Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sabo, Breakout, and MOM are OP now.

Hear me out. So with saboteurs new changes, it takes about 2.5 seconds to sabotage a hook, right? So with a coordinated SWF, all taking protection hits to stack MOM, with breakout to speed up the survivors wiggle, and the nearest 3 hooks (which is a nightmare if everyone brings petrified oak) destroyed, SWF owns the game. This is just a theory though. I’m Xbox so I cant play the PTB. Thoughts?

Comments

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Yeah, I think there is going to be major problems with SWF teams

• Multitude
    Multitude Member Posts: 4

And if they take the time to do that guess what they aren't doing? Gens.

Yes, SWF will abuse this.

No, this won't be common in rando games as there is no coordination all it will lead to is even higher kill rates in rando games.

I'm convinced that what the killer side of this community wants is for survivors to spawn on hooks.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2020

I gotta see these things in action with sweaty SWFs first before I make any opinions on it.

I think that instant heal perk is the real thing we need to keep an eye on though, it's power to flat out deny kills near the end of the game might be just too strong. I feel like it shouldn't work within a killer's terror radius or something.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

I mean, tell that to survivors who want NOED nerfed because the perks that help them find totems "aren't meta and if you don't run meta perks you don't win". Or to the nerds who want Hillbilly nerfed because they can't juke left or right.

It goes both ways.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Hangman's Trick.

Also Mad Grit.

Also Agi/IG.

Also slugging.

Also Infectious.

• SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88

If a SWF is coordinated enough, the second a survivor starts losing a chase, they’ll go in a corner far from hooks and close to people to tell them to come help

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I'm not going to evaluate the other 2 RN. But MoM was not buffed by the changes.

• helix43
    helix43 Member Posts: 180

Have you actually seen it in action? I have been watching streamers do this for the past few hours. You only need one person running to hooks, so 2 survivors can still be working on gens. Since swfs are extremely common in red ranks it definitely will become the norm in red ranks. This in turn will drive more killers to run slugging builds, and we all know how much survivors love slugging killers.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Takes one survivor to sabo the hook to allow the other to escape. The other 2 are on gens. Gens are being done and killer doesn't have a hook.

I'm convinced that what the survivor side of this community wants is for survivors to spawn crouched at the exit gates.

• SeeYoureWrong
    SeeYoureWrong Member Posts: 88

Oh yeah. All I’m saying is that these perks have OP synergy together. Tank protection hits while survivor wiggles with breakout, and sabotage nearby hooks to ensure there’s no hook Granted, a huge waste of perk slots, but still.

• Multitude
    Multitude Member Posts: 4

Do you really think the survivor meta is going to change because of this?

I don't.

If you see this live, it'll be from a SWF group that just trolling the killer.

People will use it at the start because it's "new" then fall right back into the meta.

If you find a group of Rando's that make this work, and still get gens done efficiently, by all means link me to it so I can see for myself.

It takes 2 to tango. As long as the survivor meta is the best counter to current trends in playstyle it isn't going anywhere.

And yes a lot of survivors would like to spawn at exit gates, doesn't change the fact that killers want easy games, ending in a 4k ON THEIR TERMS, with no effort.

Both sides want to "have their cake and eat it too." 🤣

• Legionmain0517
    Legionmain0517 Member Posts: 34

Honestly this strategy does still require a bit of right place right time. SWFs might give you a little more hell but as long as you can get to the hook you'll be just fine. Coordinated hook sabos with multiple teammates take away gen pressure. This whole update may be the beginning of a meta shift for survivors, and anything that isnt sweaty swf toolbox genrush is good with me.

Oh yeah and if you really have issues with survivors just getting in your way, throw on Agitation. Seriously, besides the fact that survivors are alot more aggressive, Agitation always saves the extra seconds you need to keep up pressure. You definitely feel the speed difference, especially across 9 or 10 hooks.