The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pls do something about gen-speed/rush

I’m a killer main(i play survivor too) and i play on xbox one. Normally i am on purple-red ranks and there's period of times where all the games i play as killer i get gen-rushed, it doesn't Matter which killer im playing, or which perks I’m using.

This happens to me in at least 80% of my games, they Last 5 minutes more or less, even when im carrying a full slow-down perk build.

The thing get worse with SWF, because that is a 100% chance of getting gen-rushed

I know there is way for killers to put more pressure, but no one can deny that the gen speed is too much.

i would like to know what you guys think about this, because i think it needs to be fixed

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    edited January 2020

Genrush for me is as tunneling/camping is to them

Let me ask you this

WHY do survivors gen rush ?

And what would you do/change or add to encourage them to do something else ? EDIT whatever you change has to be something survivors would willing choose

• PawnyExpress
    PawnyExpress Member Posts: 6

ruin at least gave people a reason to do a side objective and slowed the game down unless you 100% perfect skill checks but I guess it was too op.......

there needs to be a secondary objective in order for the game to slow down a bit.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247

Or the speed should be tweeked, or the random should work more better. It is a joke when 4 survivors start together near a generator, and/or a hex totem.

• Piojuno
    Piojuno Member Posts: 17

I mean, maybe new perks to help the killer evade rush, or perks that keeps survivors off gens(difficult).

maybe add another objective to the games aside from gens or doing a complete rework.

But devs are never going to do that:(

as to why the survivors gen-rush, i Dont know, it makes the game very boring

They want to escape in 3 minutes? Be toxic?prove something? I certainly dont know

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

They want to live

They have nothing else to do

That's why

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The devs did talk about addressing generator speed in their last livesream. This is what they said (quoted from my summary post on the stream - this is not a direct quote from the devs themselves):

They are looking into possible changes to toolboxes and the repair speed bonus they provide, although they haven’t settled on anything concrete yet. They probably will not be increasing base generator repair times, because they don’t want to force the survivors to spend too long just sitting there and holding M1. They do consider match length to be an important factor to consider, and they are listening to feedback around that, but they feel that there are more interesting ways to affect match length than just increasing generator times.

They have been very careful lately with survivor perks that affect generator speed, and based on the community feedback they’ve been receiving regarding generator speeds, the problem seems to lie mainly with toolboxes rather than perks, which is why toolboxes are what they’re focusing on adjusting at the moment.

Rather than introducing an entirely new secondary objective, it’s more likely that there will be additional focus placed on existing side objectives, like the totem system, to which there will probably be some adjustments made in the short term.

They also mentioned that they have plans to reduce map sizes in the future, which should allow killers to be able to apply pressure more effectively.

If you're interested in reading my full summary of the stream, you can find it here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123532/i-watched-the-dev-stream-so-you-dont-have-to-once-again/p1

• Piojuno
    Piojuno Member Posts: 17

Thanks for taking the time, i appreciate it.

I hope that they work a way to make the matchs longer, i feel the game needs it

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446

Of course their reasoning would involve inconveniencing the Survivors.

Honestly, you know what would keep Survivors doing more than just holding M1 or whatever?? Increasing skill checks (and decreasing great's bonuses to compensate of course) to be pretty frequent so they have to focus harder on what they're doing instead of repairing idly and scanning for the killer while doing so. I'd go so far as to say add in the inability to rotate camera to see anything that isn't in a frontal cone - but we all know that would be "going too far".

Veteran players wouldn't be affected too bad; newer players may have a harder time but can learn to hit skill checks a lot better if they actually HAPPEN more frequently than like 5 a match sometimes; But, you can almost bet that it would help some games because more missed skill checks would lead to more notifications going off (and might actually make Technician more useful because it has more of a chance to do something).

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited January 2020

Nothing you're suggesting would make the game much more interesting. I tend to find skill checks more inconvenient than engaging as a survivor. Just because someone has to concentrate hard doesn't mean they're having a good time - just look at the struggle mechanic that's pretty much universally hated.

Their reasoning is actually to do with making the game more enjoyable for everyone. If they can come up with a solution that is just as effective at lengthening the game as increasing generator times would be, but is more fun and engaging for survivors (and doesn't negatively impact the killer's gameplay), surely that would be preferable for everyone.

• Sinner5Gonn4Sin
    Sinner5Gonn4Sin Member Posts: 103

Of course their reasoning would involve inconveniencing the Survivors.

Yeah? That's an asymmetrical game, that's not very smart to full-on buff a side to make it perform better while said buff makes the game obnoxiously boring to the other, that's how you kill that kind of game. That's why the post announcing Ruin's overhaul looked so survivor biased too, according to their stats killers were already overperforming to their standards.

That, and the fact that Dedicated Servers made a lot of people I used to duo with quit the game, so I think it has been a common occurence for the past few months.

I just hope they will keep going that way, buff killers timewise while a the same time removing the (almost ? ) systematic override of survivors' perspective in benefit of the killer one.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353

My idea is to make all gens start off covered in vines which will take survivors 10-15 seconds to remove. (Per side of the gen).

Make skillchecks more frequent, make great skillchecks appear less often and add more buttons to press to hit a skillcheck.

For example, on Ps4: L1, L2, directional buttons.

Or on PC: M2, mouse wheel, WASD keys.

I think this will help slow down how fast gens can get started on and with the great skillcheck reduction, perks like ThisIsNotHappening can be changed to help increase the chances of Greats appearing.

OR if the vine idea is too boring. They could make it so there are parts the survivors need to look for around the map to start work on a gen. (This has been suggested by many people before) Maybe even color code gens and the parts you need so that you have to use specific parts for a specific gen or group of gens.

For example: red gasoline canisters are for, red gens. Yellow canisters are for yellow gens, etc.

Adding the gasoline/parts will take 5-10 seconds. to help slow down the process as well.