The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Opinion on purposefully slugging to bait DC?

2»

Comments

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    edited February 2020

Ahhh yes. When you bait, it's a joke. Noted.

It was aimed at everyone who has said DS is balanced (newsflash - you're not the only one). Don't flatter yourself, man. Not everything is about you.

Have a good day.

🙄

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243

I literally think these forums have become a "had a bad game I need to vent" site, lol. I'm guilty of it too but I guarantee most of the posts are from survivor or SWF teams that usually bully the killers and have a couple toxic games where they can't bully with the same strategy or killers that usually 4k and end up with a toxic SWF team that can be awful in all honesty

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Specifically, the killer leaves everyone on the ground and lets them all bleed out. It isn't a pressure tactic as they haven't hooked anyone. Stop being on a high horse and try to understand what OP is saying.

• McLightning

Which still isn't toxic. It's not against any rules other than the imaginary survivor rules for killers.

• th3

It is toxic, I don't want to bleed out when there is no one else to pick me up. When everyone is on the ground bleeding out there is literally no more pressure to be applied. I would understand if some dick is crawling to the edge of the map where there are no hooks cause that's just irritating, but when there is a hook nearby and the killer is refusing to hook me even though I'm crawling towards it is toxicity.

What else would it be? I clearly would want the match to end, there is no excuse such as "applying pressure", and I'm not being a dick and crawling to the edge of the map to try and hold the game hostage by refusing to get hooked.

Stuff like that just breeds the exact behavior that killers complain about.

*Tunnels straight off the hook* *Runs into DS* *Complains about it and calls the survivor braindead for having a "crutch" perk*

Lets not forget about the killers rulebook for survivors.

If you run DS, BT, Sprint Burst, DH, Adrenaline, Unbreakable that's toxic and you are braindead for running crutch perks you no skill loser.

If you loop me and then pallet drop that's toxic.

If you don't run into my arms 10 seconds after the match starts, you are an immersive simp.

I reserve the right to complete happiness and if you go for unhooks that's toxicity.

You are toxic for playing the game and doing generators. (Most Important rule)

• McLightning

It's not toxic. It's a tactic the devs have given killers. You bleed out, so it's not taking the game hostage.

It can annoy you, you can not like it, you can not find it fun; but it's a legitimate play style within the game, and it's not against the rules. Therefore, not toxic. That's really all there is to say. The real toxicity comes from the people who are all "I don't like this thing, so it's toxic". That's not how it works.

That's like saying pallet loops are toxic. Spoiler: They aren't. And neither is slugging. Even if you just let them bleed out.

• th3

I mean after reading, I don't really disagree. I just think it would be time better spent by the killer and survivor by the killer effectively ending the game instead of the bleeding out unless they are hiding.

• McLightning

I mean, yeah. Of course. You're right in that it's not very productive. I never said it was productive. I just, you know, can't agree that something in the game that isn't against the rules is toxic, lol

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I've seen some pretty rediculous stuff since the DC penalty was added. Not saying I want it removed, because I don't. But wow, the toxicity is at new levels.

Watched my wife play a game (I told her I've had enough survivor for the month) and the killers are mori spamming, face camping, hardcore tunneling, even working with survivors to harass another one. Watched won lure a survivor into rescuing her off the hook, just so he could slug her, and down the rescuer. Hooked the rescuer and mori spammed my wife on and off for around a minute before killing her.

No, my wife did not teabag, have an item, or loop him all that well. He was just doing it. Said afterwards that she could have DC'd if she did not like it. Wow.....

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Alt tab.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Should have been addressed before introducing the punishments by giving survivors the option to bleedout faster.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

Im not baiting DCs, im just getting my bleed out points 😉

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

All this stuff existed before. It’s a reason why the disconnect rate was so high.

But the people that implemented the penalty don’t actually play the game so of course they have no idea. Just a bunch of people completely out of touch and without a shred of care for the game they’re working on.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

you do know the killer is also wasting their time right? just have something open, im sure you can browse the web a bit, if you dont care then where is the fun for the opposition?

• Herbalyte
    Herbalyte Member Posts: 45

"situation out of your control"... Hmmm sounds like a killer game with most of the killers at our disposal 😂

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

I don't really play survivor publicly but I usually run Unbreakable when I do, sadly however, at P1-33 I haven't found it again so... It's so stupid that public match killers do this. I'm a killer main and I am respectful as long as I see the respect I show being mirrored back to me. But most killer games I play involve me getting to the point of camping, and tunneling. I get GenRushed, teabagged, and all that. The balance changes every patch, after the ruin nerf it was mainly survivor sided, now this DC Penalty changed the balance again, to killer because all you need is Knock Out and or Third Seal and you've won. Everyone will DC, you won't get points or pip, and you have ruined the game for the survivors. I know killing is part of the game but the game is meant to be fun on both sides, not merely 1 side.