Terminator in DBD

Options
2»

Comments

• Animator
    Animator Member Posts: 372
    edited February 2020
    Options

What for? Why is Arnold Schwarzenegger needed in this game? His appearance in the game is very expensive for developers. One endoskeleton will be enough. If players want Terminator in living tissue, in extreme cases, you can add a random developer there, in the form of a skin.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 602
    Options

Yes! I have really wanted such a killer for a long time!!

Not necessarily the terminator but some kind of demonic-cyborg-killer-android-machine.

Previously I even made a fan creation for one: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/13860/chapter-error-in-the-system-the-bion#latest

I am still hoping for sci-fi-horror !

Greetz

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363
    Options

Judging by the new teaser, looks like we will have the T-800:

• legionIsBackBaby
    legionIsBackBaby Member Posts: 32
    Options

No

• SolAkira
    SolAkira Member Posts: 71
    Options

-slugs a survivor- "I'll be back" in Arnold's voice

-hooks a survivor- "I'll be back"

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options

Some people haven't watched Terminator 1, where he looked like Arnold AND didn't use a gun at some points in the movie. A Terminator chapter based around the first film would be great.

• Thane_Valkarian
    Thane_Valkarian Member Posts: 45
    Options

Nah make it the t-1000 it's unique ability is after hitting a survivor it can take on there appearance. To catch survivors off guard. It looses the terror radious and the red stane. If it starts working on a gen survivors are also working on the gen explodes cause different status effects to the survivors who were working on said Gene. And as mentioned have different blades of the liquid armor apendeges be the different cosmetics etc.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,552
    Options

The only times he didn't use a gun was when he just got to the "present" and near the end when he didn't have them anymore.(because explosions)

His prefered tactic is guns. Several of them.

Or just because jason killed people with other things before, him having a machete isn't an important part of the character anymore?

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

You don't seem to understand that people are going to want Arney. Read some of the other comments.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited February 2020
    Options

We definitely won't be getting a Terminator chapter. If it unfortunately does happen though, I will be abandoning this game as it will have officially reached peak "cash-grab" status.

The bloody chains in the new trailer also throw it off anyways.

And even if it does happen, don't be prepared to get voice clips. That was a one time thing for Ash.

• CrescentGent
    CrescentGent Member Posts: 60
    Options

Teaser points to it being Pinhead / Hellraiser.

Terminator would be a tad ridiculous since he uses guns and the like, wouldn't really fit the DBD image.

• TerminatorGuy
    Options

Again, there are times he didn't use guns. Just because he prefers them, doesn't necessarily mean he can't hunt without them. T-800s are fully capable of killing at close range (ex. Terminator 1, Salvation, and Genesis)

Nice job comparing a SLASHER villain's machete to a sci-fi horror android btw. Cuz guns are totally what made the Terminator popular. Strawman if I ever saw one.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,552
    Options

there are times he didn't use his machete. Just because he prefers it, doesn't necessarily mean he can't hunt without them. Jason fully capable of killing at any range (ex. Friday the 13th 2-X)

Congratulations on the very generic statement that totally doesn't work for literally any other character. Let's see.

there are times he didn't use his claws. Just because he prefers them, doesn't necessarily mean he can't hunt without them. Freddy is fully capable of killing at any range (ex. All nightmare movies)

there are times he didn't use his chainsaw. Just because he prefers it, doesn't necessarily mean he can't hunt without them. Leatherface is fully capable of killing at close range (ex. Texas chainsaw massacre, all of them)

I can go on... do I need to?

Nice job comparing a SLASHER villain's machete to a sci-fi horror android btw. Cuz guns are totally what made the Terminator popular. Strawman if I ever saw one.

Yes. Him being from a slasher changes everything. How dare I compare 2 movie icons by their prefered method of killing? I don't deserve to hear your supreme ideas, o' wise one.

You have a very vague understanding of what a strawman is don't you?

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options

Lol @ stunning a Terminator with a pallet.

• TerminatorGuy
    Options

Of course Jason, Leatherface, Freddy etc would be remembered by the weapons that are so synonymous and iconic to what they used in the movies. The Terminator and guns are not anywhere near that correlatable. Let me ask you, before any of the other Terminator movies before the first one were made, what did people think of when they saw the T-800 endoskeleton? They remembered the most iconic chase scene of Sarah and Kyle at the end because that is the first thing that came to mind. They thought of a Terminator lumbering towards them, not just using his UZI from a distance and ruining the suspense. In fact, from what I remember, people didn't even think of the endoskeleton opening scene with a plasma rifle, just the ending. Why you would ever compare the weapons that have become "one" with the iconic villain they are wielded by in a slasher genre to a sci-fi android with a whole arsenal and methods of eliminating his victims, which he gladly takes advantage of unlike your examples?

You compare characters from a slasher genre who almost always have one or two weapons that that they're known by throughout the whole series to a character that uses multiple methods of killing. Using so much more VARIETY unlike Jason and the others.

I understand fully what a strawman argument is, thank you very much. And you provided a perfect example of that. You go ahead and try to refute my argument by exaggerating and using synonymous weapons of slasher characters of little to no relevance to the Terminator and why he MUST use his guns and therefore cannot be in DBD. But unfortunately, your inflated ego wouldn't allow you to realize it.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Terminator is also good license for DbD. But i don't think this will be cheap.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,994
    Options

Jesus where did this pop up on your radar. Quite a necro

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I did not wanted open another topic for Terminator, i just searched is there any topic for him.

• AlohaSnacBar
    AlohaSnacBar Member Posts: 64
    Options

Take my money I'll buy w/o hesitation.