Tunneling and Camping

2»

Comments

• BaroneMaximus
    BaroneMaximus Member Posts: 474

whats a necro :O

• WARW0LF
    WARW0LF Member Posts: 200

they should change the name to tunnel by daylight, a vast majority of games have tunneling killers, this game gets real boring and they have the audacity to add a dc penalty, i bought every DLC and spend a lot of money of this garbage fire only to be shafted.

bethesda are better than these greedy #########

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

LOL.

Sure, right after doing gens and looping becomes bannable.

• BaroneMaximus

Thats a gameplay mechanic :\ tunneling and camping is geniunely for toxic reasons

• BaroneMaximus

if you mean gen rushing, it's unbalanced, it's way different then tunneling and camping. You do gens because it's your goal, tunneling and camping is nothing toward your goal cause you are meant to kill people AND defend gens, if you camp and tunnel you are neither doing one nor the other

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    edited August 2020

Tunneling and camping doesn't go toward the objective killers have to...kill survivors?

Okay. SURE there bud.

Your entitlement is showing. You are only meant to kill people. Gens defense is merely a byproduct of that goal - being that you will find survivors at, and chase them off gens. If gen defence was a core "goal", killing people when all the gens have already been done would be impossible.

Just stop. You're wrong. Quit before you make yourself look worse.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

The original post and the following discussion stopped in February.

Now it's August and you brought this thread back into the "recent discussions" (back to life, making you the necromancer).

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,154

Well he is a bit right in certain scenarios.

First the aforementioned unsafe unhook. An example from my experience.

I personally make it my playstyle to actively avoid to camp or tunnel. Meaning I hook everybody 2 times before I start killing and I immediately leave the hook EVEN when I don't see anybody with BBQ. Which is the only meta perk I regularly use for the extra bp. But as soon as I hear the unhook, everyone is free game for me. So if I see both survivor at the same distance/still at the hook I actively go for the unhooker aka the not injured one.

I think going for the unhooked survivor would not be tunneling if you have the same or better chance to hit them. If the injured survivor is far away and the unhooker is an easier target, then I would call it "dirty" tunneling to just pass them and go for the injured survivor even with the possibility of a longer chase.

But again when the unhooked is an easier or same chance target, it is just logical to go for them. This results in one survivor (the unhooked) being on the floor, a second (unhooker) being in a chase and maybe a third coming to pick the first up.

So 3 survivor not doing gens vs 3 actively doing gens (experienced survivor don't heal to repair gens) results in way more map pressure.

Also camping during egc is a matter for itself, where I think Camping is valid and survivor perk combinations of DS/ub/bt and bodyblocking for each other get unhealthy amounts of value.

• BaroneMaximus

I play the exact same way. Also the EGC camp is basically must, but in that case is just forced by greater forces. When i talked about camping, i was talking about people that actually used camping as their own playstyle, startint to camp at 5 gens on their first hook :\ And this is what i believe it should be bannable, because in that case you CHOOSE to be toxic toward someone, you are not forced from anyting. You could look for other people or defend and patrol gens, instead you decide to wait for unhookers and try to slug everyone for the 4ks.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited August 2020

And your point is what? Look buddy, it is pointless to gripe about camping or to try and define what is or isn't camping. We have Killers who can "camp" the hook from the other side of the map. They literally can walk away (and do) on purpose so someone will come up and they can teleport back. Don't blame those Killers can't hide what they are doing. You should be grateful for any "tells" you get.

Most people simply hit whom them can hit. I get accused of Tunneling whether I do it or not. I take the first victim I close the distance with. I do this whether I know they were unhooked, have DS, or whatever. In my opinion, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I let them get their DS over with and move on. My strategy is that I'm not strategic. If you get in front of me, you get hit.

Killers have nothing to apologize for whatsoever. I will tunnel, camp, or mori you if it serves me winning the game. In most cases, tunneling or camping will not be a benefit. You pick and choose those times. I'm so sick of hearing people whine or winge or try to define good versus bad. We come and play hard. All I ask is:

1. Do not use hacks or lag spikes to cheat.
    2. Play the game to the end. If you start it; finish it.
    3. Do not be salty before or after the game. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Smack talk is for close friends, not people you meet on the internet.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

The devs have directly referenced camping and tunneling in the game rules, are you suggesting that they don't maintain objectivity in their game rules? I didn't think so.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I mean they are just words. What is "tunneling" for you might not be that to someone else. There is no right or wrong.

• thelittlemonsters
    thelittlemonsters Member Posts: 97

If the unhooker gets downed during the animation and the killer goes after you, I wouldn’t call it tunneling.

I’d call it maximizing pressure.

• BaroneMaximus

If are there when someone is unhooking, i'm afraid to say that you are camping (or he had a really bad timing on going for the save when you were going back from patrolling gens) in that case i usually try to down them both and hook the unhooker, but that's not a mistake i made, that' on them. But this is not the camping on first person i mentioned, is when a killer literally stands near the hook and don't moves at all waiting for the unhooker

• BaroneMaximus

I just camped and tunneled the basement on the first hook. All depipped, nobody had fun, low points. So, is there anyone that seriously believe that this is a sort of gameplay?? Because if so, i really don't get why they paid for this game :\

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Imo if the killer automatically goes after the unhooked survivor...that's a form of tunneling. It's a good tactic but it's horribly unfun to play against as a survivor.