Body blocking isn't trolling.

Options

I have recieved multiple messages from killers saying that I've been reported all because I'm helping a fellow survivor by body blocking. Why do people think that it's a form of trolling? Usually I find a team mate being tunneled for reasons unknown to me, so I try to help by body blocking. If somebody would please shed some light on why it's trolling, please do so.

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

It's really annoying

And very frustrating

Maybe it's because it's really against the spirt of the game and just using collision mechanics like that feels terrible

Any time I played killer today its just toxic survivors taunting me. Everyone is just frustrated with all the killer nerfs

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Body blocking is a legit strat. For survivors, tanking a hit is super altruistic, helps the team overall, and some perks like WGLF and MoM will reward you for it. Killers do it too- a good Wraith or Legion will block pallets and windows when they're in a chase and revert to their 'normal' forms (opposed to invis or FF). There's even an infamous Hag build all about body blocking.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Oh yeah dont get me wrong taking a hit to help someone who's fresh of the hook is my Go to. it's mostly a legit strategy but if it's over used or more then once or twice a match it kills the killer fun. teamwork is that powerful and the game isnt balanced for it at all.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    edited January 2020
    Options

Both killers and survivors can body block. It doesn't become "trolling" just because those killers don't like this mechanic. So don't worry about those players, they are just salty, people report for everything these days.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Body Blocking is a strat for survivor's that the devs have justified. As a killer main I hate body blocker's because it's frustrating to deal with when all you want are your main source of points