The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rework ideas (hooks and gens)

Blitzy32
Blitzy32 Member Posts: 6
edited January 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Ive played this game long enough. That i think i can give a decent idea off i also want to apologize if i seem to act rude! Thats not intended to be taken as rudness i just wamt to plant all info and stuff un the open and make a segestion and be discriptive. So to keep it as simple as i can, i will focus on the main gameplay of this. Killers dont have enough time PERIOD. And survivors die way to easily. I genuinly think if we want to avoid jumping back to the lobby and wait another 60 years befor a game shows up we NEED to make both tale longer. It CANT be done without the other. So ill start with my segestions of survivors first since its honestly probobly more intresting than gens.

Remove these!

- 3 hooks and you die on the 3rd.

- struggling on the hook.

NEW IDEAS

Ok instead of those old methods picture this. You get caught and then hooked. Pretty normal but now when your "health bar" (the bar that pops up under your name when you get hooked showing how much time you have to get saved.) Will drain to 50% as usual and and the entity shows up. NOW you will get skillchecks! If you miss the check the entity will graze or poke your character and reduce their health bar a little bit. (How much? I dont know what seems fair.) If you land the skillcheck you wont lose that "little bit" and perhaps a new animation where a survivor parrys the claw away from stabbing them. (i also dont know how frequent or if there should be a "stop the health from draining" if you hit a "great.")

We alcan still keep the "kobe off the hook" thing but NOW itll be like a 2% chance as example that one of your skillchecks when struggling will show an insanly hard check. If you hit it i can imagin the survivor grabs the entity and it accidentaly pulls the survivor off the hook.

Now how bout camping and tunneling? Ya it sucks but since killers are pressured so badly and by the time you as a killer hook some one 2 or 3 gens probobly can get done if your not part of the meta killers like nurse, billy.

So lets say killers camp you. Well obviously a smart survivor will gen rush him a.s.a.p. but if we want to punish killers for camping. Theres usualy one issue with that.

1 - they dont care about blood points

2 - they dont care about rank!

I recamend removing that "camping penalty" in the emblems since its literaly worthless. And i would know. I persenaly domt care for emblems, rank or blood since im in it for the killing! And if lets say 3 gens get Done by the time i can only get 2 hooks i obviously have no choice but to move onto defence and take what i can get.

INSTEAD lets slow down the sacrifice time by maybe 50% if the killer is within a specific distance of the hook. And to give some slack to killers if a survivor is within the same distance radius maybe the 50% can be lowered pr removed since survivors are also camping. It can give a slap on the wrist for when two or 3 survivord are just waiting in plane sight expecting a killer to chase them when they arnt doing gens.This gives survivors more time to gen rush OR plan a potential escape plan for the victim being camped. NOW lets say you get farmed off your hook. And tunneled if you get tunneled i recamend a small bit of "health" restored when rehooked within a specific ammount of time. We can remove that if barrowed time as example is involved since by that point you tecknicaly hit a fully healed survivor. To counter any curiosity "what if you go past 50% and you get that bit of healthback pushng you above 50%?" I say the entity will wait till 50% is gone again. And then it attacks again!

GENERATOR REWORK

Now as a killer i understand the devs want you ti have that stressful feeling of "dah! I need to kill these creeps befor they get out!" But its obvious that 80 seconds working on a generator is not easy especialy without the old ruin (im speaking for majority but my persenal opinion was ruin was never good to begin with since totems dont and arnt made to last to end game without getting lucky. Oh and i should add im refuring to the "less mobile killers" that cant be everywhere in 3 seconds.) Any ways you chase one survivors but you have 3 others doing gens and those gens have 80 seconds and you need to down this survivor within that time otherwise 3 gens get Done and even if you hook they could ignore the hook can just rush gens and then save. Ill include the survivor using palletd to delay your time too and perks since we all know no one besides forgetfulness, mistakes are the only reason why killers dont use perks. (Or for challenge) and lets not forget addons and tools are common too! This lowers the time drasticly and this will be why weaker killers struggle to do their job and kill.

My recamendations now that all thats in the open.

- increase the time it takes to do gens. (Then survivors have more insentive to bring their tools and adons more since it will take longer maybe even different perks to assist gens or such.)

- boost the number of gens needing to be done based on the size of the map! (Big maps are not good for killers with weak legs) ive heard about maps and how long it takes a killer to get to the other side and that empowers survivors. It gives them saftey and time alone to do the ojbective! (Ill remind you that survivors have pallets everywhere, perks, tools and addons like the killer. But the killer is only one person! So by the time some ones down on a big map. BOOM 3 gens can be done without the killer swapping targets. But ill also add if you change targets survivord who are left alone immediatly know they need to jump on the nearest gen or take over for the new target!) This is also why im going to say the new ruin is mostly pointless because even if ypu swap your literally a ping pong ball being slapped between two paddels that are survivors! In the end ruin becomes usless even at end game since if they can push past it. It means nothing to experienced survivors especialy!

- what if we had to pull a big wire plug from the generator or the door and plug it into one or the other? To choose one as example you can take a plug from the wall and yank it to the working generatos plug it un and that will add more survivors can do! (Might even open up possible perk reworks or new perks! Like "wake up" maybe you can pull these wires faster than others and insert quicker!)

- update the pink gear to maybe be an offeriing? Maybe you can fiind a toolbox or see the aura of a toolbox specificly for you to gather and use on the gens so its not so instant! Maybe placemts can be near killer to add risk!

Besides that i think thats about everything i can dream up for segestions. Sorry if some ine else got these ideas befor me and said somthing but its my first time being in this discussion spot and i havent read any one elses ideas yet. I hope these ideas throw the info out in the open and get implimented but genuinly if this game wants to be made more fun we NEED to remove aspects that make the people really hate it and replace it with new methods! I just now had another idea but i lost it...if i remember ill edit later. What do you think? And ill remiind you that BOTH should be added. So imagine the game if THESE were together!

(New idea - what if we added more totems to the map? We could also use more perks that are dangerous to suvivors when broken if we want to make other totems seem risky to guess on) this wasint the idea but still another segestion.

Edit - i finally remembered! We should split the skillcheck parts up to makr it more difficult and choice based. Lets say one side of the check the great is alone on its own tiny Island and the great is on its own area. It might make it harder since you run more of a risk missing the great alone rather than hitting it slightly to soon and still be on good.

Post edited by Blitzy32 on