The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please can someone explain ranks to me.

Still new to the game and I don’t understand the green rank or red rank people keep saying.

im on PS4 and I’m rank 20 on both survivor and killer. Survivor lobbies take about 15 minutes to get into a game where killer is under a minute.

how come this is happening?

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

It is due to higher-ranked killers (and survivors) intentionally AFKing to demote to lower ranks to pubstomp newer players.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

The devs have messed up match making badly along with making killers frustrating to play to the point a lot have left on some platforms making survivor ques insanely long and killer's near instant.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

Most high rank killers left because the game is not fun to play as killer in high rank.

So now high rank survivors have to play against low rank killers or else they will have an infinite queue.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The reason why queue times are longer for survivor than for killer is simply because there are too many people in your region, at your rank, on your platform and at the time of day when you're online playing as survivor, and not enough people playing as killer. That's really all it boils down to.

• aGoodOldRub
    aGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267
    edited February 2020

Because there is no killers playing anymore, it takes about 3-5 minutes for game to match you with super high or low rank players if there is no players with similar ranks. So anything over 5 minutes indicates no killers playing and you are literally waiting in a line with other 10000000 survivors to get a killer.

Why no killers ? because it is more just a frustrating gameplay as a killer not fun unless you are new to the killer and killing potatoes. Veteran killers find killing noobs pretty boring.