved pretty soon.

^This. It's 7 AM where they live. Their work day must've ended just as the problem started, more or less. Believe it or not, but a problem doesn't fix itself.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

^This. It's 7 AM where they live. Their work day must've ended just as the problem started, more or less. Believe it or not, but a problem doesn't fix itself.

So they launched the patch and went home?
    Cause i had this problem since the patch.

• Orion

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

"More or less". They probably didn't have enough time to figure out what the problem was before their work day was over. At least that's my guess, I can't know for sure.

• Tsulan

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

"More or less". They probably didn't have enough time to figure out what the problem was before their work day was over. At least that's my guess, I can't know for sure.

Don´t they have night shift or extra hours in Canada?
    Just asking.

• GMan79

Could be Server issues are mostly out of their hand, could be a problem with their hoster or even an DDos attack.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Connection error has been persistant for 20 hours now, apparently they go home at 10am according to you?

• Orion

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Just asking.

No idea. I'm not Canadian. Like I said, I'm just speculating. Were I a part of the dev team, though, given the bullshit and vitriol they have to withstand from a thankless community such as this, I wouldn't put in a night shift or extra hours when I could go back home to my BF.

• Orion

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Connection error has been persistant for 20 hours now, apparently they go home at 10am according to you?

I was speculating. Hence "must have" instead of "did". I don't know when the connection error started, but it's not something they immediately catch wind of anyway.

• Tizzle

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Just asking.

No idea. I'm not Canadian. Like I said, I'm just speculating. Were I a part of the dev team, though, given the bullshit and vitriol they have to withstand from a thankless community such as this, I wouldn't put in a night shift or extra hours when I could go back home to my BF.

Yeah cause ya know THEY DONT WANT TO MAKE MONEY OR ANYTHING.

Just stop posting.

• GMan79

someone is working already, there's activity on the SteamDB

• Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Just asking.

Customers are always #########. Doesn't matter where you work. But going home while there are major problems that need an urgent solution? 

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Just asking.

Not to mention, it could be a hardware issue or an issue with their connection and they might be a the mercy of their vendor or service provider. Those can take days or weeks to fix. 
  • Orion

@Tsulan said:
    Customers are always #########. Doesn't matter where you work. But going home while there are major problems that need an urgent solution? 

That's my personal opinion, yes. Stop treating customers as if they're gods and maybe they'll stop being such #########.

• Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

That's my personal opinion, yes. Stop treating customers as if they're gods and maybe they'll stop being such #########.

You made me chuckle.

If it's a problem that has been caused by the customer, you're right. Let them wait.
    But if it's a problem caused by the company, that's a different story.
  • Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

You made me chuckle.

If it's a problem that has been caused by the customer, you're right. Let them wait.
  • Orion

@Tsulan said:
    You made me chuckle.

Honestly, knowing what customers are like, I wouldn't care either way. Very rarely do I meet customers who deserve any amount of respect.

• Tizzle

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

Prepare to be fired with this perspective.

You're welcome.

• Tsulan
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:
    You made me chuckle.

Honestly, knowing what customers are like, I wouldn't care either way. Very rarely do I meet customers who deserve any amount of respect.

Yeah, but those customers then vent on social media and ignoring them can lose the company a lot of money.
  • Orion
    edited August 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Yeah, but those customers then vent on social media and ignoring them can lose the company a lot of money.

Not saying "ignore them". I'm saying instead of putting in extra hours or shifts for the ungrateful SOBs, you put in a normal work day, and if you can't figure out the problem when the day's done, go home and try again tomorrow.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    It will be fixed in the coming weeks. Every single patch breaks something else and people still defend them. 
  • Master

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

@GMan79 said:

Orion is a white knight defending the devs, you better ignore him :wink:

• Master

@Tizzle said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

Prepare to be fired with this perspective.

You're welcome.

You have to be aware that the game is full of kids living in their moms basement.... :wink: