Getting back at toxic teammates story time!

Let's all share stories around the campfire!

So we've all had games where one of the other survivors screwed us over. Sometimes accidentally (one of my friends is good at bodyblocking me by accident at pallets or windows), but also sometimes on purpose. Getting back at those who do it on purpose is always sweet.

I was playing against a Huntress with two friends and a random Dwight.

During the game, I went to hide in a locker because she was chasing someone around. The Dwight tried going in my locker, but I closed the door on him because, you know, it's my locker, go find your own! But the little **** kept going at it over and over, until Anna showed up and saw him. He ran off and I got grabbed from the locker, but she let me wiggle off before going, because she knew he did that on purpose and wouldn't have had reasons to look into that locker otherwise. Friends and I are fuming, what a ****.

Fast-forward a few minutes later. I see Dwight working on a generator by himself, so I decide to go work on a different one, no way I'm working with that guy. On my way to a different generator, I stumble upon Anna. I motion at her to follow me, turn around, and point at the Dwight's generator. She makes a beeline straight for him, chases him a bit and he ends up hooked.

My friends and I were talking over Discord, and we all agreed he should just die there for what he tried to pull on me.. but I decided to be even more petty and went to his hook, started the unhook animation, let go, started again, let go, teabagged, partially unhooked again, then just ran off and left him to die.

Game ends (forgot if I actually survived or not) and Dwight threatens to report me for doing that. "Good, 'cause I also reported you for what you tried to pull on me, and so did my friends, good thing Anna saw through your scheme", and even the killer told them over chat that it's their own fault for being a dick and trying to ######### a teammate over.

The end.

Comments

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,842

I had a teammate let my friend and I die because we didn’t save them from the hook. The reason for that was because the killer was in between us and the hook while the other player was on their way. Unfortunately her pettiness cost us the game.

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149

I had a guy once who farmed me, unhooking me while the killer was standing right there and the killer just kept hooking me instead of going for them. Personally if I was killer and saw someone trying to farm I would go for the farmer. At the end of the game this guy goes "LOL I did that on purpose" and they had no reason. Apparently they couldn't understand that they were ruining the game for other people even if they gained enjoyment from farming me themselves.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

He opened and closed the locker quite a few times while waiting for the killer to come see what was making that noise. He definitely did it on purpose. Yes it was petty, but don't be a dick if you're not prepared to reap what you sow.

• Marcavecunc

Hate people like that.. if you're going to farm hooks, at least bring borrowed time or something..

And if I'm the killer and see someone doing that, I usually try to let the unhooked guy go and chase the unhooker (unless the hooked guy was a toxic bag of dicks, then I'll slug him before chasing the other guy)

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Yes which yeah is a dick move, but then you led the killer to him, do the hook animation, ran off and let him die, maybe just the one payback was enough? o.O

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I like you and how you think. While I agree they were a bit harsh, that Dwight would think twice before trying to screw over a teammate.

I would have just t-bagged him a little at the hook, unhook and then let him heal himself.

• Mushwin

well aw shucks but yes it was a dick move, hey i get it even with swf (looks at groot dude) there is a lil payback, but sometimes can be much...but that's just me....

• AvisDeene

<3

I also love your profile, but that’s probably because I love Claudette too! She has the best voice work and kindest face. Too bad so many toxic people choose her.

• Marcavecunc

Maybe I could have just teabagged a bit and let him live, or just left him to die without even going to his hook at all, but I was pretty pissed at what he had pulled and wanted him to know. And yeah, as Avis said, maybe now he'll think twice about doing something like that again.

Anyway this is story telling time! :)

• Mushwin

i don't think i am toxic, i may spam cornpoppers or treedude lol with invites but we all do that just for the fun, mostly i try and have fun, do what i can, do what i have to and haul ass out of there lol and yes i am a Claudette main and thank you kindly :)

• AvisDeene

It’s not toxic to meme around or tease a little. Toxic is what the dude did in OPs story. Toxic is also wasting the Killers time by waiting for him at the gate, t-bagging until he shows up. Toxic is also when Killers face camp from the start of the match, Unless it’s insidious Bubba, Survivors should just expect that from him and be weary of it from the start. He was basically designed for that play style.

Lots of people just want to have fun in this game. Matchmaking has screwed me a lot so rather than be toxic, I found it fun to protect my totem or basement chest. It’s funny to see a group of Dwights try to distract me while a baby Dweet thinks I can’t hear him sneaking up from behind, trying to get to my Skull Candle. Those are some of the most fun games I’ve had.

• Marcavecunc

Love it when people think you can't hear their footsteps as they run behind me to try to get an unhook right after I turn my back to the hook.. what they don't know is I'll turn my back to the hook BEFORE hooking, whack them in their stupid face for making so much noise, and THEN hook the guy I was carrying and chase the one I whacked ;p

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Had 2 teammates farm one other survivor , sadly he died, and once all gens popped, the killer downed both of them with noed and hooked them. I could have just destroy it and save them but I tbagged them the whole time they were on hook.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Hehehe, this was fun

Back before EGC existed is when this story takes place. I was looping a P3 Michael when playing with a friend and he told me that Claudette was not working on generators, but instead running in circles and emoting in the corner of the map. He told me her location and I did a pro gamer move and ran Michael over to her, pointed at her, and he left me for her. Michael did let me have hatch.

The Claudette messaged me saying she reported me for "Working with the killer", which I know I did, but she deserved it.

• Marcavecunc

Stealing other people's items is a dick move, glad you could get it back before escaping haha

Good for them :D

• Marcavecunc

Haha good job :)

I don't think I ever had games where a survivor actively worked with the killer.. People leading the killer to others on purpose to lose them in chases, yes, but not actually running side by side and then being ######### to prevent people from leaving

• Marcavecunc

Oh yeah really.

I had some games with bad teammates.. and then got matched against them as killer a few games later, and I just knew they had to be the first to die. :)

• AvisDeene
  • Marcavecunc

Good. Wasn't around back when Safe Unhooks weren't a thing, but I can imagine they implemented that to prevent the kind of behavior that David had.. "You want we're gonna live forever stacks? do it when it's safe, or bring borrowed time"

• Xetoil
    Xetoil Member Posts: 94

Today I accidentally sandbagged my teammate in solo queue and then dropped a pallet on her face, causing her to take a hit. I could literally feel her rage through my PC screen, so I ran in circles around her whilst she just stood there (presumably raging IRL), and took the hit for her when the killer followed through.

In the end everyone escaped and I was quick to be like SORRY LAURIE in the post-game chat. We had a laugh about the whole thing, she told me she was raging hard when it happened but then I took the hit for her and she realised it was just a mistake and cooled down haha. Not really a story about getting back at toxic teammates, but it was a good laugh with a stranger.

• Marcavecunc

Good :D

Some people need to learn that mistakes happen. Just because someone leads the killer to you doesn't mean it was done on purpose. Unless they do it over and over, then it's suspicious.

Sometimes the only safe place to run away from the killer happens to be the jungle gym you're in.

• Xetoil
    Xetoil Member Posts: 94

Well said mate, reminds me of another story where a fellow survivor had that kind of sour attitude and sandbagged me for what she thought of as "leading the killer to us". Its not a great story though because it ended with my internet crashing and being forced out of the game. But I heard that she learnt her lesson in the post-game chat where she raged about me only to find that both of her remaining teammates were part of my SWF :)

• Marcavecunc

Haha good.

But yeah some people take this game way too seriously.. it's a game, get over it!

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

This is one of those examples that makes me avoid playing this game. I'm not shaming you for writing this, in fact it's players like that Dwight you referenced that make me tired of dead by daylight. But as a survivor AND killer main, I get bored of facing people like this. I know it's just a game and it shouldn't be taken too seriously but a game is supposed to be about having fun, not ruining it for others.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I was farming as killer once because someone insta dc on the survivors. Adam and Claudette got the message, but Jake went all try hard trying to do the gens and get out before anyone could get any bps. So Adam and Claudette got their unhooks off each other, and I had to hunt Jake down. I hooked him expecting one of the others to unhook him. They spent 3/4 of the egc pretending to unhook and teabagging him while I watched. Then they ran out the exit gate. Did not expect that lol.

• Marcavecunc

Haha

Had a few games like that, on both sides, where it was obvious it was a farming game, but one of the survivors just hid when the killer was nearby, or did generators and then opened the gate and left, while the others weren't even done dropping pallets or whatever else you can do to farm.

Some killers are easier to let people know you want to farm. But I don't understand how some people don't get the universal sign of smacking the generator while carrying someone and dropping them a few times so they can get back up.. had a survivor once get pissed because the killer was farming because someone disconnected "play the game like normal!" "well someone disconnected it's hardly a normal game, I want to maximize my points and not feel like I wasted my time"

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889

"Best voicework"

Are you joking?

Jake?

David?

Ace?

Meg?

Laurie?

Even Ash "groovy boi" Williams himself?

• joker7997

Players like this know what they're doing, they dont like farming because for them its try super hard or die, I messaged the one that died and said they must have done that because we were farming and you wouldn't farm, he literally said yeah I know I dont like playing that way so I'm good with it. I dont farm much, not even for dc survivors anymore, maybe for daily's on a killer that I just prestiged or a rift challenge, but people like this that you can drop twice while whacking a gen and run off and try hard, I kill them, it pisses me off.

• Marcavecunc

I barely ever farm on killer. I did the other day with a group that just hid in the basement until I found them (took longer than it should have) but in general, if I farm, it's on the survivor side, and it's because the killer decided to. Sometimes it's obvious I could have just died long ago and they decide to let me live for some reason or another, or down everyone, then let us finish the last generators because the game would have ended too fast. Or if it's obvious they want to do a challenge and weren't toxic during the game. Had a trapper one time, tunneled and camped every hook, I was the last survivor and he put traps on the ground around me and then picks me and lets me wiggle off.. I think he was either doing a daily, or that trapper rift challenge. I kept running away towards one of the gates. He called me stupid in the chat after he finally hooked me.. Yeah you tunneled and camped my friends, as if I'm going to help you get your challenge!

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Hey, toxicity is never the answer in a situation like this...

But I won't say that it isn't hilarious and gratifying. I've had almost the exact same happen to me (minus the SWF.)

• AvisDeene

What sound sound stands out most when you play DbD? For me it’s the screaming, and from all the screams in the game, Claudette has the best screams. The voice actor did a phenomenal job.

As much as I liked Ash and his franchise, I don’t think Bruce Campbell is that great of an actor. Entertaining, yes, but that’s about it.

That’s not to say the other voice actors are bad, but for me, I think Claudette is the best.

• yutycorn
    yutycorn Member Posts: 246

Two wrongs don't make a right. I'm a believer in what comes around goes around, so I wouldn't have escalated anything. Anna would've handled it when she found him.

My opinion, though and I has nothing more to say <3

• joker7997

Yeah that's different screw that guy, he wanted to finish his daily and sacrifice you anyway

• joker7997

The ones that make me laugh every time are when ash or David king gets taken down hard you can hear that ######### on the other side of the map

• Marcavecunc

Oh it definitely was gratifying!! haha ;)

That's fine, everyone has a right to their opinion ;) Anna probably would have, but it was fun just sending her after him and seeing her go. And watching him die was also totally worth it (actually I didn't watch, I ran back to my friends and worked on stuff)

• AvisDeene

I always laugh when I hear that, or when Steve gets hooked! Music to my ears <3

• Marcavecunc

Yeah most likely. I know I farmed for that one challenge. Survivors were in the exit gate waiting for me, so I just placed a trap next to it and backed away.. one of them came in to step on it, I reset the trap, and they stepped on a few times, then they left. I could have gotten it the normal way, probably, but I'm not a trapper player,. but yeah, at least I wasn't a dick about it, overtrapping hooks and whatnot. Trapper's the kind of killer I either get 0 traps, or 10 of them in a single game. But once people know it's trapper, there's no chance for me to get traps because people are too careful.

• Marcavecunc

I hate Feng's screaming/whining when I hit her.. God it's such an annoying sound!

• AvisDeene

I was actually going to complain about her but I got scared people would whip out their Torches and Pitchforks.

• Marcavecunc

Haha ;)

She sounds like someone's bad imitation of a rooster or something, honestly I don't know what they were thinking ;p