Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The team is actively investigating reports of outages affecting all platforms.

How to

How can i create a new Discussion?

Best Answer

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited February 2020 Answer ✓

@inbiergebaden

You do the same thing you did here in the General Discussions forum. Click on the bright red box that says "New Discussion" and than pick " New Discussion" and not "Ask a question" in the tab that comes out, if you just click the box itself than it'll create a Discussion by default. The only difference between the two is that you can accept answers from commentors when you click "Ask a question" while "New Discussion" just makes a normal discussion.

Some other sub-forums might have different options like "Create a Poll" and etc, but that's strictly towards that sub-forum and separated from other sub-forums that don't use polls for example, like this one, this sub-forum is mostly for questions while the "General Discussions" sub-forum under the tab "Discussions" is where most of the conversations happen on The DBD Forums.

That's basically it, it's pretty much the same thing you did here but in the General Discussions sub-forum. If you need more info on how to post, quote people, etc, than click the link below to the forums guide.

here's a better explanation below

[Here's the link to the Forum Guide]:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95/forum-guide#latest

This guide will go over what I said above and some more things you might want to know, i'd personally click that link to get a better explanation.

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

In addition to the above, it's also worth noting that you can start discussions, create polls and ask questions in most subforums, it's just that there are particular ones, like "Ask The Community", where you can only do one of those things.

Also, try to pick the correct subforum to put your topic. You can put it in "General Discussions" if you're not sure, and the mods will move it if it's not in the right place, but if it's a suggestion for the game, for example, put it in "Feedback". Just because it cuts down on the mods' workload if people post in the correct categories to begin with.