The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Your opinion on the new Ruin?

Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

What do you guys think? Do you like the new Ruin? Have you looked at combos made by people like Monto:

Comments

• Carlosylu

I mean, based on the video it's not that bad, but the fact that it's hex based doesn't apply to me...

• Carlosylu

Yes, I think the same, if it was token based I'd use it

• Carlosylu

I'd think the other way to get actual slowdown at early games, let's say you start with 5 tokens to slowdown and you loose one every time a gen gets done.

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

Its turned the killer game play into kick a generator simulator with minimal chasing. Chasing is the most fun for survivors and killers and bhvr just killed chases.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

It's a hex perk and it's not Ruin, it may as well be something else. The combo is more unreliable than spirit fury enduring cause depending on what killer you are you won't be able to always defend ruin with how totem spawns are. LatE gAmE HEX btw.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

If it stays up it's actually pretty strong i feel

That is a very big if though

I'll probably still use it from time to time because i like the mix and match perks

But i feel PGTW just does it's job better and more concistent

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

Given how Ruin works hasn't it done the exact opposite of that? Generators start regressing soon as a survivor leaves it, no kicking required. It's why Pop Goes the Weasel and Overcharge don't work with it.

• FleshTorpedo

Ruin gets popped if you even run it, it turns into kick a gen simulator.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Badly redesigned perk. The effect is strong if the totem makes it into the End Game. However, there is no way it will make it into the later stages of the game, since it is still a Hex.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

Ziggity Zooty,

New Ruin is booty.

• UniSans
    UniSans Member Posts: 111

Start of the match as Freddy use the class photo addon and see what gens they’re all at with surveillance

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

It's a hex perk that makes itself obvious at the start. Survivors just need to tap a gen to see if ruin is in play. I'd be surprised to see it be active for more than a couple minutes, which may not be enough to get proper value out of the perk.

• FleshTorpedo
  • TheBilldozer
    TheBilldozer Member Posts: 154

I never needed training wheels, so I never used ruin. There are too many good perk combos that give you a better edge.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

So it turns killer gameplay into a kick the gen simulater but only when it's not there?

I'm sorry i don't follow

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063
    edited January 2020

So no different from old Ruin, then? That sentence applies to one as much as the other

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I've only played survivor games so far since the update, but from what I've seen it is powerful *if* it doesn't get found and one survivor is dead.

It's not going to make solo queue any more fun though - think of a situation with two survivors slugged/hooked and the other two on the other side of the map on gens. You think they're going to leave those gens to come help?

• Joshawoo71
    Joshawoo71 Member Posts: 23

Useless

• Carlosylu

Press Enter after the link pefore posting it for the vid to be showed here without people having to clic on it

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Aaand that's the first killer DC. Matched us all with a rank 12 clown with new ruin, four gens done without him getting a hit.

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

I love it on Pig. With people running around with their helmets, gens all go back to zero!

• Rutuh
    Rutuh Member Posts: 11

New Ruin will fit better with the strongest killers. Ruin is going to be supper good on Billy, Spirit and Nurse who can chase survivors from the gems quickly. New ruin will be almost useless on the slower killers.

So whats even the point of brining pop with Ruin now? You can't use pop as long as Ruin is up?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I didn't care about it before, don't care about it now.

I really really really want its convenience of not having to kick Generators, though...

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

It's totally worthless, I bet there are 10 games where monto got totally beclowned and he only showed this one that went ok

• RipleHHH89
    RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86

As a survivor main now since killer is boring these days the new ruin is perfect. Gens are easier than ever, killers are constantly getting destroyed. Still why not make it easier bhvr pls it's still to hard to make the killer DC. Next buff gen speed 30 seconds per gen would be perfect.

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    edited January 2020

i've never felt the concept of it bieng a hex totem and therefore easily removed early game was valid. First off, the survivor's have to actively go out of their way to find the thing to remove it, which only adds extra slow down value.. If they don't have a perk to find the totems, they are literally wandering around the map blindly looking for it. Then, even when they do find a hex totem, half the time it is not actually active. Yes, given the right circumstances and a group of high ranking survivors, the randomly hidden hex totem will be found and destroyed early on.. i really don't think this is an issue for low rank players though..ie mostplayers below rank 5. I think the changes make it less of a priority to get rid of. So, in cases where survivor's would just get rid of the thing ASAP, now you have a perk that will last longer because it's not that much of a threat to go out of their way to stop the generator regression. I'm not sure anyone else has thought about it this way, but that's my opinion anyhow.

So far that's my only opinion on the matter other than that I'm going to give the changes a shot.

• kinderjazen
    kinderjazen Member Posts: 81

Would be strong in a end game scenario but totem perks don’t last very long :(

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81

It's hard to tell. I'm a rank 14 killer. I've played 7 killer matches on PS4 with new Ruin. The average rank of survivors I've encountered in these matches is about 6.5 and only in one match were the survivors on average close to my rank. There were two teams of red ranks with one purple exception.

From what I can tell having listened to commentaries of prominent DbD streamers discussing this issue is that everyone knows the Ruin question has little to do with Ruin and everything to do with a broken matchmaking system, not to mention a laundry list of long overdue fixes that make it impossible to comment without qualifications on whether or not Ruin sucks, matters, or whatever.

Incidentally I don't blame the survivor teams I've played against. Actually I feel bad for them, maybe a little embarrassed, for not giving them any serious competition. They probably got bored looping me into the ground over and over.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182
    edited January 2020

I really don't know what to think about about it. I play killer sometimes but mainly survivor, and as a survivor i say a big thank you devs! Appreciate a lot! I got 20 games today, they almost had all Ruin on (a lot of Corrupt Intervention), and we all escaped in all 20, even with high rank killers. My personal opinion? Devs what you've done! I think that a fair nerf for Ruin would have been just enlarge the Great Skill Check point a little bit more, and leave the rest as it was. Maybe add the automatic regression that i think it's a cool feature. Devs start developing some AI soon! Playing killer was frustrating with Ruin, think about now. Devs don't kill DbD. Please.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I never played with it much before and my main killer is Trapper. As a survivor I can definitely tell you it does not last at all, and because it doesn't last, the gens pop so fast. I haven't bothered to bring items in a trial before other than medkits, so because of this I find it baffling that other survivors are bringing tool boxes. Like really? They need to be reworked IMO. they should not affect gen speed anymore.

• nick_larking
    nick_larking Member Posts: 31

Not good enough to be a hex.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Better to killers with map control, worst to killers without it

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Its trash. Only slightly better than huntress's lullaby which is a completely worthless hex perk. if survivors don't feel the need to search for a hex totem then it shouldn't be a hex.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Happend as Tru3 predicted it: Shortly after the Ruin changes there will be Clickbait-Videos like this. (Tho i'm suprised it isn't called "Better then the old Ruin!"). 1 week later people will realize that Ruin is still a Hex Perk and the combo is useless after Ruin is cleansed early (as it was never intended to be a "Late Game Perk"). Then they will try Corrupt. Till they recognize smart Survivors will just hide for 2 Minutes or till the Killer starts chasing another one. And then... what? You can call it: Slugging, camping and tunneling.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Amazing Perk idea, I love it. But no reason to remove Ruin and no gen adjustment at all. And as a hex totem it sucks, since the totem spawns are 90% really bad and simple.

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

Whoever said the new ruin is useless and now have shorter games are wrong. Haven't you see all the "R1 killer main" suddenly come out of the woodland claiming that they never needed ruin to consistently getting 4k every game?

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

yes I agree, honestly yesterday not mich changed in the gameplay but it was just the first day.

I didnt run it as killer but as a survivor I found it really easy to handle and I didn't even need to bother to find the totem to cleanse it, it is like a non-existing perk.

They really ruined ruin

• Lucama
    Lucama Member Posts: 461

And of course they're all totally long time Killer players who consistently sit at rank 1, no one would ever lie on the internet!

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

It's a joke.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Could very well be the worst perk in the game since it's also still a hex. I hope they do this to the strongest survivor perk also.