Do we all agree gen times need to be increased?

Matches finish too fast now, SWF kills red rank killers.

Even increasing gen times by 15 seconds each would be decent

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

I think 80 seconds base is fine, what should be done is do decrease the gen speed when 2 or more people are working on the same gen, it takes 44 seconds btw for 2 Survivors to finish a gen. And toolboxes need a rework too.

• Absolutely, at the very least toolboxes need to not provide repair speed increase, but instead just help with skill checks or something far less game breakingly powerful.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2020

You don't really want that as it forces survivor to split up more meaning gens go faster.

Two survivors working on two gens together means a total of 88s.

Them working on two separately is 80s for both to be done.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Wait you agree with me on something again? We're interacting on here too much 😮

• HYthinger
    HYthinger Member Posts: 130

rank 1 killer gameplay is terrible right now. I rly wanna play doc or other non top tier killers. but without ruin you simply cant down survivors fast evenough to not lose the early game. Early game is so important and they took out ruin which means you lose 3 gens after u get one down. and everyone that says "pressure gens". ok sure and how should i do that if im not either a killer that can down someone really fast or gets a speed tool. Like Spirit got nerfed (a bit deserved. beeds were bs) but nurse base kit got also nerfed which makes her useless without charge addons. Than freddy got a stealth nerf / bug this patch which makes him garabge.

So what do we have left to stop gens early game. corrupted and thats it. thats all we got. dying light is to weak early game were u need it and pop is only good on top tier high mobility killers.

basicaly u can play freddy, nures, wraith (with trues build) but even this gen be gen rushed if u even make a tiny mistake.

I think im gonna stop playing killer till something is done about gen speed. Till than i play with some friends and bully the killers that now dont even stand a chance to win lol. Not like they did with old ruin lmao

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Prove thyself is fine imo. Saves like 8 seconds per gen to maybe 12 seconds per gen?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

No increasing Gen times is not the answer. Reducing the size of maps which seems to be the direction they are going in.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

No. They need to nerf toolbox speed and co op repair speed.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Toolboxes and Maps changed :)

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

We all should agree that the maps need to be reworked. No one wants to sit on a generator for longer than 20-80 seconds holding m1.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

thats true.

however, ever since the ruin nerf i have noticed that gens are done a lot quicker than before (even though i wasnt using ruin prior to the nerf eigther).

like, by the time i get one of them killed rn they got 4 gens done. thats insane!

tbf, i am playing nice, so i wont tunnel / camp. when i kill one - that means there are multiple players on deathhook at that stage.

still, i usually snowbally very quickly and efficiently, so even though ive spend all my time with downing and hooking survivors, they still got 4 gens done inbetween rescuing and healing them.

a single bad chase can easily cost me the entire game.

i just recently had a twitcher in my lobby, so i was able to view the game from their perspective aswell - they only had ONE guy working on gens. 2 were constantly switching their positions as hooked and unhooker and the 4th died very fast (he did like half a gen). they still got 4 gens done by the time i murdered them all. and they played very inefficient (camping pallets, not repairing gens, deadzoning themselves - i believe one was rank 19, one rank 8, one rank 4 and the gen guy rank 3?). just... they got sooo much further than they should have.

i guess before players were always assuming ruin was active, therefore they were on a Hex Totem hunt at the start of each trial, even if that was just for short periodes of time it still bought me some time. now that they know for sure ruin wont be there, thy spawn and all hug a gen. i can usually get my first hook after they did their first gen, which would mean they just got 20% of their objective versus my 8,3%.

i am seriously worried rn, gens are done so fast its ridiculously hard to keep up with that.

i can already see player after player dropping out of red ranks because they cant handle it.

@Peanits you guys took out ruin because it was no fun to play against. please look at gen times now, because, in their current state, its really no fun to play when gens are done in such short periodes of time!

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

No. Toolboxes shouldn’t increase speed though, I can agree on that. Make the skill checks larger, or even a little slower...but they’d obviously need an additional use than just being a noob item. Totems would be one thing where a speed increase would be perfectly fine. Maybe the gates too? I don’t know. I know Wake Up does that, but you gotta give the toolbox additional purposes if they don’t speed up gens. It can’t be only skill checks otherwise it’s completely useless outside of new players.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479

Doing gens is boring, there needs to be different objective to do other than gens.

• AppeaseTheEntity
    AppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 61

No, alot of people with this mentality dont understand the unintended and adversary effects this would have on the game. Im certain that majority of us can agree that its an issue but there are plenty of better viable solutions that would be more effective such as reworking totem significance and promoting sabotoge in my personal opinion. But as you stated in your few detailed thread, SWF is the issue.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

No, I don't agree. Trapper is not known for great map pressure, but fair just fine vs 4 toolboxes. I will often 2k vs 4 man SWF with boxes, but there is little room for error.

The biggest problem many killers have is they blame the game instead of addressing what they did wrong in the match. I screwed up last night in a match because I followed a survivor for way too long and lost 3 gens. I had several opportunities to drop off and hit the gen I heard being worked on, but did not. I let this survivor's skill and mind games get in my head and it cost me. Luckily, I switched up and still go a 3k out of it, but I knew it was my own fault. Initially, I was frustrated with hit boxes on pallets, but quickly remembered my own stupidity.

On the flip side, I ran around with a killer for 4 gens and watched him cry about gen times. Yet, he followed me for more than 5 minutes making tons of mistakes. I purposely kept him away from gens as much as I could and he zeroed in. That was not a gen time issue, it was bad choices and he paid for it.

Before you blame gen timers, think about your choices and how many mistakes you made in the match. Then look at the several shortfalls of the game.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

The people who care about the health of the game know, the jerks who want easy survivor games (70+% of the base apparently) don't WANT to know or revel in how unfair it is

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

No, survivors need more mandatory objectives to win, not boring longer gens.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

No, how about a secondary objective?

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

how about better maps

huntress on rotten fields or Temple? good luck keeping gens from popping immediately

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

I'd rather see toolboxes nerfed first if gens are deemed to be too fast.

Do consider that hook timers would basically need increased just as much as gen times or else camping will be easy wins. And then with it increased for balance, now enjoy being face camped even longer fighting the urge to just KOBE cause you didn't load into a match to not actually play it. Gen times are not as simple as just gen times.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Gen times do not need to be increased; toolboxes need to be nerfed.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

Weaker/newer survivors definitely got an indirect buff with the Ruin change. I play with my 2 buddies most days and they had a hard time working through Ruin. So they could almost never finish a gen. They also had a hard time finding Ruin because they are newer players and didn't know totem spawns. They also couldn't really stack up on gens because of Ruin. Now that it is gone we are blowing gens out of the water. Out of 10 games last night all 4 escaped with maybe 1-2 killer hooks every time. In Red Ranks. Prior it was usually 1-2 escaping with at least 5 killer hooks per 10 games. This buffed weaker teams/players to do gens at high level speed.

• Snitz
    Snitz Member Posts: 97

Toolboxes shouldn't just speed up gens for free, like there's no reason why an item can just make a generator go from 80 seconds to 40 seconds.

Reworking toolboxes would be a step in the right direction, but then there still is the early game where the killer has no pressure and survivors are free to work on gens, even worse when 2 survivors spawn on top of a generator at the other corner of the map.

Then after that, I think there are too many many pallets on some maps, specially Ormond where you can play super safe and drop pallets carelessly, the killer can break every pallet you throw down and you'll still make it to the next one, this costs the killer pressure and in turn, generators.

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

I prefer a sec objective

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Perhaps a modest increase would be acceptable.

Mostly, I want the devs to shrink big maps and remove a number of safe pallets from each map.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Not at all, but it's going to be interesting to see when and IF the devs change things to make the matches more than just 3 minute gen repairs.

To see what they change to give killers more influence on the time a match takes.

We'll see what happens.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

It’s not gen speeds

80 seconds is enough

its maps design

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Preferably not.

• evilnuts
    evilnuts Member Posts: 12

Im with you! Im all about it. Survivors that are good we know who they are....they dont give a fx** about old ruin. They well pop them like no tommrow. So now danmmmmm never have been stress to keep up. 1 chance i had 3 pop...#########!! Thats crazy!! I play survivor too. Only time i have a really bad game is wen my team sucks n i get one hook. They really ######### killers. Cant use pop n ruin at the sametime anymore. So what do they think pressure is?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I think large maps need reworked and toolboxes need looked at. IF that doesn't fix the problem then they can tweak gen times.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Gen times arent an issue. Theres nö logic in making gen times an issue just because you arent able to pressure survivors.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited January 2020

Huge and unbalanced maps are the problem honestly. If you were to make every map like and near the size of Coal Tower, while changing toolboxes, I firmly believe gen speed wouldn't be a complaint.

Increasing gen speeds would just mean that more tweaking around the game would be needed, and I'd rather have something that fixes a slew of issues but doesn't introduce any new problems.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited January 2020

No shrink the maps instead. That way the killer is actually interacting with the survivors more and killers with mobility don't get indirectly buffed because gen time gives zero leeway.

Also nerf toolboxes.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

No, I do not agree that gen times need to be increased.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Make noed basekit then add a totem counter

i REALLY don’t want to hold M1 for longer.

• Protokon
    Protokon Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2020

There are two problems with increasing gen times:

A) completing generators as a game-loop objective for survivors is already boring. Extending it literally makes the game more unfun.

B) While it may theoretically make weaker killers better against 4 players, you screw over smaller groups of 3 or less survivors, and also buff all killers on the smaller maps to an unfair advantage.

Basically all that will be accomplished, is you balance certain situations and make the game unfair for other situations. Which you could also argue is the current problem.

How can we fix this? Abandon the concept of balancing generators and work on balancing maps, or add objectives to endgame. The objectives should scale with remaining survivors, so that its easier with less survivors.

I dont have any ideas of what to change...but the endgame concept was a solid foundation to start with.

I like the idea of a key spawning thats needed to open the gates or something.

• starmandell
    starmandell Member Posts: 3

Man ranks don't even matter.

I see red ranks being matched with gold frequently

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

I was initially going to say yes, but maybe removing all of the things that buff repair speed, smaller map sizes (with no god loops), and/or secondary objectives would be good. People are right. Sitting there holding m1 for long periods of time is not fun.

• Mr_X
    Mr_X Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2020

I think they should add a perk that requires all totems to be cleansed before the exit gates are able to be powered. You don't know about it until all the gens are done. Even if someone doesn't run it, it'll cause more survivors to seek out totems because the killer might have it. Therefore all games would be increased without me having to hold a button longer fixing gens... Maybe even dial back gens to 60 seconds, it would be the same amount of time overall, but would take longer in game to find totems. By far the easiest method from a programming standpoint. Or they could add some sort of new objective.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Who the hell complains about Prove Thy Self?

No, a second objective would be better. I suggested each survivor needed to find a tool belt to repair a gen. Or suffer a 25% debuff without it.