Things that grinds your gears?

Options

My list;

1: Playersusing SB and/or Urban Evasion, walking/crouching around the entire map & showing up too late to get you off of first hook-phase.

2: Players who decides to unhook you with the killer on their tail, as if it is the only logical solution.

3: Players who throws down a pallet whenever they are hit, ruining both the potential loop and their sprint boost.

4: Players who T-bags at Myers. He's been through enough k?

5: Players who tries to bodyblock the killer to help you escape but ends up blocking your path.

6: People who makes lists of things they dont like

Comments

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

As a killer

1- survivors that just stay at a pallet every time and dont even try to loop. Just sit there for the stun. Every. Damn. Time.

2- immersed survivors who urban evade everywhere and not doing #########

3- being accused of tunneling, camping and such when i 2 hook everyone lmao

4- playing the damn game lmao. Jk but honestly I feel a brain aneurysm every other game

• Mastergee
    Mastergee Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2020
    Options

Players who tbag. Seriously grow up theres no need to tbag.

People who wait for the killer at the exit then go. Like teasing the killer. If you've opened the exit well done. Don't hang around just go.

People who disconnect when you hook a survivor. Just take your death like a proper gamer.

People who send you messages when you manage to capture them and kill them. Just accept that you lost instead of trying to start a pointless argument that you'll end up loosing.

Selfish survivors who clearly don't care about team play and only look out for themselves. Yeah it's a team based game so all do your bit.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

Meg.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Survivors crowd around the hook when the killer is camping, but they all stay on the other side of the map and leave me to die on my first hook when the killer is nowhere near me.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
    Options

DCers. That’s it. They are a scourge on this game and absolutely destroy it. If the devs did nothing else but find a way to discourage DCing, id be happy

• McLightning
    Options

You'll find that a lot of the time a killer will camp because they know people are nearby waiting for the save.

Actually...in the games I play, that's 9/10 times when camping happens.

So, basically, when someone goes down, survivors shouldn't feel the need to ditch the gen you have at 80% progress just to go for the save, lol

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,509
    Options

Ending all chases <15 seconds and still losing.

You feel like you never got outplayed but you still lost simply because gens went too fast.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I'm not talking about when they make the smart play... I mean they come crowd the hook after the killer has started camping, or they're across the map crouching around not doing gens.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Ash talking about tall grass.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

My teammates self caring with Sloppy Butcher. Why? What’s the point?

• McLightning
    Options

Oh well, yeah. Those nerds are the reason camping is a viable strategy. They complain that campers need to be punished, when the ability to punish them lies in their hands lol

• Blueberry
    Options

It is. The math has been done by a few people. A lot more time is spent in pick up, hook, kicking, walking across map than people think. For example, some maps are so large that it can take you almost 40 second to go from one side to the other. That alone, is 2 gens, assuming not a single toolbox or addon speeding it up. Every 1 second you use, is 3-4 seconds given to survivors (depending on your current chase/slug).

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

The developers thinking its okay to feed killers placebos which in turn puts the idea across that the developers treat killer players more like test subjects rather than people.

I know I'm probably reading into this more than I should do but goddamit I have to do it for college and I'm gonna do it well.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Hmm 80 × 5 = 400, 400 ÷ 2 = 200 + 20 = 220

And, 15 × 12 = 180, 180 + (20 × 6) = 300

Theoretically, on maps/killers that have trouble applying pressure, it is possible to have 15 second chases and still get a 0k?

Check my math:

80 second gens(add travel time, subtract great skill checks, doesn't account for killer slowdown)

5 gens (supreme efficiency, very unrealistic because killer usually shuts down at least .5 gens with pressure/regression)

2 survivors on gens per second (very rough overestimation, hyper efficient squad)

20 seconds to get the gate

15 second chase

12 chases needed (1 hook per chase, 3 hooks per survivor, extremely suboptimal)

20 seconds for patrolling/getting pallets down (misc time, varies with map/killer/perks)

6 unsuccessful chases/patrols (one third of chases/patrols failed, pretty bad tbh)

For killer you can add 5-10 seconds for hooking per chase if you'd please.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,800
    Options

Farm maps

• Blueberry
    Options

First, we aren't specifically talking just 0k, 1k is also a loss.

20 seconds to get to the gate could be more or less.

20 seconds for patrolling/pallets/misc is also hardly measurable like that and probably much higher.

You are also assuming only 2 survivors on gens at all times.

12 chases needed isn't taking into account which survivors either. Certain survivors can take up two hooks without getting the third.

Lastly this hasn't taken into account perks/items. We can argue both sides have things for this, but I'd also argue the survivors ones are much more effective and x4.