A DC Should Ensure Killer A Black Pip

NullEXE
NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

I'm honestly sick of it. When 2 or 3 survivors DC because they are having a bad match I de-pip because of it. It's not my job to ensure their fun. It's not my fault they don't like the map, killer, or perks I play with. It's not my fault they don't know how to loop, be aware, or simply have bad luck.

@Peanits Get on this right now, and hotfix this change immediately. Probably doing so while you guys are working on your MMR will at least restore a little faith in the small portion of the players that actually play Killer.

Comments

• NullEXE

It's so dumb when you are in Purple ranks, and you can't get red ranks because survivor just keep dcing - knowing that by doing so they are forcing you to de-pip.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

You are demanding a dev implements a change you want? lmao

• NullEXE

Lol just like how all the Killers got nerfs lately xD

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited February 2020

Here's how I think it should work...

As survivor:

1 survivor dc=1 gen to be completed

2 survivor dc=3 gens to be completed + safety pip

3 survivor dc=4 gens to be completed + single pip + hatch cannot be closed

Killer dc=safety, single, or double pip depending on the match length.

As killer:

1 survivor dc=5K BP

2 survivor dc=10K BP + safety pip

3 survivor dc=15K BP + single pip

4 survivor dc=20K BP + double pip

Post edited by DetailedDetriment on
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

With the new hidden skillrating system coming soon, I don't think the devs will put work into the existing ranking system. They said themselves that rank doesn't tell us how good you are, just how much you play. So we shouldn't care about ranks & pips.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

If I didn't know of the new ranking system coming into play, then I would have argued for my idea: Just lower the black pip requirement.

This would make sure that less people are effected by others leaving without making it easier to rank up. You still have to work to keep your rank, but you're no longer as punished because of a terrible teammate or opponent.

• NullEXE

They are also planning to revise the emblem system with the new MMR system. I am hoping they reduce the complexity of the emblem system to just follow;

• Killer: If the Killer gets 2 kills in any way, they black pip. (This includes DC's)
    • Survivor: If the Survivor survives they black pip. (This is how it is right now)

Then everything else in game is just extra and determines if you pip or double pip.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
  • NullEXE
    edited February 2020

Lol of all things strong in this game your complaint is a single insta down that is easy to dodge 🤣🤣🤣. Stop being entitled. As said by the devs themselves its the killers job to get kills at any cost, and its the survivors job to survive at any cost. Its not either of their jobs to ensure the other has fun.

Also why should you care if the Killer has an easier time pipping? That only aids you if you play Killer and isn't your concern if your survivor (because your only concern should be surviving). Get out of here trying to keep the game a bully simulator.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

why

why

why

why

why

why do you care about rank? it does nothing, it means nothing, why the F do you care?

has it to do with insecurity, that that number needs to get closer to 1 or stay at 1 for you to not feel bad about yourself?

Im not against your idea, Im just baffled how many care about freaking rank

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620

He means the remainings surviviors, not the ones DCing

• NullEXE

Because no one takes your seriously when you're not red rank. People bully you for not being red rank. It's important for players to feel rewarded for doing well. It's bad that players get punished for achieving their objective as a role.

Need I go on?

• NullEXE

SWF's will still abuse this to avoid depips. Unfortunately its not a design you can give to survivors.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020

Then cry to the devs, maybe they will nerf iri hatchets.

Lets see what you can do.

DC is unforgivable, always.

• Archimedes5000

So 2 depips and 2 safety pips? Does not seem like a good deal to me. Or 3 depips and 1 pip, still the same thing.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I mean legit ranking system is about to become irrelevant.

It's gonna be, yo fam what's your mmr. Then get bullied for it

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

yes, non of what you said makes ANY sense at all.

Apart from this indeed stemming from your personal insecurity....

If you are a good killer and green rank, well..... guess what, nobody will be able to bully you as you are good enough to kill the,...

Second nobody knows your killer rank until the match is over so again, your statement makes no sense.

And lastly YOU ARE being rewarded with bloodpoints, ya know, the stuff you can actually spend to get perks etc?

RANK DOES NOTHING FOR YOU FFS man jeeez.

• NullEXE

What? No? I never said that at all. Where did your sense even go on this one?

If you guarentee a black pip for all the other survivors when 1 survivor dcs then a swf that is being stomped on will just have 1 dc to ensure the other 3 can't depip. Take one for the team as they say. I could even see it happen in solo as some people already are into self sacrificing in this game.

It just doesn't work for survivors, we need to find another remedy for dcs for survivors.

Killers however (that the discussion is on) - it makes sense that they should get at least a black pip for dcs, or at least its needed right now till they fix the rankkng system, because now its common knowledge that you can just dc to force killers to de pip. Survivors are abusing it every game now in high ranks to get back at Killers that play well.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Here's what should happen if a DC/Ebony Mori/Multiple Hatch Escapes occur:

• Rank is Locked into place (Except the DCer, who will lose rank progression).
    • Award Bloodpoints to the affected players.
  • NullEXE

Rank 6 now, recently deranked from Rank 4. I was green rank when my rank reset from Rank 8. I normally stand between 4-8. I used to just try to stay at Rank 8 for the diversity of players, but then they expanded the area of players you face, so now - most of the time - I just face red rank's and swf's

See this is what i'm talking about. One post i'm green ranks in another thread and that's all people think, and assume about me, or how good I am at this game - when the reason i'm not ranking up is because every second-third game players dc against me just to force me to de-pip, and i'm against sweaty swf's.

You can call it insecurity. I don't really see it that way. I care less about what my rank looks like, and more that the game is balanced for everyone to enjoy - which this issue with ranking is one of those examples that's making the game not enjoyable.

• NullEXE

Sorry was trying to back track onto the topic. I don't understand what DetailedDetriment is getting at either. He may not yet understand that the points in the emblem system, and blood-points you recieve in the match are two entirely different things. Regardless his post doesn't benefit the discussion because we are talking about the emblem system, and not the BP system.

I also still don't see how bloodpoints in a match determine

So 2 depips and 2 safety pips? Does not seem like a good deal to me. Or 3 depips and 1 pip, still the same thing.

It's all confusing responses to me, sorry.

• Archimedes5000

I mean that if safety pip was rewarded to surviviors only at 2 DCs, and 1 pip at 3 DCs, then it wouldnt be worth to DC so your friends dont depip.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

So because a small minority of players can abuse something everyone else should get screwed. Except for the killer of course.

• NullEXE

It's not a small minority, also idk what you mean by everyone else get screwed?

If you can do something to make the game a better experience for players then you do so. This change does not make playing survivor any worse. Get out of here with your entitled mentality.

Also a survivor dcing doesn't FORCE the other survivors to depip. They can still complete objectives, and can still earn emblems all the same. Even find the hatch if they have to - which escaping in anyway already is a guarenteed black pip

• NullEXE
    edited February 2020

Though you can't ensure a black pip to the survivors at all, certainly not a pip ( an actual pip should require you to achieve some kind of objective). Or else survivors would abuse this in their own favor.

I would love to include survivors in this idea, but its not possible as it would break the game further. In addition this thread is aimed to remove survivors ability to punish the killer by dcing. Survivors already have many mechanics and tools in the game to give them the win even if another survivor dcs - the killer does not. The killer is entirely at a loss when a survivor dcs and they shouldn't be punished for the bad behavior of other players.

Again a reminder that bp is not the same as emblem points and bp does not determine if you pip or not.

• Archimedes5000

Think giving black pips at 2-3 DCs for both Killers and Surviviors would be fine. Like I said, 2 black pips is not worth abusing by SWF, because this would mean that 2 people DC, (-2pips) and 2 people get black pip (0pips), so the SWF are still at -2 pips.

• NullEXE
    edited February 2020

Giving survivor the exact points of ensure a black pip in any emblem catagories. Will only ensure them to pip and double pip with other points added. That is in addition to survivors will dc to ensure the other survivors do not depip in a match that they did poorly in.

Killers however. When a player dcs, they lose 2 hooks and a sacrifice from the sacrifice emblem, which in most cases results in a depip - since in purple and red ranks it requires 3 or more gold emblems to black pip.

Survivor does not have emblems that rely solely on sacrifices in the game. They can always make up the points elsewhere. Killer however does not and cannot.

Survivors know this, and it has become common knowledge, where I see it in a majority of my games (and several others)(because they like to rub it in, in the end game screen), which is why it needs a hotfix. Now.

Now can we please get back onto the discussion of killers being penalized for survivors dcing. Enough with people begging for survivors to get more freebies.

Inb4 someone ignorantly says "you're asking for killers to get freebies". No I am demanding that a dc counts as a full sacrifice instead of just a few points so that the killer is not forced to depip as a result of a survivor dcing. Two very different things.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Remaining survivors should he heavily punished when teammates DC like preventing the hatch from spawning and loss of bloodpoints.

Survivors who DC themselves should be perma banned.

Everyone. Absolutely everyone should be upset when someone D/C it seriously ruins the match for everyone.

And if I invested 20mins to wait for a match and 3-4 matches to grind for good add ons amd offerings only to be wasted because someone D/C and fcked the game. Hell no. Single worst problem dbd has.

• Archimedes5000

######### man.

Ever heard of Solo surviviors? Why should I be punished because my random teammate is a #########?

Also permaban on DC? DC stands for DISCONNECT and this includes server timeout.

Wait, do you even know what Permanent Ban means?

• DetailedDetriment

It wouldn't be a full reward as bp would not be awarded, it's just if your solo team all dcs.

• DetailedDetriment

Rank doesn't mean skill so in the end you'd just be hurting yourself to say you got to red ranks as a killer.

• Archimedes5000
    edited February 2020

Dont assume that "giving black pip" always means "giving enough point for black pip".

There are other ways. For example, you can get a black pip no matter how many points you have, just like when a match is cancelled. If you had more than enough points for black pip anyway, despite the DCs, then the game does nothing.

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235

Just lie about your rank on the forums like most everybody. Who cares. I'm a level 16 killer but I identify as a 4 or 5. ;)

• NullEXE

That's a lot easier to code, than guaranteeing a black pip part way into a match when everyone already has points for emblems.

Please don't make me have to write paragraphs explaining how coding works.

• Archimedes5000

It already works like this when the match is cancelled.

And no, its not harder to code. You just check if the point value is <9. If its true, set the point value to 9. And yes, 9 points stands for 0 pips in every rank, except for ranks 17-20 where it stands for +1 pip, but it does not matter.

• NullEXE

Do you realize how many things effect the emblems in the game. It's not as simple as one line of code. Even harder when you start to try telling a program to ignore other numerals because the game has already been started and people already have received points.

God, now I understand when people say "The dev's must get tired of seeing people talk on the forums like they know what they are talking about, but are not the ones programming the game". I'm not even programming the game, and I know how much coding needs to go into ranking systems. Sorry that this is blunt, but please understand that it is a lot more complicated than one line of code.

• Archimedes5000

You were the one that started the whole "this is easier to code than that" without having the knowledge.

Im not talking about points toward emblems, Im talking about EMBLEM POINTS. After all the emblem calculations are done, you are granted Embkem points, and amount of your Emblem Points is always between 0 and 16. 0 is at no emblems, 16 is at 4 Iridescent emblems. So, if amount of your Emblem Points is less than 9, it would be set to 9.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I stand by what I said

The solution to randoms is to make freinds. Its not hard I have at least 100 on my list

You have NO IDEA how often someone DC and when I'm the killer. First down, dont want to be hooked, ect ect they WONT face the sacrifice. Its every game. Every game. DC for the hatch or DC when they get hit. I even saw one earlier who flashlight stunned me twice hit me with a pallet and then when I grabbed them on the window they left. Its maddening

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

I'd say a DC should ensure a black pip for everyone. Survivors included. In fact, do a Rocket-League-like system, where if one person DC's, the game is no towards rank (or in DBD's case, MMR), and is purely for bloodpoints.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

yeah i never understood that.

“wut you’re better than me? i’ll punish YOU for playing fairly.” *DC’s. You don’t get as many points and you don’t pip-up*

like lmao what?

• thrawn3054

Less than 50% of games have a swf. 4 man swf was less then 10%. That's a small minority. Other survivors can easily depip from others deciding to DC. Which is why if they did what you wanted it should be for both sides. As for entitled. I'm not the one who made a thread demanding the devs do what they want. Seems to me you're the entitled one buddy.

• NullEXE

A survivor dcing does not directly mean that a survivor depips, none of their emblems depend on other survivors all can be completed by yourself.

Killer requires hooks and sacrifices to get emblems.

All you face is SWF in higher ranks, so obviously it's not a minority.

• NullEXE

Then people would DC just to penalize everyone from ranking that match. Survivors can still complete objectives and earn all of their emblems even with dc's. It's not an issue for them - it's a serious issue for Killers who require the hooks for their sacrifice emblem.

• thrawn3054

Except stats don't lie. You can't have nothing but swf in high ranks. As for still being able safety as a survivor if someone DC's. Of course you can. It just becomes alot harder. That's my point. I have no issue with killers automatically safety piping on a DC. I just think it should be for all parties who's game got screwed by it.

• NullEXE

I have had dozens of matches where I double pip'd and there was only 3 survivors. The fact of the matter is that Killer literally has no way of being able to do that. The points just are not there. That is why survivors are dcing to FORCE Killers to de-pip as punishment, because they can't do anything about it. They can't do anything I said.

Survivors, as much as it might suck to deal with one less of a player, still can rank up after someone DC's. They even get bonus points for each DC - which is better than what the Killer is getting. If you go ahead and guarantee a survivor gets a black pip when someone dc's then it takes even less effort that survivor to get a pip and double that match - which they don't deserve. When it's already way too easy for survivors to rank up as it is.

Literally this not a long time effect solution to the problem. As I said many times before. There is a new MMR and Ranking system in play, and coming soon. I am suggesting this as a band aid solution to stop survivors from dcing as a way to punish killers. That's it. Nothing else. This discussion is not about giving more freebies to the role that already has everything. Okay, so if you are not going to be apart of the discussion, cool, goodbye, i'm done answering you.

• thrawn3054

Trying to limit a discussion because it moves beyond where it started is silly. Having somebody automatically safety doesn't make it easier to get a pip. I assumed you were suggesting that they get a minimum of a safety and if they perform well enough could pip. Which I agree with.

But I'm afraid you are wrong that a single DC prevents you from safety piping. The only category you can't achieve an iridescent in with an early DC is Devout. I'd be more then happy to have the devs change it to award the points to each category as though you had hooked them 3 time. But even failing that it still leaves 15 possible points. Which is enough to give you plenty of chance to pip.