Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The new Tome

hey guys ^^

so ive started playing some survivor today, mainly to get the tome challenges done, and in all honesty, i already dont wanna continue. its mainly the super long lobby times that annoy me. and probaply also to an extend the fact that, once you are found, its very likely you are dead, as the killer just gets genrushed and therefore they dont want to give up on the hooks they got - or they just insta mori you of the hook, thats also a great thing to see.

so my games are eigther holding M1 on gens or waiting on a hook... and inbetween 5 or so minutes of lobby waiting time.

but thats not the point of this post,

instead i want to talk about how the challenges are distributed between the two roles. this is also something i noticed in tome 1, however i would like to give some feedback to this right now:

there are too many survivor challenges and not enough killer challenges.

and thats something that has been like that since tome 1.

here, i made you a list of how the challenges were spread out over the different levels:

TOME I

Level 1: Killer challenges: 8; Survivor challenges: 11, Neutral challenges: 2

Level 2: Killer challenges: 5; Survivor challenges: 11, Neutral challenges: 2

Level 3: Killer challenges: 9; Survivor challenges: 10; Neutral challenges: 1

Level 4: Killer challenges: 8; Survivor challenges: 7; Neutral challenges: /

TOME II

Level 1: Killer challenges: 8; Survivor challenges: 13; Neutral challenges: 1

did you notice it aswell?

every single tome, besides tome 1 level 4 has more survivor challenges than killer challenges. this on its own is not necessarily a bad thing, however, given the current situation, i think thats a bad decision on the devs part.

currently we have a whole lot of players in the survivor queue, more than the killer players can compensate for, therefore we have long lobby waiting times (and usually face low rank killers).

shouldnt you try to get as many players into playing killer as you can now?

a simple, yet very effective way to do so would be to have the majority of the tome challenges be killer challenges. that way, you'd basically force players to play both sides, allowing you to get more killers playing, therefore shortening the survivor lobby times.

however, the way this currently is, you basically force killers to leave the killer role and play survivor, in order to finish the rift. this, again, in itself is not a bad thing, but given the current situation you achieve the opposite of what you really want.

and since you have quite a lot of survivor challenges, that all take their time to achieve aswell, you basically keep the killer players from returning to their role aswell, as they too are now stuck in the horrendous lobby times, trying to get their challenges done.

i hope you can understand my concerns here,

thanks for reading and i'll see you in the fog!

TL;DR:

too many survivor challenges.

more killer challenges could help make survivor queues faster, though currently the opposite is the case.

Comments

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

I agree. I hadn't noticed in Tome 1, but it was glaring in Tome 2 since all survivor challenges were on top and killer ones at the bottom.. I don't mind playing both sides, but seriously, give killer only/mains something to work with.

I mean, they're easy enough to do, but it sucks when there's way more survivor-sided content. Just finished the whole thing, glad I can switch back to killing. I like playing both sides and I guess it's my own fault for wanting to complete it too fast, but I rather get rid of it early on and then play as I want without any requirements for challenges.