The only way developers make this game great as much as top10 games

Play your own damn game BOTH killers and survivors AT A TOP TIER RANK MATCH.

Really simple yet clearly can tell you guys haven't played much.

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Do the developers of the "top ten" games you're referring to play their game at elite level?

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

What would this change?

• flsl216
    flsl216 Member Posts: 21

they at least try to reference from the perspective of the players who are "experts" at the game rather than people who complains at the game than trying to improve themselves to the top level. That is for sure no doubt.

• flsl216

Lots of problem they are facing. One big thing is the amount of players discouraged to play the game from various reasons that they have right now. And they are generally people who just started to play this game or have put in some hundreds of hours playing the game. The less people are discouraged to play the more players that will stay to play this game which means the number of players will rise in tremendous amount. And that will fix matchmaking issues which branches out to lots of problems in all the games.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

There are so many players being "high rank" that do not understand anything in this game and just being obsessed with one role, even some of those so called fogwhisperers. So playing this game in high ranks wont change anything.

• flsl216
    edited February 2020

I agree that there are lots of people at high ranks that are not good but there are still players who have over thousands of hours out there so some games at that tier are still very worth for the developers to experience against them for lots of games. But I do get what you mean.

Post edited by flsl216 on
  • Fibijean

You're disproving your own point. If those developers can create successful, well-balanced games just by listening to the opinions of the top players without playing at elite level themselves, then obviously it's not necessary for developers to be good at their own game in order to balance it.

• flsl216

Apparently no matter how reasonable the ideas of elite players are, they won’t rely on it at all. And that is where I felt they need to play their own actual game at a top tier level consistently. Of course all the devs shouldn’t and can’t apply everything out of each individual player’s mind, but they definitely have to have a point where they are able to share rational ideas which are so valuable that they cannot be rejected. So yeah I am approving my point thank you very much.

• Fibijean

Your point was that the "only way" for the devs to make their game as good as these other games you're thinking of is to play it themselves. Which we've now agreed is not true, because that's not what makes those other games good. So according to what you've now established, what the developers actually need to do isn't play their game more, but listen to the opinions of those who do.

• flsl216
    edited February 2020

My point of the "only way" is for the developers to play their games themselves in high tier for them to agree and understand the same core issue the players go through. And I said in a way they really need to play their own game because they clearly show they don't understand what needs to be done with their game which are the things MAJORITY of the elite players are not satisfied with. I said devs can't apply EVERYTHING out of each individual player's ideas as some may be too subjective. And as far as I know the games that are very popular today do listen to the opinions to those who do and apply things that really have to be as they smartly understand what and why they are. And therefore for them, they do not need an action for themselves to make a good rational thought even if they don't play the game as much and good as them. But it is very obvious dbd devs really do need to.

• Fibijean

You're not listening to me. If the DBD devs were to listen to their players more, then by your logic they wouldn't need to play the game at high ranks themselves, just like those other developers who don't. Therefore, you're effectively saying that playing the game themselves is not the only solution - listening to their players is also an option, and a better one apparently, since that's what the developers of all these "top" games do.

• flsl216
    edited February 2020

They are not listening because they don't think the need to. But there is the need to. And the reason for that is clearly because they don't have enough experience in high tier games and cannot understand the importance of the feedback coming from it. Therefore I said the "only way" for them (THE DBD DEVS not OTHER GAME DEVS) to realize is to play their games themselves as in hyperbole to exaggerate that they really need to. Because that will improve the game quality heaps better like those top 10 games today. You really know what I intend and so does everyone else, you don't need to go around online and try and be a lawyer which you never can with that level of understanding :)

• Fibijean

I was trying to encourage you to say what you mean instead of making the opposite point and then calling it hyperbole, because that's not a compelling argument. But since you've now resorted to personal attacks, I'd say that's a good spot to end the conversation.

• flsl216
    edited February 2020

Was not an opposite point at all as anyone can see. It was one point leading to another. So no need of your encouragement when you are the one who couldn't understand overall meaning of the words. There is nothing that I have stated that I took it as personal attack its just your personal interpretation of every words the whole time.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

There is no discouragement of players playing, the number of players are pretty constant between 22-23k for the last 4 month.

And "you don't need to go around online and try and be a lawyer which you never can with that level of understanding" or "its just your misunderstanding the whole time" is a personal attack, just FYI