Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

-The frustration of playing killer in high ranks

-I quit the game for 2-3 weeks and as tome 2 got released i have tryed doc for the quest,im not new to doc,i know the changes and played him for a while,i got queued with some randos,i guess they are not premade,but i go blind,expecting a chill game,no ruin,only pop,and the game goes flying,by the end survivors got out bodyblocking each other to get out,i guess the game took 4 minutes tops.The game is not fun,the fun part of playing killer was that u can challenge urself into fighting the survivors as a equal to them,but its not even that anymore,u can see the unfairness,i get that low lever survivors are getting slaughtered in games,ive seen streams of new ppl and i get why nerfing the survivors makes their games awful,but high rank survivor skill sealing its too high,there needs to be a nerf that only hith the high ranks.There needs to be.make gens slowner only on red ranks,make borrow time work only 2-3 times a game,make the gens unusable for 40 seconds after one is completed,i dont know,i wanna play the game,but im sick of being frustrated.WhAt AbOuT u GeT gUd???HoW aBoUt UsEiNg MeTa PeRkS aNd Add-ONS??if the most powerfull killer can have his skill sceling cut down because he won too many games and survivors cryed enough, same for high lv survivor squads.Until then il go play Civ 6,because the solution the devs its to play other games.

Comments

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Killers face high ranks as there are fewer killers not bad matchmaking.

SWF Comms is a huge balance issue but not for BHVR

Simples

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Wonder why there isn't enough killers going around? Maybe because they get shafted all the time.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

"I'm a red rank and I 4k all the time". Well, 3/4 of the times actually, and at least 5/8 are just some low ranks. I have no problem beating majority of my games, but when I play against people of my own rank they give me a beating. I blame myself for being careless and underline my own mistakes, but then I remember that due to inconsistency of matchmaking I can't really have a balanced game, so it's hard for me to practice against strong people. I don't have any warm feelings towards SWFS, they break the game in two ways: strong teams render presence pressure impossible (they can tell when it's safe all the time due to coms), while weak teams pull baby players into the match. But now here's also that: I often see randoms that get matched way out of rank (they report it in post-game chat). So that's basically when those bloated kill rate numbers come from, my guess. Do you remember that even against SWFs there's 57% kill rate in high ranks? So "technically" killers need all those nerfs to balance out random matchmaking.

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

18 out of 35 games so far were 4k's

6 3k's

1 2k

5 1k

4 0k

i started this when i was rank 11 surv

Seeing the same numbers as rank 6 killer

As much as i hate to say it considering that killer is a pita. They need more nerfs. I am sorry.. But they are toostrong at least when a solo is involved

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I've stopped caring about playing optimally. I just play to have fun. I'll bring in the most meme builds Bloodpoints can buy!

Obviously what I find fun is different than you, or the next person, and the person after that etc... Personally, I find it's easier to not care about getting the 4K or escaping from matches as Survivor every game.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Lol

Killers win most games. I see green rank killers win games against red ranks all the time. Red ranks are so watered down that its meaningless now.

I either die because I get chased all game allowing the others to do gens but then nobody comes to rescue me when NOED kicks in, or I don’t get hooked but then die due to EGC being killer sided. Good survivors are few and far between.

Every game now its a green rank killer absolutely demolishing a red rank team. Red ranks that only get 7k points a game because they’re boosted as hell.

New rank reset has destroyed the game.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Finally someone else who can see hard stats and doesnt base the game on their feelings.

Killer can be stressful but yeah you still win most. Solo survivor is almost impossible to escape. You need 4 good players and the chances of getting that without swf is incredibly slim.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Although I agree, I have to admit I often am a little harsh on myself if I make a mistake and cost myself a 4k or escape. Just naturally competitive I guess :/

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

If you're playing in the higher ranks, then you may as well become a meta-slave or just practice one specific thing so much that you have unrivalled skills in an area that nobody really knows how to beat.

Other than that, just wait out a couple of resets and go back towards low Green. Worked for me!

• Mo4ntus
    Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416

when you say you start rank 11 you're the low level they are balancing for.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599
    edited February 2020

Hey, my numbers also confirm high kill rates, so nothing to be sorry about. With killer rank kill rates only go higher because you still get wide variety of ranks, but being red means other ranks can be only lower than you.

So questions is what actually wrong with the killer? This role is hard and frustrating. Is it broken matchmaking that makes you feel like easy matches just dont count as played ones due to noobs being involved? Games go too fast applying too much stress? Maybe hooking isnt rewarding enough? Should emblem count hooks and focus on kills less? Maybe 2k isnt a golden middle to go for (since it feels like its just slipped away 4k because you apply the same amount of effort), or scoring should be changed?

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

While the game is unbalanced I simply stopped playing because

Solo survivor is too boring, while swf makes the game way too easy

Killer is too damn stressful to play, and I don't like going into a match just have it end in 5 minutes and I don't wanna get burned out playing the same high tier killers

• fleshbox
    fleshbox Member Posts: 494

In todays game if i get a 2k at purple i feel like i won on some games. Other games with well coordinated teams most likely using coms i am lucky to get even one.

As killer from 16 to 9 i pretty much 4kd my way there. But as soon as i hit purples there was a wall and it became way harder. I think i can go further than that but i dont want to as it is a total sweatfest of pressure i do not want to subject myself to. One mistake can cost you not only the game but any kills that you might get. This is against good teams that is. The ones that never carry team aura perks like bond or empathy yet always know where their team mates are. I wonder why?

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60

Game is off putting nowadays, I've been playing less and less. It should be more difficult as you get to red ranks, not easier.

Need to address that games take too little time