[Suggestion] Give Totems (Dull & Hex) an effect to reduce genrushing

SaiSky
SaiSky Member Posts: 20
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Genrushing is a big topic at the moment and I really have to say that its kinda unfun to play as a killer and also as a survivor.. (who wants to play a boring game that could be over after 5 minutes?)

I also dont mind that killers running NOED, starting to tunnel or camp to get a kill after the ruin rework - its way too stressful for them.

So I had a little idea to reduce genrushing and to make our totems (especially dull totems) more useful: Each totem has a penalty effect.

For every remaining totem on the map, each survivor gets cursed and have an action speed penalty for repairing, healing, sabotage etc.

Lets say every dull totem on the map gives a survivor an action speed penalty of 2%.

And for every hex totem an action speed penalty of 4%.

1 Dull Totem: 2% action speed penalty / 1 Hex Totem: 4% action speed penalty

2 Dull Totems: 4% action speed penalty / 2 Hex Totems: 8% action speed penalty

3 Dull Totems: 6% action speed penalty / 3 Hex Totems: 12% action speed penalty

4 Dull Totems: 8% action speed penalty / 4 Hex Totems: 16% action speed penalty

5 Dull Totems: 10% action speed penalty / 5 Hex Totems: 20% action speed penalty

The amount of action speed penalty depends on the killer. For every hex perk the killer has, the percentage is increased by 2%. This means the standard action speed penalty would be 10% = 5 x 2% and max 20% if the killer runs only hex totem perks. Genrushing could be slowed down a bit (especially at the beginning of a round) to give a killer more time to scout.

And for every totem that got cleansed, the action speed penalty of every survivor is removed by 2% (dull totem) or 4% (hex totem) until 0.

All in one: I want to give survivors a second objective that they can do without forcing them to do it and give killers more time to check generators and hunt survivors.

What do you guys think?

Post edited by SaiSky on

Comments