Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Absence of Freddy on switch version?

Options

I recently picked up DBD for Nintendo switch at my local gamestop and after playing for a couple days now I’ve noticed The A Nightmare on Elm Street chapter is absent from the game compared to the other versions. Why isn’t he in the game and will he ever come to the game?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2020
    Options

@UniqueDough

Licensing issues for the most part, the same thing happened to LeatherFace when The Switch version came out, but after some time he was added in eventually.

It's speculated that Freddy will be added in as well when things get sorted out, but licensing issues is the biggest theory behind this. Usually when a Killer or Survivor isn't in a specific version the first thing to come to mind is the license not allowing it.

This was the case for Bill on the console version for awhile, but after a long time he was added into the console version 2 years later.