The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New to the game,(Mostly have played killer) What is the best survivor to start off with?

As in the title, I normally play KYF and have adapted to playing the killer the majority of the time, so which survivor is one of the 'easier' and more 'valuable' in the long run to start playing and levelling their blood web? I've played about 2 Claudette, 1 of Jake and 4 as Meg, also tips and tricks to playing survivor would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

best survivor to start: david king, his perk: We're gonna farm forever is first to level up and it's best to learn it as first teachable

best way to learn survivor:
    chase - play killer and see what survivors do
    hide - watch streamers, you won't see hiding spots as killer

do gens and have fun

• FoggyWeather_
    FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163

I'd say if you want to play stealthy play Claudette since she has a stealthy appearance (dark clothes, dark skin, black hair) Her teachable Self-Care is very good if you want to be able to heal yourself without a med-kit.

Meg is awesome for Adrenaline and many people also like to use Sprintburst (Not my cup of tea).

I'd say beginner friendly survivors are Claudette, Meg, Dwight, Jake and Kate.
    In the end the survivors are just skins if you unlock the teachables. Here are some suggestions for good teachable perks that are helpful in my opinion.

Taken from the official wiki: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Perks

Dwight:
    Bond - Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Allies' Auras are revealed to you when they are within 12/24/36 metres.
    --> When you're hurt or want to work with another survivor on a generator this perk helps you a lot

Meg:
    Adrenaline - Instantly heal one Health State and sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for 5 seconds when the Exit Gates are powered.

Adrenaline is on hold if you are disabled at the moment it should take effect and will activate when freed.
    Adrenaline will wake you up if you are asleep when it triggers.
    Adrenaline ignores Exhaustion.
    Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.
    --> It's basically a life saver in many situations except for if the killer camps you and tunnels you

Claudette:
    Empathy: Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Dying or injured allies' Auras are revealed to you when within 32/64/∞ metres. Empathy does not reveal Auras of allies when they are in the Killer's direct contact.
    --> It helps if you want to play altruistic and want to help hurt survivors or if you just want to know where the killer is to avoid facing him.

Self Care: Unlocks the ability to heal yourself without a Med-Kit at 50 % the normal healing speed. Increases the efficiency of Med-Kit self-heal by 10/15/20 %.
    --> Even at tier 1 it is really powerful.

Jake:
    Iron Will: You're able to concentrate and enter a meditative-like state to numb some pain. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are reduced by 50/100/100 % while staying still/while staying still/at any time.
    --> Sometimes it's helpful to be quiet if the killer only catches by listening your grunts.

Calm Spirit:
    Animals seem to trust you as they often stay calm in your presence. Reduces chances of alerting Crows IconHelp crows.png by 80/90/100 %.

Your calm spirit can overcome the urge to scream due to Madness, Intoxication or getting injured by the Killer.
    --> It recently got a buff and works wonders against the Doctor. It's still a kind of niche perk but it's cool to use.

Nea:
    Urban Evasion: Your Movement Speed while crouching is increased by 90/95/100 %.
    --> It's a good perk to confuse the killer after a vault where he doesn't see your character.

David:
    We're Gonna Live Forever: Your few friends deserve the best protection. Each time you rescue or take a hit to protect a Survivor, gain 25 % stackable bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 50/75/100 %.

The Bonus Bloodpoints are only awarded post-trial.
    --> It's kind of BBQ and Chili for survivors. The requirement to get the stack is kind of difficult but if you like to unhook your teammates or if you protect them (hookblocking or getting inbetween a chase) it benefits you.

Feng Min:
    Technician - The noises caused by your repairs and their hearing distance are reduced by 0/4/8 metres. On a failed repair Skill Checks, there is a 30/40/50 % chance the Generator explosion will be prevented.
    --> Feng Min was my first survivor that I played and this perk helped me alot when the skill checks where new to me.

Lithe - After performing a vault, break into a sprint at 150 % of your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds.
    Activates in chases only.
    Causes Exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.
    --> For Me personally the best exhaustion perk as I can control when I want to use it and since there's a vault spot basically everywhere in the maps.

Detective Tapp:
    Stake Out - Getting close to the Killer fills you with determination. For each 15 seconds you are standing within the Killer's Terror Radius and are not in a Chase, you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens.

When Stake Out has at least 1 Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks and consume 1 Token.
    --> It's one of the most effective perks against Ruin. I use it in most load-outs and it helped me alot since I don't hit the great skill check everytime.

Kate:
    Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. Auras of Pallets and vaults are revealed to you when within a range of 20 metres.

Windows Of Opportunity has a cool-down of 60/50/40 seconds when vaulting or dropping a Pallet during a Chase
    --> One of the best perks to get to know the map you're playing on if you don't know the pallets and vaulting points (yet)

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2018
    It depends on your playstyle, but IMO:

FOR STEALTH

Claudette: She is the easiest survivor by far for newbies, and she has one of the most powerful perks in the game as a teachable (Self Care). Use the brown leather jacket or the black shirt from L4D to be stealthy. I prefer the brown jacket myself, it blends in to more varied backgrounds.

Jake: He has a decent stealth outfit in the green jacket with gloves, and one of his teachables is a very powerful stealth perk (Iron Will).

Nea: While most of her outfits leave her with bare pale arms, she does have one reddish shirt with long sleeves. She also comes with Urban Evasion, probable the best stealth perk out there.

FOR CHASES

Meg: If you'd rather run than hide, playing Meg with her base perks plus We'll Make It is a good way to start that doesn't require any perks from other characters.

Feng: Lithe is an excellent exhaustion perk for most maps, though it does work better in conjunction with Quick & Quiet (Meg) and/or Dance With Me (Kate). Having control over when it triggers is a big plus though.

David: I prefer Dead Hard over all the other exhaustion perks, and David also has We're Gonna Live Forever. The bloodpoint bonus from that will help you level up everything faster. Using Dead Hard well takes a bit more skill than Sprint Burst or Lithe, but once you get the hang of it you can pull off some good moves in a chase.

EDIT: Kate's Windows of Opportunity perk is very useful for a newbie still learning the maps.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i'd say claudette, since you'll unlock selfcare with her.
    you will love it.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMO Meg is the best starter for new players because she has 2 meta perks and 1 really solid perk. She is far and above Claudette, whose main draw is Self Care which is nullified when you factor in medkits. Take a yellow one with more charges on Meg with her 3 perks that's all you need to start off.

Do Nea or Claud next, then the other one. Nea has Urban Evasion and Balanced Landing which are 2 great perks.

Once you have SC, UE, SB, and Adrenaline you got a build right there. Any survivor you want to try after is up to you, I'd swap in their perks for Adrenaline (since you honestly won't get it to proc every game, especially at your rank, it's not as valuable as the other 3).

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

Claudette > David King

Self Care, Empathy, Dead Hard and WGLF are all you need for a good experience and to farm. Then unlock Meg for her perks and then decide whos next yourself.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Just play what you want man.