"Remove SWF"

(Yes I've heard people say that before unironically)

For killer players, swf is something you're going to have to deal with for awhile. Maybe in the future there'll be a game mode with single queue only, but for the meantime we have to wait.

It's an asymmetrical game, so it's not like they can do balanced matchmaking. And killers already have super long queue times so just getting rid of swf would make it worse.

I think removing groups from the game would cause more problems than it would solve. It would be cool to hear if you guys had any ideas for game modes that maybe involve single queue or something though!

Comments

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Tbh SWF is fine but I think it should be limited to a max of 2 players instead of being completely removed

• ratsmacker
    ratsmacker Member Posts: 44

Then maybe there could be an unranked gamemode where people could do full groups or something like that

• Flarefire_Xx

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, there could be a game mode where killers could chose to face against a bigger SWF

• FleshTorpedo
    FleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

Removing SWF would kill this game. People want to play with their friends if they have friends that like playing this game. The just need to balance this game around actual competent players both survivor and killer, rather than balancing to the lowest common denominator i.e. potatoes.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Removal of SWF will never happen. They'd lose too many survivors that way. They just need to go back to the drawing board and redesign the game from the ground up, taking Swf in to consideration and balancing the game around it. It'll never happen though, seems like they want to just use band-aid fixes by using new perks instead.

More pressing issues would be Matchmaking and Ranking. If they worked like they should, SWF wouldn't be as bad and many frustrations people have would be alleviated.

• ChunChunMaru
    ChunChunMaru Member Posts: 52

I just feel that if the game detects a 4 man (maybe a 3 man as well), there should be like an extra added layer of difficulty. No that I know what that would be exactly. But SWF just gets ignored as is cause "it only happens every once in a while".

• ratsmacker
    ratsmacker Member Posts: 44

Oh yeah I definitely agree! Tbh if they just completely wiped swf I don't think I'd play it lol. I'm just trying to understand other people's perspective.

• Flarefire_Xx

What if SWFs can be detected and the more SWF members there is a gen speed penalty and more SWF members increase the penalty and/or and a larger secondary objective or some that is required after finishing all the generators and before being able to open the exit gates.

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

They need to incentivize playing against SWF and make it known when you are facing them. It's another one of those things devs will not fix and instead force onto killers in some lazy attempt to prevent the game from collapsing.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

There's a reason most discussion is about other approaches, be it the "change base survivors and killers" aka the "buff solos + killers" approarch, indicators for SWFs, bonus BP, split queues or whatever else. They actually have at least a tiny little chance of ever happening.

Personally I'd like to extent the "never ever" to any form of mechanical nerfs like penalties to gen speed, perk selection or anything like that. It's quite simply never going to happen. And yeah, obviously the actual removal of SWF or attempts to interfere with VOIP apps are completely out of the picture, and anyone that has that as a no-compromises stance should just do themselves a favor and uninstall + never look back to be honest.

• Poochkips
    Poochkips Member Posts: 265

Just make a mode that is "free for all" and one that allows SWF

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

SWF can be incredibly frustrating to deal with as killer. Especially if they are a highly skilled bully squad. But playing with friends is a major draw with this game and it shouldn't go anywhere, not that it will. The devs should actually allow killers to feel scary and powerful and people could experience being in a horror movie with their friends.

• tkwmm
    tkwmm Member Posts: 103

I can accept swf that come in and play fair. Cant accept swf that come in just to bully out the killer.

And I playing steam veraion. My killer queue time are always instant. Within 5 second after search I already in a lobby.

Where my survivor take 10min-15min to search a game. I know it cause by the time I search 2 survivor game I had finish watching whole anime episode.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

I like the idea of different game modes so I don't see a problem with having an option to play against only solos. Some people prefer it that way so it's not like killers would never get anyone. It also allows those who want to play in SWF to still do so. That way no one quits the game. lol

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

Do it.

• iFuddly
    iFuddly Member Posts: 5

Its for trashcans that can't escape without being spoonfed everything. It's complete bull and shouldn't be a thing. Period. The ######### stains that can't bare to be killed because it hurts their ego.

• iFuddly
    iFuddly Member Posts: 5

You shouldn't be able to freely talk to friends. There's no realism its complete bullshit. Killer should be able to see auras of all 4 the entire game if they really think it's fair to have 4 man swf🤣

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141
    edited February 2021

Killers have long queue times? My queue times at night are instant because everyone's playing survivor during peak hours.

And why are so many people playing survivor rather than killer? Probably SWF. It's evening, people and their friends are at home, they want to relax and chat while they play a game. That's most SWF. Yeah, the kind that make killers' lives hell are a thing, too, but let's be fair most people are tired from work or lazy or drunk, they're not out to become gods at one of the buggiest games ever created. I play solo survivor, and while I'm doing it I'm usually chatting with the other people in the room with me, bitching or laughing about whatever's going on in the game or talking about something completely unrelated, because who cares, it's a freaking game, and as survivor I spend a lot of time holding down R1 while on the generator, it's not exactly stimulating gameplay.

I doubt we'll ever get multiple game modes. Like I said, DbD is super buggy and the balance is all over the place, if they can't even get one game mode polished I don't think we can expect a second, not to mention the unpredictable way it'll affect queue times.

Buff solos survivors to have the same info that SWF get just by being on comms, then adjust killers to compensate. And fix matchmaking. Those changes would go a long way to improving the health of the game.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 571

I would never advocate for the removal of SWF but it would be really nice if I could at least see if I'm against a SWF as killer so I can prepare myself with an appropriate perk/addon setup. But this and lobby dodging are exactly why they won't display who is in a SWF.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

As a killer main, I honestly think SWF is fine the way it is. To be honest, I actually like it. You'll probably not 4k easily but you can at least get 1-2 kills in a SWF game. Plus, it's a neat little challenge. Going against solo queue survivors all the time can be boring and maybe even too easy at times. Don't expect to get 4k's all the time.

There's people that SWF to have fun, not sweat, so changing SWF wouldn't be nice. I completely agree with OP!