You ruined this game

Comments

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Maybe you should have mentioned that instead of using your disability as a weapon.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Survivors arent DS reliant, because killers are that cheap in mind they force DS-usage on survivors to even play this game some more seconds.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
  • Danielgdp3

Yeah I'm not that good of a killer tbh, makes me wonder though how bad everyone else is that they cry that poor ruin ain't the same and now can't kill anyone

• xiozen
    xiozen Member Posts: 61

These are excellent points. While I understand the Devs rationale that at least 2 gens will get completed within the first 4 minutes of a match (or something to that effect); and also that they (meaning the Devs) never intended that 5 gens would still be up 4 minutes into a match--nerfing ruin (when you've acknowledged that 80% of red rank loadouts included the hex as part of their build) should have given you pause... i say this only because the immediate approach taken to nerf it into it's current iteration was a little off of the cuff... sorta like a knee jerk reaction.

Now the fall out has begun--while survivor mains may see this as a god-send... it's the killer mains that have to suffer in a game that is so heavily survivor sided, regardless of the reason.

Perhaps the safer more balanced approach, would have been to nerf tool boxes at the time that the new ruin as implemented (even in test server) to determine the impact, as all killers traversal abilities are not the same. The argument that one should utilize the technique of 3-gen or 4-gen strategy to force survivors within a tight cluster goes against the idea that the killers hould be able to play the game from a balanced perspective--Nurse, Billy... Freddy... Spirit... to name a few that have significant map pressure due to map traversal.

Killers that suffer... The Clown and Plague... have to "walk" to have map pressure. Map pressure with the current ruin is necessary as to "make the survivors" get off the gens... however this false narrative approach isn't consistent in practice especially for a 4v1 game.

This was poorly executed, however you do have time to fix it... but you better be quick.

• BulletsNonstop
    BulletsNonstop Member Posts: 364

I really don’t know why people that play killer complain like you do. There are problems on both sides I don’t understand why you sit here and defend one side. Killers are OP in the sense they have so much at their disposal - speed, traps, hook camping etc that sometimes don’t feel designed right and really have a huge impact on each of the 4 survivors experience. It’s really not fun being survivor a lot of the time as a solo player. It feels more like a chore a lot of the time consisting of a bunch of RB and LB interactions. It’s dumb. It’s so much more fun to play killer and you guys are in charge of whether or not the game gets dropped causing survivors to lose their offerings and in some cases, their item + add ons. Who the HELL cares if survivors actually find a way to survive using A particular way that seems effective or get gens done too fast. More often than not some of these killers are just too much and it’s not fun. Trappers need a nerf - too many traps and the second you inevitably walk into one it’s impossible to get yourself out of it. I can see traps injuring you and holding you back for a moment but why are the odds so low to get yourself out of it? So I’m just screwed? Stupid man... those things are everywhere. Bushes where they’re invisible, around tight corners. Doctor - pushing a button and everyone goes mad... really?! That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever had and that’s not fun either. I’m glad you think you’re entitled to killing everyone every time but you’re being inconsiderate to the workload of the survivors and what they endure.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

If trapper is killer no windows are safe until checked. No grass is safe until checked. That is the way you play against him.

Trappers are for the most part DUMB and fast. Mindless zombies that roam with a huge terror radius. Forget the music. Forget all that. Stay on visible paths were you can see. Look down before going to a pallet. Avoid pinch points. Avoid running if you can. I know it sounds easy.

I hate playing against the trapper. Unpredictable and the trap escape chances have been reduced significantly or they are all running the addons.

• BulletsNonstop

I stand by the fact that mostly, KILLERS NEED TO BE NERFED. It’s excessive some of the things they can do and have done to survivors. the map isn’t really always entirely in survivors favor. Trapper needs a nerf👈 His traps don’t need to be ALL over the map. Doctors ability doesn’t need to reveal EVERYONES freaking position at the push of a button AND screw with your skill checks AND force you to stop and get yourself out of it - when I was nowhere even near him (I didn’t even hear a heartbeat - the range oh my)

• BulletsNonstop

I get there’s a way to play against every character. But that’s not good enough man, ONE specific perk, or ONE specific playstyle is easily going to be expected by the killer and not survivor. It should at least tell you who you’re going against then in the lobby. It’s nonsense that killers just get to slay all 4 people for making minor mistakes or none at all. It really is too easy for them sometimes. And we leave with minuscule amount of points and they get to walk out with 20-30K? And they get to decide if the game gets dropped or not? That’s not unbalanced ?

• OrangeJack
    OrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Trapper is one of the weakest killers. He's an m1 killer and you just have certain loops denied. Dead hard and a whole load of perks counter him. Who do you consider to be a balanced killer exactly?

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

A good killer relied on Ruin to make the game a fun experience.

Proof is the current state of the game.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428

Stop playing with your elite SWF death squad and you'll realize the game isn't like that at all for the average player

• BulletsNonstop

It’s just not fun man, it’s so depleting going in and killers are just being too efficient. Can’t even play as a lone survivor because the other 3 randoms just get wrecked a lot of the time. You should never get caught unless it’s really your fault as a survivor. Traps are invisible, Doctor has insane range. Killers are too fast and I stand by that until I see some change. They don’t need to slay everyone on the map or leave us laying on the ground to

bleed out because they have their points and we risk not getting any if we back out or sit here and waste time watching ourselves bleed out. It’s just excessive on so many levels. People that play killer should just be fortunate to have 1 kill maybe 2. They don’t need to slay whole lobbies with ease like I’m watching happen. Regardless of what rank you think I am, I really do think they can be a bit much

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Yeah, and getting sacrificed should brick your computer. Since we're clearly talking nonsense here. How the ######### would that even work? Stealth killers have the undetectable status which would prevent you from seeing an aura. It would just screw over the non stealth killers in the game.

How about instead if begging for buffs/nerds, you crybaby twats could actually get good at the game?

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

I guess you are a solo player. Yeah, so am i. Its rough for us for some reason. This is how the game was meant to be played though. Solo play with no coms is the way we are meant to play.

I dont want voice coms. I dont use voice coms. Never will. It is cheating. So what i die. I have resigned to that fact that now and have gotten better because of it.

My great skillcheck game is improving vastly and my pathetic attempts at 360's still suck. I wont get too much better than i am now though.

So why do i keep playing? I dont know. This game has a grip on me for some reason even though i DETEST, on both sides, RUNNING IN CIRCLES.

Keep playing. You will get better

• korean_zombie
    korean_zombie Member Posts: 442

The penalty for camping a hook is losing bloodpoints for proximity to a hook, plus the opportunity to earn anymore bloodpoints for using your power, chasing survivors, landing a hit, down, or hook. There is actually an extreme penalty for camping that the killer has voluntarily accepted. Usually a camping killer has accepted defeat and is taking 1 survivor with him. There is no such thing as a 2nd stage insta kill. I think you may be referring to you being hooked as the last survivor. Why would you want to struggle for 30 seconds with no chance of escape?

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited February 2020

So you relied on ruin for every build? Please start looking at players like Otzdarva as an example of what chn be achieved.

Don't get me wrong, even if you pressure every survivor a ton, it's very hard to stop gens from flying, but Ruin never stopped that beyond new players anyway.

New Ruin's RNG is exactly the same, except it now actually rewards you for splitting pressure. But it's a hex, so I'm not likely to use it on anyone but billy unless I'm putting the map offering on; Hawkins has some spots that survivors never find, for example.

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 101

I am a solo survivor and I dont have issues pipping up, dying early or hitting great skill checks with or without a potato team or ruin. Pre ruin nerf consisted of an occasional camping bubba or a stupid good nurse smacking you in 2 minutes but it also consisted of spooky myers players, no radius ghost faces just following you around and making it interesting. I played 4 games as spirit after work today, and got 4k in 3 of them against red rank survivors. I hook 1 and 3 gens auto pop so I move right out of make your choice range, spirit glide, down one and tunnel the other for the one shot, rinse and repeat. Its 0 fun. How ever if I dont play this way, it's a 4 minute game of 0 kills and maybe 3 hooks so again, no fun. I'll adapt but to the dev's, I wont spend a dollar more on this product until it's in a better playing state. My 10 or 20 dollars a month might not be much but how many others feel the same?

• BulletsNonstop

I mean, to be honest you should totally fine only getting one guy maybe 2. Playing killer is fun regardless if you get 0,1 or all 4. You get mad points too. A lot of times if I’m the one that gets caught I’m just like this is really inconsiderate of everyone else because of hook camping or some weird glitch where I’m unable to repeatedly tap A during the struggle stage of being hooked and it instantly kills me. The game is like here’s 5 thousand points for being the decoy see ya. Like I said it should be more viable for at least half to escape on a consistent basis. If you’re allowed to squad wipe consistently as a killer like I’ve seen in some of these lobbies then that really means that it’s sort of lopsided. I mean, trappers traps need to go down in numbers. There’s only 4 people so why are there 100s of traps laying around? Nonsense. I say ONLY 4 because for what killers can do and the ease it is to find people you’re lucky they can’t stun lock you or fight back in any way. It’s just a bully attitude a lot of killer players have. Like I don’t enjoy spending money on a game where killers just feel entitled to getting everyone every time. I understand It’s a little competitive, hell I feel I want to be competitive playing it too, but Jesus dude is it really that serious to hook camp when it’s almost inevitable you’re going to get caught at some point? Let him get unhooked and play hide and go seek again. It just sucks the fun out of the game. I think the survivors working on gens need a repair speed boost if killer is within a certain small radius of a hooked survivor, this hopefully would prevent killer from being too close which would give rescuers a chance to unhook and get away. Play the game the way it’s meant to be played quit being lazy and go find another unsuspecting victim!

• BulletsNonstop

People that say killers need buffs are just power hungry fun suckers 😢

• BulletsNonstop

No at the start of the game I’ve been hooked, unhooked right away, thrown back on the hook and then entity arms come out, I hit A repeatedly to struggle and it auto kills me. I’m telling you it’s a glitch or something. The game screws me over hard... it’s not fun having little to no chance sometimes. Killers can be a little too efficient and I’ve played enough games to know what balance is and killers don’t really need to make a big deal if they can’t slay every single survivor all the time. I have no problem with a lot of the killers. Speed, excessive amounts of traps (trapper), doctors range, and the combination of being invisible while having zero heartbeat indicator (Wraith) is not really fun. There’s not even a delay between uncloaking and hitting because I’m pretty sure there’s a perk for that.

• BulletsNonstop

That’s just rude. I speak on behalf of my experience playing a game I also spent my hard earned money on too and people can’t even acknowledge it or deflect the issue as if it’s a joke.

• BulletsNonstop

or they can just fix the game so that killers don’t become so efficient that people don’t want to play anymore. You’re lucky you don’t queue up for a match and hear crickets at the campfire waiting for survivors to show up. I’m telling you, killer players get to walk out with 10s of thousands of points more than survivors and killers goin sit here and complain about things 😂 how about the guy that played decoy trying to give the killer a good run and walks out after being hook camped with 5000 bloodpoints after spending 1 hour trying to find a game?

• Danielgdp3

No not everyone has to be or is a good killer, but complaining about the game has no meaning if you are just naturally bad at it anyway

• BulletsNonstop

there are really good teams of survivors out there . Good players on both sides. I’m saying there are some things that are excessive and just not fun. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having to actually go out and get your kills. Not pushing a button and everyone’s position is revealed on the map because you’re playing doctor and that’s what he does for you. Or trapper littering the ground with traps so once it ensnares someone you might as well let him take you because good luck getting out of it on your own. It’s ridiculous

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60

My god are survivor mains self pretentious and over privileged. Sigh.

• BulletsNonstop

Has nothing to do with being privileged. Very contradictory I think. Like I said the game should be designed more around being undetectable. Like why are spirits and wraiths uncloaking and getting off first hit so fast around corners 😂 it’s just deflating as a player. It’s nice coming into a game and killer sends me a message before the match even starts saying “don’t worry I’ll let you live” ... ummm... okay? I mean... I thought i was coming in here to get these done but apparently you’ve already decided we lost 🤷‍♂️ Killers sending me messages saying “ I was teaching you a lesson “ by letting me bleed out on the floor . Okay.... I mean it’s not fun some of the things I’m experiencing playing it.

• BulletsNonstop

what A joke 😂 people come in here and call me a privileged survivor main. I’m only stating what issues ive experienced that dont make the game fun. How is that acting privileged? I can’t say that coming into a game and seeing teammates go down with ease because there’s 1000s of trapper traps everywhere that don’t allow you to remove it with ease like it should. You’re injured, you’ve been stopped momentarily for an animation, so.... why is there little chance of breaking the animation to get away just to probably walk into another that’s 2 feet away? Might as well let him take me 😂 why is doctors inflict madness ability range excessive as all hell? These are things that don’t make sense and are frankly not making the game any fun. They are issues that I think should be resolved. I mean, as a player you’re not entitled to killing ALL 4 people just as ALL 4 of us are not entitled to surviving. But to see people backing out I think the frustration is there. And yet you sit here defending what little abilities you can abuse to leave matches with 20-30K points a game while some survivors only get 0-10K points when... they were just doing what is asked of them. Repairing generators and attempting to avoid detection. I’m sorry... was there a perk that allows me to see cloaked killers that I missed somewhere?

this is as bad as trying to get republican votes to impeach trump. Horrible.

• Danielgdp3

It doesn't let you see them but spine chill let's you know they're coming. And doctors static blast is terror radius affected so if they run perks that alter that it will seem huge but that's part of the doctors play. The thought that people 'abuse' these things to you is absurd they are just playing the game.

• BulletsNonstop

i Can agree that this game requires teamwork to counter some of the complaints. But remember my argument is not that the ability or item shouldn’t exist, it’s that the radius and amount needs not to exceed certain levels that pretty much guarantee detection every single time. Rather, abilities and traps should be Strategically used or placed and not just spammed or be overused.

• BulletsNonstop

It’s not absurd .. spine chill isn’t enough, give me an aura of the killer too. You don’t need to be invisible without a heartbeat or catch people off guard so quickly without being able to defend yourself if hook camping becomes the next thing happening to that player. Not only that but there is a bug out there where 2nd stage struggles become insta kills. It’s just not fun man, gave me a good scare and a little chase but killers should be penalized a little bit more for camping and some things need to be taken down a notch. Radius and amount of trapper traps. It’s just excessive. I’ve played a lot of competitive balanced games and that’s not balanced at all.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

we get it you play at POTATO ranks where any killer with any perk will pub stomp but instead of trying to improve any aspect of your gameplay you just whine about everything and ... even about wraith

i can only hope you are just a troll and that you dont actually play as badly as all the posts you have put in this thread would seem to suggest

• Danielgdp3

The whole point of the killers power is to be unseen so no a perk that overrides that just makes that killer worthless. You can run object of obsession but that won't let you see stealth killers all the time. And no the fact you want to remove the trappers traps which I believe there's only like 6-8 in a match and he has to go pick them up is absurd I'm sorry mate

• BulletsNonstop

why do you get so upset? Im glad it’s fun for the killer. Like I said I get that being cloaked is part of being a killer. But being cloaked without a heartbeat? Element of surprise is clearly there. But life as a survivor and staying undetected can be too short and being chased is not fun because he will catch you unless you pallet loop or run laps in a specific area? Nah... Stun mechanics should be installed. Complaining about DS is something I never want to hear 😂 you guys are lucky there’s not more ways to stun (other than fire crackers) like a melee weapon or something. There’s a way to have no delay between uncloaking and swinging your weapon so how is that fair 😂 it’s literally instant. And some can down you in one hit. Then hook camp? I’m not trolling stop acting like a child. You sound like one.

• Danielgdp3

Yeah it probably does because depending on the skill of the trapper they set them up at places survivors will often run too

• BulletsNonstop

its pretty sad man that this game really doesn’t give you a chance sometimes as a survivor. I spawn in and the killer is right there in our face and everybody’s down 😂 why is spawning as far from the killer as possible an offering and not just automatic?

• BulletsNonstop

Can anyone explain that to me? Survivors do have quite a bit of work on their hands so why don’t they put the killer somewhere to give people time to actually play? Just asking.

• BulletsNonstop

One down. Backed out 😔. Oh another? 😢 Like I’d rather just back out too I guess. Please do something about map design, spawn points and killer abilities. I thought I could spawn in and venture out sometimes 😂 I....iguess I was wrong

• Danielgdp3

The reason survivors don't automatically spawn furthest away from the killer is because if they always did then killer would just have to go to the other end of the map because they know exactly where the survivors would spawn

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

Ruin gave killers time in the early game to gain map pressure. Especially killers who don't have travel or teleport powers.

Early game pressure is extremely important, and the devs have literally design maps around the fact that ruin existed in its former state, allowing them to growlarger and alrger because ruin was a thing and could hold off even top level players for a few precious moments while the killer traversed the map.

Now that there isn't anything that does that as well, the game's balance has been completed destroyed. All it takes is a bit of logic to see how changing ruin without changing everything that was balanced around it can ruin the game.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607