The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think I'm done playing dbd.

2»

Comments

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Not sure if it's going to have the same feel of dbd, looks way less fluid from what i saw.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I had one game tonight. Solo as usual. Survivor. Surprisingly no big queue wait.

We lost, fair and square to Spirit. We were levels 7-8 and Spirit was 12.

Got to play the Asylum map which admittedly was pretty good. An improvement.

But did I have fun?

No.

Didn't buy premium and the only thing that matters, The Elephant outfit, is in free.

So that's me done for this evening and the foreseeable future.

Don't want cosmetics and don't need blood points.

And I just watched all the cutscenes on YouTube. Doctors is a highlight.

Later.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

So what if it is the main platform, that doesn’t exclude us from your little charts. If you took the time to add every player that plays dbd throughout all platforms you would see new players and the numbers would be higher

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

It's not one change, it's the accumulation of changes that are biased towards pleasing certain members of the population. They're alienating the people who play killer, and I feel like they're exploiting the fact that most people who play killer are types who like to overcome odds. However, those same types of people, once they decide to quit, they quit for good. You can read about this kind of stuff in personality theory, specifically regarding commitment patterns. They stay because they commit to overcoming the odds, but once that stops seeming feasible, they move on to something that is feasible. Once they commit to something else, they aren't coming back.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

Just had a stroke reading this since my brain cannot register it in time.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

I stopped playing half way through tome I.

I finaly got tired of a game I used to be addicted to. Only recently I started playing again because of tome II but it's not really great.

I might as well just stopp again and draw more.

So, yeah. I can not blame you for quitting

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Im exactly the same i hate how DBD has become so disgusting to play the comunnity doesnt help either and the devs dont listen, goodbye DBD rest in peace

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I don't think dbd will have ever anything have to fear until another game comes out that a) has multiple killers in it (which also grow in time in their numbers) and b) takes the "horror" part a bit more seriously.

And I am not a dbd fanboy. It is just... How long can you play 1 game if never something new comes into it?

I have seen great games and mods dieing, just because of this.

That said, I don't think it would be bad if dbd would have a little competition. Maybe they starting then to wake up and doing the right things.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Capcom, Resident Evil is coming out with their own asymmetrical game. It's going to be a very tough competitor for a team as small as BHVR to face. I'm also not just talking about one triple 'A' game developer, but i'm sure we will see even more not long after.

I even hear that Friday the 13th have been making recent updates to contest Dead by Daylight, but that's just speculation and stuff I hear on the forums.

So it's clear BHVR does have a competition to worry about losing players to.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited January 2020

I have seen a few lets plays about F13. I need to say, the endpart of a match is great, where Jason walks away and hears his mother (?) talking to him, that he has made a great job or something like that (not like in dbd, where the entity enjoys to be displeased if you kill not just everyone).

... But I have also seen lets plays where survivors have punch Jason down with a baseball bat, multiple times. Imo, if the killer is so weak in a game, he can't be terrifying.

What Resident Evil matters, so I know only the first game and the movies.

That could become a competition since they seem to have a high variety of enemie-types.

But nobody can know yet how they will play their cards out.