Is this true?

Options
Kliah
Kliah Member Posts: 29
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

"They're nerfing all the slowdown perks so none of them can be used together, removing Bloodlust without changing the maps (which means Survivors can run around a car all day and Killers other than Nurse will literally never catch them), they're removing the BP gain from BBQ, they're buffing a bunch of less used Survivor perks like Small Game, they're removing the ability to turn with Billy's Chainsaw and giving it a cooldown, they're removing Iri Heads and adding several seconds of windup to her hatchet throws" Terratox

Found this on the steam forums and I could not believe some of the stuff in here. Did I miss something?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kliah
    Kliah Member Posts: 29
    Options

I thought so. I was like, I have never heard of any of that ever.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

The first part rings a bell. But I believe they said nerfing so they don't work as well together not completely unusable together. But everything else I don't know. It sounds like a troll.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

A little bit of truth lies in it.

Slow-down perks are not supposed to have too much synergy. Time will tell whether we'll see more nerfs.

Some "weak" survivor perks like Small Game are indeed on the list for buffs.

Billy is on the list for some adjustments. We don't know details yet. Personally, I'm expecting a nerf to his base power & add-ons. (The only necessary change would be to make the insta-saw add-ons non-stackable. Everything else is too much.)

The devs hinted for a while that Iri Heads are on the nerf list. Nothing more.

• Brittany371
    Brittany371 Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2020
    Options

from the dev stream on janurary 23, 2020:

(these q&a can be found in the forums posted by the devs as well)

Will other slowdown perks get changes as well?: they have to consider games using to make slow down perks in one match. their goal is to make them less obnoxious when run together, but still strong when run on their own. 

are you looking to improve weaker perks?: yes. perks planned to be changed due to small usage: small game, cruel limits, any means necessary, slippery meat, vigil, this is not happening, technician. 

will commonly used survivor perks get the same treatment?: (d strike, borrowed time, adrenaline) Lithe is used more than all 3 of these perks. These perks are not used nearly as much as self care. Self care most used survivor perk-ruin most used killer perk. Self care sticks out alot but significantly lower than ruin, but isnt as problematic/not cause problems so no plans to change it at this time.

will there be more gen slowdown perks in the future: its not impossible but they will be very careful with how they interact with other perks. they do not want 4 slow down perks to be meta. 

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

No mention of giving the killers a helping hand in other regards. Killers just got a huge nerf across the board. Now a nerf to the most balanced killer in the game is on the works, and they're nerfing slowdown perks to not have synergy? You're supposed to synergize perks.

Slowdown perks are meta because of bad map design. Just like how ruin is a band-aid fix for bad maps, and the BL nerf was a band-aid for bad maps. Now they revert the efficacy of slowdown perks because it isn't fun for survivors? What about killers who are forced to run the same perks every match because we have to if we want to win, because of poor balance.

Its honestly incredible how biased the devs are towards survivors.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited February 2020
    Options

Unless the devs stated this stuff I wouldnt believe a word of it. If half of those came true so soon after the ruin nerf I think most if not all the killer community will launch an exodus to another game.

If they want to remove perks ability to synergize they should start with all the 2nd chance perks survivors have. DS+BT+Adren. DH doesn't bother me really.

Now that I think about it none of these perks truly bother me, except DS. It's when you combine them all together and all 4 survivors are using them, it becomes a problem.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

Bloodlust is already balanced. Get hit or break a pallet and it resets. Also think hitting a survivor counts too, but mainly forces pallet use in chases.

• pizzaDragonite
    pizzaDragonite Member Posts: 8
    Options

No they’re not, Ik they hate killers, but they wouldn’t remove Billy’s turning.