The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New To playing, Preferences (perks and such) for The Huntress?

I really like the Huntress, So which are the best perks that go with her? or just killers in general? Also any tips for playing her? Thanks again!

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited August 2018
    For perks i prefer Whispers because of her gigantic lullaby.
     Barbecue and Chili for points, tracking and crossmap snipes.
    Knockout and/or Ruin for time gain.

Huntress' biggest weakness is stealth because of her lullaby and slow speed so tracking perks are mandatory on her. She is not a Killer that should be played by the easily frustrated, she has high potential but comes with major downsides along with the need for precision and commitment.

Try to mindgame virtually every pallet you come across, one of her biggest strengths is getting hits while avoiding stuns or window lunges.

She is one of the most straightforward Killers but among the few along with Billy, Nurse, Hag and Clown that is capable of stomping teams once you invest enough practice and BP.
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Perkwise I recommend using Shadowborn to increase your FOV which will also help you throw hatchets better. Ruin and BBQ are always good picks as well. Brutal Strength is great for breaking pallets/cover but Enduring + Faster wind up add-ons might work wonders.

Add-ons wise I would recommend shorter cool down and faster windup or shorter cool down and hindered.

Playstyle wise there are usually two main forms of attack: long range and short range.

With long range you should focus on landing mostly hatchet shots. 

With short range you can use the hatchet + axe combo.

My Huntress tips are:

1.) Take advantage of vault animations
     - When survivors vault/drop pallets or vault windows they always vault in the center. Use this to get a free hatchet.

2.) Reload whenever you can
     - You only have 5 hatchets by default so you'll need to make them count. Use down time to restock so that in the next chase you will have enough.

3.) Know when to back off
     - The Huntress, despite using a rabbit mask, is one of the slower killers. This puts her at a greater disadvantage when looped compared to other killers, unless she has hatchets to throw when they drop pallets. If you run out of hatchets, back off unless they're exposed.

4.) Use vantage points 
     - Fully charged hatchets are good for sniping distant targets. If you want to track survivors climb up high and look around. You will likely spot a survivor or some scratchmarks.

5.) Use generic tracking skills
     - Scratch marks are usually the main point emphasized in the tracking department but there are some tracking facts that will be handy to know.
    - Injured survivors leave blood trails, follow them.
    - Crows fly relatively straight up when disturbed, watch the skies to see if someone is nearby. Also take note of where crows are, an absence of crows can be just as telling as cawing ones.
    - On Coldwind Farm watch the corn. Even when crouching survivors move corn stalks. Use the hills and harvesters and watchtowers then aim at the base of moving corn.

6.) Have fun! You are the host and it's your world. Just experiment and play around with different playstyles until you find one that you like.
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

Huntress' biggest weakness is stealth because of her lullaby and slow speed so tracking perks are mandatory on her. She is not a Killer that should be played by the easily frustrated, she has high potential but comes with major downsides along with the need for precision and commitment.

Try to mindgame virtually every pallet you come across, one of her biggest strengths is getting hits while avoiding stuns or window lunges.

She is one of the most straightforward Killers but among the few along with Billy, Nurse, Hag and Clown that is capable of stomping teams once you invest enough practice and BP.
    A new huntress well be beat by stealth a huntress main like myself do just fine without tracking perks 
  • ThottieLottieLyn
    ThottieLottieLyn Member Posts: 6

@Peasant said:
    Perkwise I recommend using Shadowborn to increase your FOV which will also help you throw hatchets better. Ruin and BBQ are always good picks as well. Brutal Strength is great for breaking pallets/cover but Enduring + Faster wind up add-ons might work wonders.

Add-ons wise I would recommend shorter cool down and faster windup or shorter cool down and hindered.

Playstyle wise there are usually two main forms of attack: long range and short range.

With long range you should focus on landing mostly hatchet shots. 

With short range you can use the hatchet + axe combo.

My Huntress tips are:

1.) Take advantage of vault animations
     - When survivors vault/drop pallets or vault windows they always vault in the center. Use this to get a free hatchet.

2.) Reload whenever you can
     - You only have 5 hatchets by default so you'll need to make them count. Use down time to restock so that in the next chase you will have enough.

3.) Know when to back off
     - The Huntress, despite using a rabbit mask, is one of the slower killers. This puts her at a greater disadvantage when looped compared to other killers, unless she has hatchets to throw when they drop pallets. If you run out of hatchets, back off unless they're exposed.

4.) Use vantage points 
     - Fully charged hatchets are good for sniping distant targets. If you want to track survivors climb up high and look around. You will likely spot a survivor or some scratchmarks.

5.) Use generic tracking skills
     - Scratch marks are usually the main point emphasized in the tracking department but there are some tracking facts that will be handy to know.

• Injured survivors leave blood trails, follow them.
    • Crows fly relatively straight up when disturbed, watch the skies to see if someone is nearby. Also take note of where crows are, an absence of crows can be just as telling as cawing ones.
    • On Coldwind Farm watch the corn. Even when crouching survivors move corn stalks. Use the hills and harvesters and watchtowers then aim at the base of moving corn.

6.) Have fun! You are the host and it's your world. Just experiment and play around with different playstyles until you find one that you like.

@ChesterTheMolester said:

Thank you both, It's really helped!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2018

Shadowborn is great for her, but keep in mind the fact that she's a bit like the Nurse in that you need to practice and learn how to aim with her, and Shadowborn can mess with that. If you start off using it then take it off later it will really screw with you. You are better off learning her without it, then putting it on later.

Whispers is good on her, but has the same effect. You should learn how to find and track survivors without it first, then equip it once you know how to do that. If you start off using it and later take it off you will have a hard time finding people.

BBQ and Nurse's Calling are probably the 2 best perks for her that won't screw with you if you take them off, as they can help you line up long range shots. Even though she has a lullaby, her actual terror radius is small (20m) meaning people will usually heal very close to you.

Ruin is Ruin. It's great for every killer. Same for Agitation, Brutal Strength, and Enduring.

Of the Huntress's own perks, Territorial Imperative is amazing on her. It's considered a low tier perk, but Huntress is a monster in the basement. Whenever I run this perk on her my basement becomes a death trap. And no one ever expects it either.

Bamboozle is pretty good on her as it can help you break some key loops like pig tree and the shack. She's slow and being able to break loops can make a huge difference. However it won't help you on some spots like Ironworks, Storehouse, Rancid Abattoir, or Lery's (the whole map).

Deerstalker is good for her because you might end up slugging people a lot especially if you hit long range shots often.

I heard the effects of Sloppy Butcher apply to her hatchets, though I haven't tried it myself. If that's true then this would be a great perk for her.

Also when it comes to her add-ons Bubushka + Braid is the best combo, followed by Iri Heads + Belt. However, like with Shadowborn and Whispers, using the fast wind-up add-ons when learning her will mess with you later. Learn to play her without anything that buffs wind-up/cooldown until you learn to throw hatchets. Once you do, you can equip them and see your gameplay improve significantly. I also recommend using Deerskin Gloves, as faster reloads can make a huge difference sometimes. It's one of her most underrated add-ons. And Begrimed Heads are really nice too since they slow down gen repair, allowing you options over using Ruin all the time.