Why am I a rank 9 killer going againt rank 1 survs ?

I genuinely don’t understand ok I’ll admit sometimes I get fair matchmaking but only in the morning and early afternoon after that I’m paired against all the sweaty red ranks ( good ones ) not the rank 4s -5s that are perpetually stuck there

Not my photo but just gonna leave this here lmao

the new mmr better not be like this I stg lol

Comments

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Well why is there a shortage in killers now? Back in December and November my matchmaking was fine I could play as green rank killer and get matched with green rank survivors

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Because according to them, they're doing a pReTty gOoD jOb sO fAr...

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

because someone can't implement a proper matchmaking after 3 years

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

and we all saw this coming... except BHVR it seems.

First, while not everyone followed through their threat to quit playing killer a lot did. Secondly, it is easier to get and stay red rank as survivor than killer. I say this as someone who “does better,” as killer but am still purple compared to being a potato survivor and being red.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Incorrect logic. Queue times are affected by matchmaking, which is stretched when there are too many survivors in one rank compared to killers.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

One thing is they changed the rank reset for God knows what reason. So now it is even easier to just stay in red ranks as survivor. I also have to assume that the ruin change did drive off some people from playing as there is no denying it has gotten worse since the change.

I'm rank 1 killer. No matter when I play killer I get red rank survivors. I am also rank 1 survivor. If i play in the morning or afternoon I get red rank killers. When I play in the evening the highest ranked killer I will get is a 9. It is not fun for anyone. I know the killer doesn't enjoy a game where they are lucky to get 1 hook and us survivors don't enjoy waiting 10 minutes for a game that offers no challenge at all. But it seems like the way it's going to be as the only thing the devs have said on the subject is they are changing to some magical MMR system that nobody will know how it works and they are removing rank from the end game screen.

So to summarize they are doing nothing but removing the ranks from end game screen and telling everyone the MMR is working as it should and that you just had a bad game.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Actually the new MMR is going to become even more like this. Killer/Survivor ranks are going to become entirely based on how long you have played that month, while MMR is going to dictate who you face each match. So I imagine we are going to even see many more matches of level 20 killers/survivors vs rank 1-4's.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

I got back after a 2 month break of playing killer and was around rank 13. I was immediately matched with rank 1-3 survivors. Is it really THAT hard to match people up with people around their own rank?

It must just be because nobody is playing killer. :-/

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Welcome to Dead by Daylight, where nothing in this game works!

(This is a joke)

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Yes, it is that hard because there are very few survivors in green/purple ranks. It is extremely easy to rank up as survivor and the new rank reset made things worse.

The problem is not exactly because of a shortage of killers, it's because there are too many survivors in red ranks.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

I can tell its not better to be matched as survivors with 3 ranks 17 when your red .. lol

• Shi
    Shi Member Posts: 156

Many red rank killers have disappeared from this game. Survivals in red rank wait longer than before.

• BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108

you will encounter more unwinnable matches. the chases are longer in the beginning because of the amount of unused pallets. most games revolve around the 2 gen mid-game. just accept the fact that half the time you will have zero chance.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Well, I guess new killers have more problems as just the earlie game.

Should the rumors are true and ranks will not be shown with 1 of the next patches, I bet, even more people will either leave, or join survivors.

At least now, killers can find an excusment, or a explanation why the game has run so bad, if they see the ranks of their opponents.

To have absolut no answer to that question can be for some people devastating.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

You nailed it on all your points, but what is broken about toolboxes? Are they bugged now too?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

People came through on their promise to quit Killer after all of the nerfs and the matchmaking system is supposed to look for players within six ranks of you.

I can guarantee that BHVR somehow never saw this coming.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Im not entirely sure myself but it's such an issue that the devs said they were looking into it. So it has to be big. I think because ruin is gone, toolboxes can repair gens insanly fast. Otz(whatever his name is) posted a video recently about it. It's on these forums.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Yeah it’s no bug, just without it Ruin toolboxes are even stronger in a way. Just solo if I take one I feel bad for the killer because a gen is done before the first chase, if the other people work on gens (IF) then usually 2 gens done. So I stopped bringing them unless I have a challenge or daily.

BHVR called everyone’s bluff, thinking everyone was just whining and overdramatizing the Ruin nerf... and more importantly the wording on the post that made it very clear that they are much more concerned about survivor experience than killer.

Turns out for a large number of people it wasn’t a bluff. I think they’re probably actually panicking right now figuring out how to right this ship before that lose players altogether.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Yeah, ruins creation was to address the issue of gens get done too fast because the killer cant pressure 4 people at once. It barely helped the issue but it was something. Then its like the devs forgot why they made the perk in the first place. Now that its gone they're probably like "Oh, that's why we made it"

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Seems that they took the idea of "reward killers with more Bloodpoints for versing SWF" and secretly implemented something similar.

90% of my Daily Rituals are for the Killer, including re-rolls. Seems that if I want extra Bloodpoints I have to play a role that I don't currently want to play because I too get matched against red ranks at rank 8 to 9 and have stopped playing Killer.