Instead of Hexes being on Totems...

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614

...have them be on random Survivors.

Imagine you got a Hex Perk equipped.
At the start of the match the Hex is applied to a random Survivor, making them the thing you need to keep alive instead of keeping your Hex Totem up and standing.

What will this do to the cursed Survivor? Well...nothing. No buffs, no nerfs, nothing.
But no one, not the Survivors nor the Killer, will know who the cursed Survivor is.
This is to not make the Killer single out a Survivor for that reason, nor will that incentivize Survivors to hand over the cursed Survivor.

Once the cursed Survivor is dead, naturally, the Hex Perk will be disabled.

So, what about multiple Hex Perks?
Well, you can equip up to 4 Perks and there's 4 Survivors, so a Survivor cursed by Hex Perk #1 can't be cursed by Hex Perk #2.
(If someone disconnects (which the game CAN recognize, indicated by the different death icon), then the Hex WILL switch to another Survivor.
I did think: "What if someone with a curse disconnects and then the Hex Perk is permanently on instead?" but that's too much, they're supposed to be removable at all times.)

Comments

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Interesting concept but it removes any sort of play to increase or decrease the perks effectiveness since it falls to RNG.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@MegaWaffle said:
    Interesting concept but it removes any sort of play to increase or decrease the perks effectiveness since it falls to RNG.

Right, the devs really want to keep the RNG element to Hexes, so i'd try to make it different but keep the element they want to keep.
    Why suggest something they'd never consider, right?

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. If the perk were associated to a survivor and no one knew who (killer nor survivor) then its 100% RNG with who you kill and the effectiveness of the perk. Killers can't keep the hex alive and survivors can't play around it.

Hex are near useless as they are now and I'd love to see them changed. Your idea is interesting. I was just pointing out a flaw to be re-thought/worked out.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Boss said:

At the start of the match the Hex is applied to a random Survivor, making them the thing you need to keep alive instead of keeping your Hex Totem up and standing.

What will this do to the cursed Survivor? Well...nothing. No buffs, no nerfs, nothing.
    But no one, not the Survivors nor the Killer, will know who the cursed Survivor is.
    This is to not make the Killer single out a Survivor for that reason, nor will that incentivize Survivors to hand over the cursed Survivor.

Well, you can equip up to 4 Perks and there's 4 Survivors, so a Survivor cursed by Hex Perk #1 can't be cursed by Hex Perk #2.
    (If someone disconnects (which the game CAN recognize, indicated by the different death icon), then the Hex WILL switch to another Survivor.
    I did think: "What if someone with a curse disconnects and then the Hex Perk is permanently on instead?" but that's too much, they're supposed to be removable at all times.)

but what if the survivor with the hex is a person with Empathy 3 purple flashlight sprint burst self care and borrowed time you wouldn't want to kill them and if you downed them then it would slowly kill them and it would be noticed if you ignored a survivor long enough

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Boss said:

Obsession perks exist for a reason. Hex is an area spell so that makes sense to be environmentally linked.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Boss said:

Obsession perks exist for a reason. Hex is an area spell so that makes sense to be environmentally linked.
    Also, if the survivor  died then what? That would punish a killer doing his job.