The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Regarding Doctor's Shock and its use in chases

Hey everyone. I would like to share some observations that I made regarding the adjustments that Doctor's Shock received as of the 3.5.0 live update.

Doctor's Shock Therapy attack (M2) takes 1 second to charge, and Doctor moves at 3.08m/s during that time. After that he enters a 1.5 second cooldown, during which he moves at a regular Killer speed of 4.6m/s.

That means that he covers a distance of 3.08m during the charge, and then 6.9m during the cooldown, for a total of 9.98m. The above assumes that he transitions immediately from 3.08m/s to 4.6 m/s speed, and not gradually.

During that 2.5 second period, a Survivor running at 4m/s will cover a distance of 10m, practically the same as that of Doc.

The conclusion is that a Doctor using Shock Therapy will only start closing distance to a running Survivor -after the cooldown passes-, and only if they will not start charging a Shock again. The effect will even leave Doc at a negative if the Survivor is hugging a loop, due to the smaller Survivor hitboxes.

If the above is correct, Doctor players need to time their Shock properly and stun Survivors right before they reach a pallet in a loop, while maximizing the time they run outside of charging. Survivor players on the other hand can punish Doctors that make too frequent use of the Shock by wasting their time around the same tile, even if they don't have to use resources (the pallet).

(It is of course not possible to calculate exactly how much a chase will last even if the Doctor makes perfect use of the Shock, as that is dependent on the loop itself, whether the pallet has been dropped already, and individual player decisions)

I will also attach an image for a visual reference.