Keys and Mori's.

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

Should the devs remove them both from the game? lets hear what you think people as i am interested :)

Comments

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

Change keys so it only allows the person with the key to escape.

Change moris so it requires two hooks.

Simple and effective fixes.

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339

They have to fix generators repair speed first of this

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583

Very interesting,Mr Mushwin said that about the keys yesterday ^^

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Keep them both how they are. That's how I would feel if I was continuing to be invested in DBD.

But I would actually find it mildly amusing to have them both removed and just sit back and watch the explosion of salt. It would be like a snow storm.

Who knows where this game is heading.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Letting only the person with the key escape just makes it even more likely a random with a key will be totally useless to the team effort. Get rid of them altogether. Or have them be for opening the hatch after its slammed shut.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

Quite honestly make a yellow mori basekit. Make the green one work on death hook and the red one when first hooked or smth, dunnu about mories.

Keys however... I don't think they should open the hatch in the future. Maybe they can make it so the keys actually help opening exit gates faster, like 20% or smth. That way there would actually be a good use for green keys...

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

I think they should stay. Dont take all fun out of the game, let there be some variables..

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

I think both should be reworked.

Example for moris: you can start to mori after every survivor has been hooked at least once. This would prevent one survivor getting tunneled and mori'd in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Example for keys: can only be used when egc started. This way all gens have to be done first (the exit gates had been opened or the killer closed the hatch) and there's no more 3 man escape with 1 gen left.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I really like the idea of keys only granting the escapee an escape, rather than just them. However, with Mori's, making it so they are second hook makes them entirely useless and rather just a different way to kill a survivor than a death hook. I think Mori's should grant on the first hook still, but only usable once gens are completed. Ivory continues to grant the potential 4k mori, but the green only allows 1k.

I mean, at least for keys, you MUST complete a certain amount of gens to get it to spawn, but with Mori's, you can 4k with 5 gens untouched. I say make it so every gen they complete you are allowed to kill 1 survivor, and the chain continues. Making it so you can still 4k with a Mori, but only if 4 gens were completed.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Keys only needs an progress bar that is like totems, so if you stop holding it goes to zero, only lets the key holder escape and if the killer closes it you can't escape

For you to be able to mori you need to hook everybody once

• RipleHHH89
    RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86

Instead of the hatch opening when there's one survivor left maybe a key could spawn in a random chest in the map and when the survivor finds it the killer and survivor could see each others auras for a few seconds so we can get a good end game chase so the survivor has a chance to escape and the killer has a chance to get the last kill.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Remove E'm. Period.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

I'd make a cypress Mori baseline (although that's not essential), make green and red moris only usable if everyone's been hooked once OR if a survivor's been hooked twice and include some downside to using them besides the depipping downside. Perhaps mori-ing with a mori offering slightly increases gen speed for solo survivors working on generators so one mori doesn't result in an almost instant win. Would have to be slight, though.

For keys, they just pretty much need a full rework, but that's never going to happen. A band-aid fix could be opening the hatch is a channeled action of five ish seconds and the hatch instantly closes afterward.

Neither will happen, however.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Wouldnt bother me if keys disappeared from the game but how about they dont spawn in bloodwebs anymore and spawn randomly in chests ingame. Ive hundreds that i dont use, theyre boring.

Mori's i'd say either 2 hooked or everyone hooked before you can use then. They are a nice feature to the game but its to easy with them. They should stay.