server demo download

Today I had a great match, but I didn't record it and some bad matches: So I think, don't you think it would be good to download the demo of the match from the server? I know that some of you will say: "the servers are bad and you want to overload them with this feature" I know that recording the demo will take some resources from the server (that will be translated as a slightly higher ping, but probably I'm talking nonsense stuff). Idk, the idea of download the demo and watch it from any point of sight (survivors/killer) and see the pros and cons just to learn and improve the gameplay, that would be great.

Sorry for my english btw

Comments

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    edited January 2020

It could probably even be recorded locally. But that would make cheating too easy. But yeah if it records inputs rather than actual video, it might make it smaller for the server, and the game wouldn't need to stay on there forever, only for a few minutes, you save it to your computer before it disappears entirely. I know there are times I would like to replay a segment to see where the hell those survivors were hiding, or where they ran off to when I lost them mid-chase.