The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are Maps Useless now?

Like I'm serious other than destorying Ruin or trying to complete a break totems challenge what on earth are we going to use these for now since hex ruin is pretty much castrated? Finding the exit gates? Viewing Generators? Like hell.

Comments

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

People used maps to find totems?

Maps have always been the most useless item in the game to me

The only times I used a map were:

-When I had a challenge to do so

-If I found it in a chest and wanted the points for map searching

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

Maps are for preventing NOED by hunting down the totems as well as to track the hatch with the right addon. Also fantastic for avoiding trapper bear traps

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

As someone who regularly does all the totems or dies to NOED on my first hook because I only managed to do four, please, use a map and do just one totem.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

When I play survivor and a hex has been in several of my matches in a row, such as noed or ruin or devour hope, I'll take a map and that rope that lets you find killer belongings. Especially if the totem is the reason no one is making it out in my games.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I like using maps with Inner Strength

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I find more pink maps than anything else in boxes in game. I like them

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Maps are best in SWF combined with a key. One guy can track the hatch and the other one can open it.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Maps are kinda fun/nice when you can let the other Survivors see the stuff too :P.

As for Totems, Small Game & Detective's Hunch are really great ...I intend to eventually level my other Survivors up (Nea, Ash, Dwight, Jane & Claudette so far leveled) and get Detective's Hunch +Inner Strength