NOED is not a "training wheels" or a "baby killer" perk...NOED is not an issue... Want to debate?

Options
2»

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

We can agree to disagree, sure.

Thankfully, it’s just your opinion.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

I like finishing arguments like this when people just won't understand logic and numbers

• BubbaSawyerMeats
    BubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108
    Options

the game is balanced around certain speeds and rates. NOED breaks that balance entirely and gives the killer a massive advantage. Its almost a guaranteed activation and it requires little to no strategy. I rarely use it because I also play survivor and have empathy for those that out play the killer for 5 gens and get killed on first hook because of a totem. but for the end game collapse sacrifices RIFT its essential.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

Noed rewards the killer for not completing their objective before survivors complete 86% of theirs, and 86% is when all generators are done and the two doors still need to be powered to escape. It's just showcasing a killer's lack of confidence in completing their objective rather than being a baby killer perk.

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

So... If I already have a 3k, hatch spawns, I close it and down the survivor opening a gate with 3 lights already, that's a "reward for not completing my objective?

Let me tell you another example, I open gates as Freddy, down one guy, hook, Blood Warden activates, and the carnage begins, it's usually a 4k for me. That's rewarding me for not completting my objective? Even when I clearly have an end game build with Rancor, NOED and BW?

• Liisjak
    Liisjak Member Posts: 40
    Options

It's a second chance perk like DS, adrenaline, etc...that can be countered before it even activates. God forbid giving killers 2nd chance perks.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    Options

I'm referring more to killers who rely on it overabundantly, more than other perks like blood warden. Overall it just feels irritating when the killer plays like trash the whole game and then manages to rely on their noed to apply pressure near the endgame while relying solely on that insta down perk.

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169
    Options

Noed is why I run small game. It takes me about two minutes to go around the map and cleanse. I'll never truly understand why it's so hard to some people.

Sadly, I feel most survivors are too set in the ways of doing gens and not using non-meta perks. That, and it's probably because they get punished for doing what they believe is their only objective. Can see why someone would be annoyed.

There's also the fact it's used often by newer killers, typically because they haven't unlocked any other perks yet, so it's a sort of stereotype in a way, "Noed is only run by baby killers." Not gonna lie, I honestly associate it with beginner killers and tend to shy away from the perk even though I know that the perk itself is fine.