Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killer and survivor perks that don't make sense.

BLUE_APE
BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Okay this isn't really a discussion on gameplay.

Like Claudette, why does she have self care? Shes a botanist, so Botany Knowledge makes sense, I can understand Empathy being more of a personality trait, but where does self care come in?

I think if anyone should have that it should be Jake.
Also Jake and Meg need to switch perks.
Meg should have "Iron Will" and Jake should have "Quick and Quiet"
How would Meg be able to be quick and quiet? Iron Will makes sense, I picture it like even though shes tired and has a scratch, she's still determined to win a race.
Jake would make sense on quick and quiet because he's been living in the woods (Before the relm of the entity) and he would be able to watch and scurry around wild animals without being noticed?

Nea's perks make sense

Killers too
Why does Billy have "Light Born" and Wraith have "Shadow Born"?
It should be the the other way around.

What do you think? do some of you feel the same way?

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited August 2018

Jake is the survivalist, so it makes sense he would grit his teeth and deal with the pain when he's got nobody to complain to but himself.

Have you ever seen the high hurdle events? Athletes can't touch the hurdles. So wouldn't it make sense that Meg can do the vault without smacking the sill and making noise?

Not sure what the deal with Shadowborn and Lightborn were though. Billy was the one who was stuck in a dark room all his life - where as our boy Wraith was normal and out in the sun before he became what he was. So yes, those two don't make sense.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Well, I suppose the Spirit World the Wraith has access to is all darkness, just because Survivors can flashlight him out of it. As for Lightborn, I dont know; farmers spend a lot of time outdoors. :P
  • BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

@PigNRun said:
    Well, I suppose the Spirit World the Wraith has access to is all darkness, just because Survivors can flashlight him out of it. As for Lightborn, I dont know; farmers spend a lot of time outdoors. ::pirate:

But Billy spent his life trapped in a basement, and wraith spent his in broad daylight.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    BLUE_APE said:

But Billy spent his life trapped in a basement, and wraith spent his in broad daylight.

Fair enough for the Hillbilly, but, about Wraith, you could say the same thing for every single killer. Wraith spent his life under daylight, but he spent his killer life phasing between the Spirit World and the normal plane.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

There's a couple different bits in the lore than mention Claudette's botany knowledge, and how she's able to identify plants that can be used to heal and save lives. Sticking with that, I don't see it as too much of a stretch to assume she's able to MacGyver some of them together to heal herself without a medkit.

Meg's got Quick and Quiet because she's an athlete. She's used to moving quickly, and while we don't know which sports she was involved in, it's heavily implied that it's something track based (lots of talk of finish lines, running). Could be hurdles, which would explain the quiet part. You ain't supposed to touch the hurdles.

Iron Will sorta' makes sense on Jake. Living in the woods with no medical supplies, he's bound to get injured at some point. The perk mentions being able to enter a meditative state and numb pain, which would fit with his off the grid lifestyle. He naturally likes to shut out the rest of the world.

For lightborn/shadowborn, ¯_(ツ)_/¯ The only thing I could find is quote from Vigo on lightborn:

"These monsters... they adapt! They emerge with strange new abilities."

In reference to Max Jr. emerging from the room he was held captive in. That's all I got. That and I guess wraith = stealth = shadows, but I'm really at a loss on this one.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I see Claudette with Self Care making sense, but I do agree it doesn’t make as much sense as it might with Jake.

Also I think Iron Will & Quick and Quiet can be interchangeable between Meg and Jake. Though I think Meg jumping hurdles makes more sense. If twigs broke and there were bushes you could slip through sometimes, I could see Jake making less noise there.

Quinten tied as one of my favorites to play(Claudette, David and Kate as well), but I don’t think his Vigil ability makes sense. He’s a sweet character who’s a little angsty if you watch the remake, but I feel like it should effect mental ailments, but with a medkit at hand he speeds up physical injuries. Also, with that division and limitation I’d make it a little faster. Being kind doesn’t make people not have blood hemorrhaging, but probably will make them less scared and feeling less crazy.

Also I know that Feng Min is a gamer, but I dont understand how she is better at not letting generators go off. If they introduced a mechanic character I’d be all for it. And I like all three of her perks and think Lithe and Alert make sense, but I’d probably replace Technician with another ability revolving around being perceptive, or I’d rename it something different like “Deft Hands”, or “Hand Eye Coordination”.