Make BBQ and chili a HEX

13»

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

You want it to be a hex ? Fine Then

as long as its active you get a bonus to bloodpoints for each hooked survivor.

The aura reading will be removed because players found it lacked skill and prevented players from hiding.

Instead survivors only get one hook to be sacrificed fully.

To ensure players dont camp of course ; )

• ynos556
    ynos556 Member Posts: 7

im looking at all considers why doesn't the developer consider making a perk(other than spaying on other people) a different perk for bp. hell the perk where u miss an attack so you can attack 30% faster why not add bp to that instead of chili. i agree with making bbq and chili with bp should be a stand alone thing in terms being on another perk OR removing it in gerneral. If bbq is only being used for BP then it needs to be removed. If ppl really want blood point why do events for them. We got rifts going on why not remove the BP on BBQ now since we get bonus BP for doing rift achievements.

• emptyCups
    edited January 2020

Thank you ! I'll be donating my extra bloodpoint winnings to charity of your choice maybe red cross : )

• ynos556

just got out of a game bbq and chili, people again not hiding in lockers. losing interest in this game of BBQ and Chili

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited January 2020

There are already a lot of counters:

Lockers

Gen Auras

Distortion

Sole Survivor

Them moving one way then heading another (misdirection)

Being close to the killer...

Limited uses (12 in total, but only 11 useful ones)

There is no reason to limit an already limited perk.

• ynos556

ok well why can you not let BP LEAVE bbq and chili. at least then it would open up the window some of these dusty perks. i agree with loclers gen auras i agree with all that but if the only PURPOSE is BP why not place it on another perk. If BP on BBQ is removed and BBQ is kept the same with no hex whats left to complain about?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited January 2020

They put the BP bonus on BBQ because 1. they want players to buy Leatherface, and he's not a strong killer; many new players buy him for that perk alone, and 2. they want to encourage killers to use BBQ. They want to get killers away from the hook so that other survivors can go in and make the save. It's to incentivize killers to not camp. It's an anti-camping/anti-tunneling perk, but instead of survivors needing to equip it, the killer equips it. Shouldn't survivors be happy a perk like that exists? However, because so many survivors complained, there are also now like 7 easy counters to it, which means it's no longer as anti-camping as it used to be.

• ynos556

ok well why not equip BP to unrelenting and remove it from bbq? instead it being on sacrice category its on hunter category. if people REALLY only use it for BP then get hits off of it. to the new killers clearly its a hook, whereas to the experienced killers they would leave on ground becuz u kno, prett sure they want they BP. So why cant shifting the BP aspect of BBQ to unrelenting not be acceptable or even freddys remember me? why cant that part be shifted?

• TragicSolitude

... because those perks aren't on Leatherface, so it won't help sales of the Leatherface DLC. Also, because the devs want killers to use BBQ because they want killers to see auras of survivors far away from the hook so that the killer will leave the hook. They are trying to reward killers for not camping. Those other perks you mentioned don't discourage camping the hook.

• emptyCups
  • ynos556

so it sounds to me that becuz they made a ######### killer who apparently needs a complete rework to his kit, the developers make the game ######### to other people who attempt to play it. well thank you for clarifying as to why I wasted my time and money on this game. Due to developers and there lack of balancing.

• TragicSolitude

... you are focusing on one very specific part of what I said. I said that's one reason. The more important reason is because it gets killers to not camp the hook.

Camping and tunneling are two of the biggest survivor complaints about this game. I find it extremely unfun when a killer camps the hook. I would much rather they not tunnel and camp; the game is more fun for survivors that way. Tunneling and camping is the easiest way to play killer, though, so if you don't want killers to do it, you need to give them a good reason not to. Auras and bonus BP are good reasons.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

Finding new targets to go after definitely is a good reason for me to leave the hook instead of looking around to see if anyone's nearby. But hey, if they rather get camped.. I mean, I have nothing against it, but they better not complain about it afterwards, it's what they wanted!

• emptyCups

If the new change made some sort of collectable object at the other end of the map that buffed my main attack or exposed all survivors till the next hook or something that really really made me want to leave the hook instead of auras

I think other killers would use it depending on build.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx
    xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

Imagine being this dumb and still dumb probably because you never touched a red rank killer game

• TragicSolitude

I've been running a BP build for a long time, now: Beast of Prey, Distressing, BBQ, and Whispers. Beast of Prey until recently was damn near useless, and Distressing is still a hindrance on most killers. I would run whatever perk gave me a multiplier for hooking survivors, whether or not its other effect was useful. I wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd do it, because BP.

I still wish they'd added a 50% boost to Brutality on Beast of Prey instead of giving it the Undetectable effect, but whatever. I feel bad dragging out some matches 20 minutes just to max out Brutality when I'm not killing survivors, but there's no perk to help me so it's what I gotta do.

• Marcavecunc

I used to run Beast of Prey on my Huntress, but honestly, I max out chase points easy enough without it that I traded it for something else. (yes, I'm aware, Huntress isn't meant for chases, probably why they gave her a perk that boosts points in the hunting category, but sometimes when they go around obstacles to block your line of sight, you don't have the choice)

• TragicSolitude

If they made a new perk that boosted Brutality points, I'd probably try switching out Beast of Prey for it, because you're right, chase points are pretty easy to max. But, when I get annoyed and murder a group of survivors, it makes me happy that they'll get to the end screen and see it wasn't some OP build that did them in... it was a killer running a BP build with no add-ons that kicked their [BAD WORD] in. lol

• Marcavecunc

Haha true ;)

I'm not a big fan of the meta perks everyone and their mom runs.. I run builds I want to run, not because some streamer uses the perks, but because I think they suit my gameplay style.

• TragicSolitude
    edited January 2020

Exactly. I never used Ruin except when I was getting Adept Hag and the Evil Incarnate achievements. I've never run the Enduring + SF build. I have become very attached to Whispers, because damn it's so useful to know when you're in a dead area of the map; you don't even have to finish walking to that generator to know no one's on it.

Sometimes I see a streamer use a build and it's like, "That looks like fun." But I'm more likely to do that on survivors than killers. I think the only streamer build I've used for killer is Doc's impossible skill checks one, with Distressing, Unnerving Presence, Overcharge, and Lullaby, and I think that was when I got four Claudettes in my lobby... I've never seen survivors so quickly start memeing and trying to get on the killer's good side (I took pity and farmed with them... but I waited a while before I showed them where the Hex totem was lol). Since Doc's update, I've been using that same build but with Whispers instead of Lullaby, because it pairs so well with his Shock Blast it's disgusting.

I want to play my own way and not the way someone else plays. DbD has pretty much no structure, so every killer can have their own personality and playstyle; there's no reason to limit yourself.

Edit: I wrote Disturbing Presence instead of Unnerving Presence lol

• Marcavecunc

Exactly. It always surprises survivors to find out my Pig has Third Seal, or that my Huntress has Spies from the Shadows and Hangman's Trick ;)

And Whispers is definitely good on new Doctor, with the blast covering up Whisper's area.. so if no one screams, they either have Calm Spirit, or are hiding in a locker.

• emptyCups
  • TragicSolitude

Yup, Distressing + Whispers is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

The other day someone blew up a gen. I got over there and used Shock Blast, but there was no scream... so I pulled his ass out of the locker next to the gen. lol. No hiding! unless they have Calm Spirit, and even with Calm Spirit, they're still getting Madness tiered up with every shock; I love using Doc when I see flashlights in the lobby. No survivor has yet gotten to use a flashlight against my Doc.

• thehotdogman93
    thehotdogman93 Member Posts: 81

Lol no, it's called Unnerving Presence. Not Disturbing presence xD. I've been working on getting that perk as a teachable for that exact build, as Doc is my main.

• CardClasher
    CardClasher Member Posts: 86

BBQ got 8 or more counters lmao

• TragicSolitude
    edited January 2020

Not being rude, honest question: Did you get distracted while typing that? You posted that 46 minutes after I corrected myself. (I edited my post at 8:24pm, you posted your response at 8:50pm).

And it is a great perk to have on Doc. When paired with his madness, it can cause sooo many failed skill checks.

• emptyCups

We doctor mains are always distracted what with the hallucinations and screaming at all times

Be patient

• Logey7
    Logey7 Member Posts: 17

Honestly I consistently forget BBQ has a aura sense part to it. I only run it for points

• thehotdogman93
    thehotdogman93 Member Posts: 81

I'm so confused on how the forum failed to show me the correction, as I can't remember how long it took me to write that.

The insanity I share with my prey must be getting to me...

• pizzamess
    pizzamess Member Posts: 209

Then they'd have to take away the 40 meter distance from the hook limit to make it worth using and even then I hate hex perks out right and i dont want any more of them in the game. They cant balance the ones they have in the game already.

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873
    edited May 2020

If anything I’d rather see Hex: The Third Seal block out skill checks and also cause affected survivors to perceive hex totems as dull totems.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

You know what I'm down for this change but considering you're the ambassador of skill.

Don't run any exhaustion perks anymore

Dont run decisive strike or any healing perks you're so skilled so you should get hit in first place let alone down and hooked.

Alert, Object, Spine chill, dark sense, bonds, empathy and so on no need for you to run early warning perks or aura reading perks because you're so skilled.

Or here's another idea to get off your high horse and stop acting like just because somebody runs a perk you dislike that makes them in any way shape or form less skilled then you.

This goes for BBQ, Noed, Pop or any other killer perks for that matter and before you say anything this rule also applies to killer as well when it comes to survivor perks

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511

Your balance would kill the game. A perk with countless work arounds is still a problem for you. Should the killer not have perks?

1300 Member Posts: 34

Agreed. In fact make every killer perk a hex.

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83

Oh really hmm ok if that's the case remove decisive strike and medal of man because these days all in see in survivor builds at RANK 1 are those 2 pathetic cruchy ass perks so people like you can compensate for the lack of skill

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

...Has anyone already mentioned that most killers run BBQ & Chili for its Bloodpoint bonuses? Double BP from just doing your objective anyway is pretty tasty.

It's a useful perk on most killers for sure, in the same vein that Self Care is a useful perk on most survivors. It's in a balanced state, and only truly amazing on a small selection of killers (mainly Billy, Huntress, and Nurse).

All that I would ever like to see them do with it at this point is remove the bonus BP that it offers and simply make that a base-game feature (double BP for hooking every survivor at least once). Just watch its popularity decrease if such a tweak ever occurs.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

No. Half its value comes from the fact it gives bloodpoints, its not even a massively strong perk.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74

Killers really can’t have any good perks without survivors screaming about it. The game already favours you in almost every way possible just be quiet. People like you are the reason that queue times are so bloody long, because all you do is whine about anything that’s remotely viable for killers and then they don’t want to play killer anymore because it’s an absolute sweat fest every time just to get anywhere close to a win.

• Nellit
    Nellit Member Posts: 20

OOOOOF

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

No?

• Syntai
    Syntai Member Posts: 38

You know that most people use BBQ for the BP multiplier, right?

The aura reading can be countered by lockers or by just faking one direction for a few seconds and then turning.

Stop trying to gut out killers + their perks when most of them need a serious buff.

• GhostyyBoi
    GhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

I don't understand how extra bloodpoints needs to be executed.

Bbq is super good, but doesn't need to be nerfed.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

We can all listen to the whining coming from them ahaha, but in all seriousness there are plenty of counters to BBQ and Chilli, Hex perks should be far more powerful than what BBQ offers given how easy it is to counter them.