Am I Just Unlucky or is There More to This?

Whenever I equip borrowed time I always end up going against killers that it doesn't really work on (Freddy, stealth killers in general). Does this kind of thing happen to anyone else?

Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

There's definitely not more to it, mechanically. The killer has no way of knowing what perks you're bringing in advance, so they can't deliberately choose a killer to counter them. They might expect Borrowed Time, because it's a meta perk, but they have no way of knowing when you have it equipped and when you don't.

There might also be an element of cognitive bias to it, in that the occasions where you get frustrated over not being able to use BT against a certain killer stick out more sharply in your memory than the times when you are able to use it, so it seems in retrospect like it's happening more often than it is.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Borrowed time is not always going to come in handy. Its a situational perk just like ds or unbreakable and many others. The reason these three are used the most out of all the situational perks is because they come in handy the most. A lot of killers like to camp, a lot like to tunnel and a lot like to slug. But there will also be a lot of games where they wont be used at all. Sometimes I'll go 5+ games in a row where BT was never needed because the killer always left the hook or they used some kind of stealth to counter it.