Stop Nerfing, Start Buffing.

Options

https://youtu.be/bsC8io4w1sY

please watch it.

This is a video about why it’s better to buff everything than cut down “stronger” things in the game. Nerfs will always be seen as negative, buffs always positive. This is healthy for the game community as a whole. Give Balanced Landing back, bring back 4-5 Blink Nurse etc.

Its not about making everything as mediocre as possible so “everyone is balanced” bc that’s boring.

for instance when I play against hag or Freddy I’m way more cautious and have to adapt myself. With any killer I have to guess if it’s good to spend time on totems bc they may have NOED- it’s about adapting

as killer I have to adapt my playstyle around survivors who have certain perks, BT, DS Head on etc

the point is, strong things are fun, weak things are not. Buffs are positive, nerfs are negative

its adapting that makes the game fun and full of tension and anticipation. I was killers to be excited to play their favorite killer and not have to play the meta or whoever is stronger just to have a good time.

I want survivors to have builds that aren’t the same 4-5 perks every time so they are less predictable and more unique and fun to face. For instance, as killer I know how to recognize when someone has BT, DS, Head On, Dead Hard, etc so I just play that way every game since 90% of survivors have to use that perk to succeed or at least get points

same for killer.

just buff and stop nerfing.

Comments

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240
    Options

No we just need basekit nurse back not this tamed version we have of her now.

• Fickta
    Fickta Member Posts: 41
    Options

I liked playing against her originally but I see your point.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited January 2020
    Options

No, nerfing things is generally healthier than buffing things for a games overall health. Especially when there are modular interactive components. The reason for this is that anytime you add a new component there are going to be synergies with existing modular components. If you try to balance by simply buffing everything than each new addition has the potential to be game breaking. Where if things are fairly normalized, then even when there are synergies, those will be strong but not overpowered.

Now you bring up, bringing back 5 blink nurse and so let's talk about nurse a bit. Nurse is a character that ignores structures like windows and pallets. And 5 blink nurse could ignore them 5 times in a row. Nurse is a poorly designed character that only is "balanced" if you nerf her so badly that only the people who mastered her can play her. Does that stop her from breaking the game, not really but what it does is reduce the number of people that can play with her. Nurse requires a full rework. I personally think that Nurse would be way more fun as a 110 percent speed killer with 1 blink and increased range and remove the exhaustion and change the recharge to 5 seconds as base would be an interesting direction to move her. She'd be much easier to play but it would change her blink from an offensive tool to a mobility based tool and to help her against some loops.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    edited January 2020
    Options

Nurse in her core has the most interesting design as a killer. She is a complete Game changer, which breaks the base formular of te game. The combination of a killer, who moves completely differently and survivor defenses working different as well, is what makes her actually quite good and refreshing. The only problem with her is AddOn design, which is hard to do with her base ability.

@TOPIC

I agree, there is more nerfing than buffing going on recently. But keep in mind that buffing too much can also easily cause a power creep problem. There is a fine line when stuff is too strong.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

I think it would be a change, not so much a buff. But she would be easier to play, Increase the skill floor and reduce the skill ceiling.