Killer shouldn't see

Options

The killer shouldn't be able to see what each character brings in the game while in the lobby.

Comments

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349
    Options

They've already said that they're not going to change it, as it is really important for the killer to see what items people are bringing. Say if they bring in 4 toolboxes, then the killer is able to put on Franklin's demise to help slow gen progression, so they don't absolutely get destroyed.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

It's part of the game for the killer to be able to prepare if they want. Some perks like Lightborn don't make sense to equip unless there's a lot of flashlights for example.

There's an arguement to be made for stuff like player names as beyond them leading to profiles and stuff it just enables what in my opinion is undesirable and cringy "grudges" and the like, but seeing items is fine.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

It's 1v4. The killer can see so they can prepare.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949
    Options

I think instead of hiding their names, there should simply be an option to hide names (like a streamer mode). Knowing who you're facing is important info for the killer.

• Ardjet
    Ardjet Member Posts: 85
    Options

I hardly think this is an unfair thing. With that logic, why should Killers be able to see what you are holding in your hands while in the match?

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

The you'll say a killer shouldn't DC because you all brought toolboxes to end the game in 2 minutes...

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

Not everyone that plays killer might have the perks/add ons needed on the killer they picked to handle groups where everyone is bringing in a toolbox and they shouldn't be forced to play only a few killers to have a chance.

There is a few reasons why a killer may dodge a lobby some will do it just to get a easy group and just stomp them into the ground just for the fun off it, others will do it because they know they have no chance against 4 players each with 4 perks and a item while they only have 1 perk.

It's fine to say switch to another killer that is stronger to handle the group but people have to realize not everyone might have a strong killer that can handle a group or the perks to do it.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

So why cant the killer then see what perks are being brought?

That might help with them preparing?

You could also always bring franklins if you are that scared of items should they be hidden.

also we should not see offerings, of anyone.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,634
    Options

While this is correct, I am focussing mainly on Red Ranks with my Statement. And according to the Forum, Killers who reach Red Rank must be exceptionally good, so they should be fine with playing vs every group of Survivors.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I get the feeling someone lost an item to Franklin's Demise.

While we all have annoying moments because of it from time to time, this feature is necessary. There's one Killer against four Survivors. The Killer should at least be able to prepare for, or have an idea of, what the Survivors might be bringing to the table.

By and large, the Survivors are the ones who should be faced with uncertainty and apprehension, not the Killer.

Also, the title out of context is hilarious.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

You know what I am getting absolutely sick and tired of seeing people complaining about the last few threads of power killers have. You survivor mains are going to kill this game and you won't realise it until you can't find a match due to killer playerbase dropping to less than 5% if not lower.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options
  • AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

No, Survivors are the power role in the whole game. If they don’t screw up, they can waste the killers time for the whole match. They also have many second chances to make up for their errors. If the killers screw up, the lose a lot of time and possibly the match. The only second chance perk killers really have is NoEd which is a perk that is completely controlled by survivors.

I used to think Killers were the power role, then I tried it out and found the truth.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Perks are not something the Survivor physically carries, so hiding the info from the Killer makes sense. It doesn't make as much sense to hide something physically being carried.

Also, Franklin's is WAY too situational to be forced to make it a perk you have to guess on using. There's a super realistic chance that the perk becomes wasted a good number of times if you bring it in every time just in case.

And offerings are shown for everyone (barring some specific cases), so that's not really a problem.

• GreezyWeezy
    GreezyWeezy Member Posts: 72
    Options

You're right killer shouldn't see period. Killer should only be able to hear.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

No we must know if it's time to lobby dodge or not. You just want all survivors to bring toolboxes for an easy game.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Listen if you're scared the killer is going to see your Key, play Steve with the Scoops ahoy outfit. His hand clips into his skirt/scoop, and hides the key so the Killer can't see it.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728
    Options

Or just be a claudette in the second spot. Keys are like near impossible to see there. I have to squint so hard to see that a balled fist is not a key. Only to find out it was one